• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

McAlister won't be rushing anywhere

S

Sir Speedy

http://www.stockportexpress.co.uk/sport/ru...shing_back_home

"McAlister’s contract with Sharks expires at the end of this season, but some southern hemisphere news organisations suggested the 24-year-old was tempted to depart even sooner.

However, McAlister insisted this speculation was well wide of the mark."

Good, another season for him to win us some silverware. At least we're certain he'll be staying after his comments in May. :bana:

The more time he stays away from New Zealand the less chance he'll have of regaining his All Black jersey as Nonu and Smith/Kahui will have more game time together instead of bringing in a new center who has been playing under northern hemisphere rules.

The more time he stays away from New Zealand the less chance he'll have of regaining his All Black jersey as Nonu and Smith/Kahui will have more game time together instead of bringing in a new center who has been playing under northern hemisphere rules.
[/b]
Well, unless he has a serious dip in form I'd be surprised if he isn't picked for the AB's, since he'll still have two years to be re-acquainted with the other centres before the WC.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Well, unless he has a serious dip in form I'd be surprised if he isn't picked for the AB's, since he'll still have two years to be re-acquainted with the other centres before the WC. [/b][/quote]

Yes you are right but the fact is he will be going from one set of rules to another, and also going up against a center partnership who have played together for an extra 2 years under a foreign set of rules. Perhaps he could take up a deal with Manchester United, I heard he used to play for their child-teams, or maybe that was a lie :blink: Can't remember.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Well, unless he has a serious dip in form I'd be surprised if he isn't picked for the AB's, since he'll still have two years to be re-acquainted with the other centres before the WC. [/b][/quote]

Yes you are right but the fact is he will be going from one set of rules to another, and also going up against a center partnership who have played together for an extra 2 years under a foreign set of rules. Perhaps he could take up a deal with Manchester United, I heard he used to play for their child-teams, or maybe that was a lie :blink: Can't remember.
[/b][/quote]
I think the Premiership is being played under the ELV's next season; or at least I have yet to hear otherwise. I do know however that the EDF Cup will be played under the old laws.

EDIT: Yeh, I remember reading that he played for Man Utd's junior team as a boy, or something like that.

The Guinness Premiership will be played under the NEW rules. Also, I believe that Sale are going to be in the HEC, playing against French teams.

In a way therefore, not only will he be playing a more complete version of the ELVs (including the maul rules) but he'll be getting game time against the opponents who always jinx New Zealand in a World Cup: France.

Thats something Nonu doesn't have.

The Guinness Premiership will be played under the NEW rules. Also, I believe that Sale are going to be in the HEC, playing against French teams.

In a way therefore, not only will he be playing a more complete version of the ELVs (including the maul rules) but he'll be getting game time against the opponents who always jinx New Zealand in a World Cup: France.

Thats something Nonu doesn't have.
[/b]
What an advantage! :D That is if both French teams decide to show up. Knowing Clermont Auvergne and their obsession with attempting to win the Brennus, they'll put out a 20th string side for all their encounters, hoping (probably will be) that they'll still be in contention and Montauban will put out a strong side that won't lose a home game, but a weak side for the away games, knowing they'll lose them all and hence losing them by 50+ points. I suppose running over fellow New Zealanders Tipoki and Mafi will be a good warm-up for McAlister for his return home next year. :p

For crashing my browser...this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OeZ-VIWLYHw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OeZ-VIWLYHw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:bleh!:

[/b]

McAlister use to play for Manchester United Football Academy so if he doesn't get the AB jersey he can always take a 5 min trip down to old trafford and get a 20 figure wage salary and play with rooney :)

For crashing my browser...this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OeZ-VIWLYHw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OeZ-VIWLYHw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:bleh!:
[/b]
:bana: Is that Japanese (Lol, probably not...) for "Sir. Speedy is the best, [more praise for me here]"?

/lulz.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

McAlister use to play for Manchester United Football Academy so if he doesn't get the AB jersey he can always take a 5 min trip down to old trafford and get a 20 figure wage salary and play with rooney :)
[/b][/quote]

If he was good enough to play for Man U, he wouldn't have left/been kicked out to play rugby for peanuts :)

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

If he was good enough to play for Man U, he wouldn't have left/been kicked out to play rugby for peanuts :) [/b][/quote]

Surely it was his father who wanted him to play rugby, especially rugby league.

If Nonu hadn't hit his straps this season I would have been worried if McAlister wasn't coming back sooner. Now, I don't really care, Nonu has played better in the 12 jersey this season than anyone else we've had in the past 5 or so years.

If Nonu hadn't hit his straps this season I would have been worried if McAlister wasn't coming back sooner. Now, I don't really care, Nonu has played better in the 12 jersey this season than anyone else we've had in the past 5 or so years.
[/b]
Oh goodie, can we keep him then? :D

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

If he was good enough to play for Man U, he wouldn't have left/been kicked out to play rugby for peanuts :) [/b][/quote]

Surely it was his father who wanted him to play rugby, especially rugby league.
[/b][/quote]

Maybe, but i very much doubt he was good enough to make the Man U startiung team. Large premiership clubs all have extensive age group development programmes. I know a guy who made the NZ u/17 team for football/soccer, he's now at the youth academy at West Bromwich-a rather poor premiership team. He reckons he has a 50/50 chance of making the starting team in later years. Obviously its extremely competitive.

McCallister didn't make any representative teams to the best of my knowledge, but I may be wrong. I just think its extremely unlikely he was good enough for Manchester United

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Oh goodie, can we keep him then? :D [/b][/quote]

Keep him. The way he left New Zealand at such an early age showed to me that he doesn't rate the All Black jersey very highly.

[/b]
Oh goodie, can we keep him then? :D [/b][/quote]

Keep him. The way he left New Zealand at such an early age showed to me that he doesn't rate the All Black jersey very highly.
[/b][/quote]
Oh I could only dream. >_> Most likely he'll return to NZ, attempt to get the shirt back and return to the NH after a successful/unsuccessful World Cup; that's if Henry puts him in the squad.

You know, they need to find the highest mountain in New Zealand, build a monastary up there with a decently sized rugby pitch and incarcerate every five year old male New Zealander who shows some decent promise with rugby. That way you won't have problems with them going 'oop north to the Motherland when they turn ten :p

Latest posts