• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Prem to be expanded & ring fenced?

Sounds terrible, tbh
Why terrible.
As long as strict salary caps were put in place, it would solve many problems.
  • Top level competition against international opposition
  • Reduction in games played, so top players play a greater percentage of matches.
  • Greater revenues due to more interesting matches
  • Keep international and club game separate, enabling all players to be able to play for whichever team they want in the league, as every country would have same release windows.
  • Tier 2 players more opportunities to play professionally and internationally as release window is same.

It would completely obliterate Super Rugby as the premier club competition.

I just don't understand everyone's obsession with making rugby so boring.

It's like this new world cup jr they're trying to push through.

European rugby is so good because it's different to the norm, you look forward to the comps because they're special. Make it the status quo and it'd quickly become boring.

This new world league thing would ruin the world cup because why would people look forward to the world cup when it happens every year anyway.

I just don't understand everyone's obsession with making rugby so boring.

It's like this new world cup jr they're trying to push through.

European rugby is so good because it's different to the norm, you look forward to the comps because they're special. Make it the status quo and it'd quickly become boring.

This new world league thing would ruin the world cup because why would people look forward to the world cup when it happens every year anyway.
The reason why is that professional sport has become an entertainment and is not just a sport. People choose to spend their leisure money by going to theatre as entertainment and sport has entered into this realm.

The product has to fit with the audience, especially the TV audience, as so it is inevitable this will happen, just like a full European Football League.

I am not saying I am in favour or not just that this is the way professional sport is going.

Latest posts