• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

McAlister won't be rushing anywhere

I thought that McAlister committed to Sale for 3 years when he joined, returning to New Zealand in Summer before the next World Cup. B8ut don't quote me on it.

I believe he wanted back in time for the S14 prior to the World cup, but Sale had him until then. That was my understanding of the deal.

I read an article a while back say that he would be back in New Zealand as soon as his contract was up due to him missing his daughter and he has also been playing down the quality of rugby over there. Even if he came back he would struggle to knock Nonu out of the ABs as Nonu has been very solid and Conrad Smith has been the man ever since Nonu moved to number 12 for the Hurricanes. Hopefully McAlister has learned that rugby is a team game before he returns just as Nonu has this year.

McAlisters still has the advantage over Nonu of being able to kick the ball, Henry has always favoured the 10/12 both being able to kick the ball, while with Panadol we aren't missing it as much but he's not too far away from either having his brain scrambled or taking up his pension.

Now, I don't really care, Nonu has played better in the 12 jersey this season than anyone else we've had in the past 5 or so years.[/b]

McAlisters performances on the 06 end of year tour and even the Quarter Final pre Yellow Card and having to shift to Fly Half for the last 20 were better.

I thought that McAlister committed to Sale for 3 years when he joined, returning to New Zealand in Summer before the next World Cup. B8ut don't quote me on it.

I believe he wanted back in time for the S14 prior to the World cup, but Sale had him until then. That was my understanding of the deal.
[/b]
It was a 2 year deal, although we only had him November this year. Phillipe Saint-Andre should force him, at gun-point, to stay with Sale until November '09 to make up for the time he missed during the World Cup.

Latest posts