• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

matt burke approached by wallabies

When u go back to school on monday, ask ur teach what sarcasm is all about.
There's still hope u might learn something before u graduate this year. ;) [/b]

Well if it was sarcastic then i'll retract my last sentence...but the rest stays:

Grow up Haj...you're supposed to be 31 and you're acting like a little brat? Insulting C.A Iversen for having a different opinion (albeit the better opinion) by calling him a 'nerd' is absolutley pointless.

We're here to discuss our opinions and provide proof, not to stoop as low as to start insulting other members when you can't provide a sufficient argument.

I think a more better comparison to Burke is Christian Cullen. Hypothetically speaking how would you feel if the Allblacks went through a spell like the Reds and lost their 2 best fullbacks in macdonald and muliaina(which they have) thru injury and in NZRU wisdom they decided in a RWC year it would be better to call back Christian Cullen instead of giving other promising young guys like toeava(sp?), cory jane etc etc a shot.
Sure we lost latham but how can they discount giving a guy like cameron shepherd a shot to start at fullback(his favoured position). Theres other young guys who would learn from the experience like adam ashley cooper , and drew mitchell and at least they'll still be around when the next world cup swings by. And no! i dont think Andrew Walker is the solution either!
I still have nightmares from 2003 and 2004 of guys like mat burke and elton flatley getting smoked continuously by guys like rockococo, howlett and muliaina.
[/b]

My quote above is about as serious as im gonna treat this topic of discussion.

:violin: :violin: Yes calling someone a nerd on the internet is definitely pointless but it does wonderful things to my online ego and e-penis! My advice is to harden the f*** up! :)

Um, guys - to anyone going to school on Monday I say good luck! I love Canberra Day!

Grow up Haj...you're supposed to be 31 and you're acting like a little brat? Insulting C.A Iversen for having a different opinion (albeit the better opinion) by calling him a 'nerd' is absolutley pointless.

We're here to discuss our opinions and provide proof, not to stoop as low as to start insulting other members when you can't provide a sufficient argument.
[/b]

Did you even read any of his posts?

Haj made many good points about why Burke should not have been considered for a Wallaby recall (all of which i COMPLETELY agree with!)

I agree that the insults were not called for, but how can you say he didn't provide a sufficient argument?. No offence, but he made more sense than anyone in this thread.

There is not doubt that Burke's status as a Wallaby great is assured and I respect that. However, considering he wasn't good enough to get into the Wallabies team 4 years ago, and the fact that he left the Waratahs because he couldn't crack the starting XV, how could he honestly be considered for a spot in the RWC team?????....ridiculous!

Saying he brings Leadership is all well and good, but it's not exactly something we lack with guys like Gregan,Mortlock,Larkham,Vickerman,Sharpe etc etc... more impotantly, is the Burke of 2007 a better fullback than the current crop we have have playing in the S14 atm?......... the answer is NO!

If it turns out that Latham is not available for the RWC, it's clear who the obvious replacement should be - Cameron Shepherd :cheers: - you know, the form outside back of the S14, the leading try scorer, the leading point scorer... yeah that guy!

....and behind Shep there's probably another 7 blokes i'd rather have playing fullback for the Wallabies over Burkey - Mitchell,Gerrard,SNK,AAC,Schifcofske,Hewat and Huxley spring to mind.

Agreed Truth. He did have some valid points. His delivery could use a lot of work though.

I may have overreacted a bit, but all the same, resulting to name calling is pitiful. Oh well.

Latest posts