• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Martin Johnson has quit as England coach

Shaun Edwards and Brendan Venter both tip a McGeechan Mallinder combo for the top... please can this be true!

As for Rob Andrew he has a long history of being an odious man and the press conference summed it up for me; MJ knew he wasn't up to the job and did the honourable thing whilst Andrew seemed to be there solely to offer the sacrifice of a person who was 10 the man and player than he is/was to the press.

If it's the Geech from the Lions - good stuff
If it's the Geech from Bath - meh.

During the interview, when Rob Andrew was speaking, Johnson looked like he wanted to hit him after some of his comments. Did enjoy the way how Johnson answered questions issued to Andrew before he could even get a word in. The body language was also interesting; Johnson looked to slouch at times whilst Andrew tried to keep him up straight.

Last edited:
During the interview, when Rob Andrew was speaking, Johnson looked like he wanted to hit him after some of his comments.

But he will have to wait in the queue like everyone else

If it's the Geech from the Lions - good stuff
If it's the Geech from Bath - meh.

Exactly... should Geech from the Liions turn up, England win. Bath win as well as he has managed to turn us into relatively strong 5th place contenders pushing on 4th place to 5/6/7 place contenders ATM. I'd probably give £50 to fund him moving away from Bath.... for good.

Disappointed at the news. I am no expert on English Rugby, but I thought highly of M.J. He was an awesome player and I was rooting for him, except when they played France, to succeed as a manager. I have to believe he will still be involved later down the road.

Latest posts