• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

mex

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Feb 4 2005, 07:15 PM
long live mex hes an awsome comentery
He sounds like someone who is uneducated pretending that he is.

I love the aussie team the best. Genuine sense of humour.

The S.a were good in the fact that they were not too biased.

The kiwis on sky are so biased it is embaressing. That and Mexted making a fool of himself while he thinks he is a walking dictionary is too much to bear.

australians n english commentators r boring...ive never seen commentators attack opposite teams so much...kiwis r the most entertaining

Andrew Wilson reckons Mexted is in the R2005 game. Well if that is the case then I suppose I would be happy as his comments are so stupid........I'd need a laugh during a tense game.

how many of us have been an all black? mex has, so id listin to wat he has 2 say about the game itself, jst laugh wen he describes how mehtans
takes it beheind from mashall

Marto and Kearnsy are brilliant. I love their bickering about backs and forwards. Also them plus Clarky bring a lot of excitement to the game.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH........RATHBONE

And yes they are biast, so what?

they shud jst make the commentators choose wich team they wanna b baisd to each game, that way you could prove them rong and listin to them after the game, it would make the game a lot more human like?

With all commentators there is some bias, their not referees after all. They are allowed some parochialism.
I've heard clarky and the other aussies from across the ditch and they are just as biased as us kiwis are. Pommie commentators are also very pro their own country. I think the S.Africans are the best as far as fairness goes.
Entertainment is what we want though, and in an age where rugby is dumbed down to family entertainment I'm glad they've got a guy that knows what terms like "mongrel, panache, stouche, claret and front-row justice" mean. If you think Mex has the philosophies of a mindless thug, then as he would probably say, "Enjoy your 2:30 croquet appointment, we'll watching the big boy's put the hurt on each other for eighty minutes!".

I'm sorry, there maybe smarter commentators, but name one who'd want see a guy driven back four metres with a busted rib for his troubles, than Mex.

He'll keep us awake, at the least.

It would be nice if commentators were suited to each country, within reason. i.e Bill McClaren in UK, Mex in NZ etc etc just like in real life.

yeh thatd acually make it realistic, i mean since when did you hear mexted comeentating sum litle heinkan cup game? i guess its to much work to get them all in,

I wish they had got Phil Kearns instead of Ian Robertson... That pommy bloke is just so BORRING! He's just like Gordon Bray!

Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 5 2005, 04:37 PM
I wish they had got Phil Kearns instead of Ian Robertson... That pommy bloke is just so BORRING! He's just like Gordon Bray!
Yeah....Kearns has one of the quickest wits in the game. Great sense of humour.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Feb 5 2005, 06:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 5 2005, 06:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Feb 5 2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah....Kearns has one of the quickest wits in the game. Great sense of humour. [/b]
Definately! He's biased yeah, but as least he's enjoyable to listen to!

bias comentray is awsome! as long as they cant affect the game then it sal gud, in fact i encourage it in ea 2005 rugby rite?

bias comentray is awsome! as long as they cant affect the game then it sal gud, in fact i encourage it in ea 2005 rugby rite?

I admit even tho i live in the UK I watch Sky spts quite a lot for the rugby, and I have to say the commentary from Stuart Barnse has to be the worst. and so hypocrytical.

Dewi morris aint too bad but i think the english game is getting put down by the lack of sportsman like commentary.

Latest posts