• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

mex

Does anyone else, who have seen the haka vid, think that mex sounds like are retard?? Its like he's never commentated before!! Feel abit ashamed that he's from nz!! I usually enjoy his commentary but if he's like that during the hole game then il just have to turn commentary off. Was looking forward to his comments.
<

Yeah he sounds like he's reading the script for the first time, either that or he's telling a story to a bunch of five year olds.

It really isn't that bad, even Jonah's game had some extremely retarded moments in the commentary (the maternity ward comment for example), and I never switch that off. Mex just sounds a little bit like he's reading it through for the first time and they recorded that.
He's just saying what they've asked him to.

yea but he sounds like its his first time he's ever commentated. They should just let him do wat he does best!! Make an total idiot of himself!! SJRL had the best commentating ive ever heard. I think mario and sidhe just let them do what they do best. COMMENTATE!!

That haka bit sounded like a real game - he always says how he gets a tingle up his spine in real games too!

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 6 2005, 03:19 PM
It really isn't that bad, even Jonah's game had some extremely retarded moments in the commentary (the maternity ward comment for example), and I never switch that off.
Retarded?

Surely you mean genius.

Other than the cut & paste aspect, the commentary sounds okay this year. But why they can't get it totally right is beyond me.

Yes, JLR's commentry was very funny - something that R2005 has a lot of potential with Mexted on board. Unfortunately it sounds as if Mex is fully scripted, as opposed to being his usual self and making some odd, but funny comments and criticising the ref for every 3rd decision

Latest posts