Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• What's a PM?

• Total voters
K

kaftka

I'm sure I can predict the outcome of this poll but, I'm just wondering what the point is in Mods PMing people, notifying them that some of their posts are deleted.

It seems a waste of time really. It never used to happen, and only started because some people got into a kerfuffle over their senseless posts disappearing, didn't it? It's not really an annoyance, so much as a....well, it is an annoyance. It's only minor, but just something that I don't see the point of. People just need to get over it.

I voted yes because it appears that sometimes posts "dissapear" by themselves and this way the "culprate" is clearly identified and any disputes can go directly towards them rather than a random attack on the staff in general.

Also it gives an actual reason which you can dispute if you want. It also shows which mods do their jobs and which ones are lazy ********
<

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Oct 19 2005, 05:13 PM
I voted yes because it appears that sometimes posts "dissapear" by themselves and this way the "culprate" is clearly identified and any disputes can go directly towards them rather than a random attack on the staff in general.

Also it gives an actual reason which you can dispute if you want. It also shows which mods do their jobs and which ones are lazy ********
<
I concur

From my point of view, for the majority of the posts that get deleted it is quite obvious why they have been removed. However, if members want to be informed when a post has been removed, then I for one have no gripes about doing so.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 19 2005, 07:05 PM
From my point of view, for the majority of the posts that get deleted it is quite obvious why they have been removed. However, if members want to be informed when a post has been removed, then I for one have no gripes about doing so.
Fair enough, I'm just thinking that, it's just a post. It's not as if someone stole your wristwatch.

I realise I can only speak for myself, so that's the reason for the poll. Curiosity.

yeah, i dont know how many posts actually get deleted, none of mine i dont think
<
, so i assume its not going to be a major job for the mods to do a simple pm to the people - but then again i could be wrong on the scale of the problem.

but you also have to remember, if people dont get pms about deleted posts, then you get them moaning about "ooh those c*** mods are being discrimatory against me, and it wasnt bad, others got away with it..... etc" which is imo, equal, if not worse than the actuall problem.

Alright, who's the smart arse cock who closed Kafkta's Game thread... now how will I get my Pink Volkswagon back?

It is now Mod procedure to PM all affected posters.............

............this stops any "crying" from certain members who need to be reminded as to why their posts got deleted........(also gives members the option to complain about Mods actions if they still think they are unwarranted)

......it is helpful in the case where a person gets caught up sometimes replying to off topic comments withina thread, that are then deleted (along with others)back to the original topic (as was the case with Kaftka today).

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 19 2005, 07:24 PM
Look what happened last time NZL_Fan tried to hide it all...
It's amazing how you can see what posts get deleted, and by who.
<

It's not a fact of trying to hide it, if the post needs deleting, it will get deleted. It's only a post. I honestly don't see the point in PMing the 'victim' about it.

"Just to inform you, one or more of your posts have been deleted in the 'such-n-such' thread."
Well thank you for being honest, I will try better next time...

Puh-lease. It doesn't make any difference. If one of our posts disappears, then the chances are it got deleted. Probably because it was off-topic or insulting. It's not going to stop people from posting stuff like that again...That's why theres a warn level. Fair enough on all of your guys points, but I just don't see the point.

Just a few thoughts...

EDIT:

Originally posted by NZL_fan
......it is helpful in the case where a person gets caught up sometimes replying to off topic comments withina thread, that are then deleted (along with others)back to the original topic (as was the case with Kaftka today).

*Gasp!*

You know they're called PM's for a reason...
<

Nah, thanks for the PM. Reminded me of a topic I was going to start a while ago...

Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 19 2005, 07:43 PM

............this stops any "crying" from certain members who need to be reminded as to why their posts got deleted........(also gives members the option to complain about Mods actions if they still think they are unwarranted)

Jesus Christ... So we aren't allowed to have humour anymore in threads?

Originally posted by Ripper+Oct 19 2005, 07:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Oct 19 2005, 07:44 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Oct 19 2005, 07:43 PM

Jesus Christ... So we aren't allowed to have humour anymore in threads? [/b]
Get back on your chain boy....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Jesus Christ... So we aren't allowed to have humour anymore in threads?[/b]

........I didn't take the bait, but you did??
<

...........dont worry, all in good fun
<
.............and before you ask, NO I had nothing to do with the closing of Kaftkas thread, and have no idea what mod closed it.......

Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 19 2005, 07:47 PM
.I didn't take the bait, but you did??
<

<
.............and before you ask, NO I had nothing to do with the closing of Kaftkas thread, and have no idea what mod closed it.......
I'm glad we're starting to tackle the serious issues now.

Forget the PM's, who the hell closed the official Scrap Metal:The Ultimate Salvage Yard Simulation (thanks wigan) thread!?

When this game wins game of the year, you will all see....You will all see very well....

Figuratively. I have no idea what your eyesight is like.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Oct 19 2005, 07:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Oct 19 2005, 07:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Oct 19 2005, 07:47 PM
.I didn't take the bait, but you did?? 
<

<
I'm glad we're starting to tackle the serious issues now.

Forget the PM's, who the hell closed the official Scrap Metal:The Ultimate Salvage Yard Simulation (thanks wigan) thread!?

When this game wins game of the year, you will all see....You will all see very well....

Figuratively. I have no idea what your eyesight is like. [/b]
My guess is SaintFansWebby, he's the only other mod on I think... Umosay just reopened it anyway.

I think that whenever a mod closes a thread he should go through and send a PM to everybody that posted in or view that thread and explain to them why it was closed.

*cough*

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Oct 19 2005, 07:57 PM
I think that whenever a mod closes a thread he should go through and send a PM to everybody that posted in or view that thread and explain to them why it was closed.

*cough*
Most mods post a last comment in the thread being closed detailing why the thread is being closed........I'll see if that can be made standard as well..........