• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Montpellier unveil signings for 2015/2016

while i disagree with the fact? they have more or less all left i think its the only way forward for the young players to gain experience in the Pro D2 thats where they have all gone and then they are ready for TOP 14 RUGBY, in a couple of seasons if you think about it how many under 22's get sufficent game time in the TOP 14 very few, a few years ago we sent Dargier to the Pro D2 first Auch then M DE M HE PLAYS NEARLY EVERY WEEK SAME WITH kEV GIMENO AT CARCASONNE, i have always said that we should have feeder clubs EG. Montpellier is the mother club and we loan our youinger players to Beziers, Narbonne, Carcasonne even USAP? THEN WHEN WE NEED THEM THEY COME BACK BUT THEY HAVE LIKE A MULTI LICENCE, where they can play for more than one club in a season, at least that way the younGsters are constantly playing rugby every week, it wont hapeen but i think its a great idea. sorry about the capitals but had a tough day and cant be bothered to change them.

et 2 de plus !!!!!!!!!! Pierre Spies and Francois Steyn add to the list of Sud Aff Montpellerians, those two are two excellent signings, looks like Africaans will be the order of the day next season!!!!!!!!!

Lots of Montpellier but not a single thread for Les Barrages....................bring back Big Ewis!!!

Ok Tony Stade Francaise wollop Racing Metro in the first 1/4 final in Paris 38-15......... and will play Toulon in the semi in Bordeaux.

Ok Tony Stade Francaise wollop Racing Metro in the first 1/4 final in Paris 38-15......... and will play Toulon in the semi in Bordeaux.

Yeah! Saw it and it could have been more!! Racing were awful!!

Toulouse are at home to Oyonnax in the other match today at 16.30 CET and on Sky!!

Last edited:
Also on Beinsport we have the Premiership final before the Toulouse v Oyonnax game and tomorrow the Bordeaux Begles v Gloucester barrage for the Champions Cup, limited work in the garden this weekend AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will have to explain to all our Sud Aff's and Aussies why we will be in the Tin or Stiffs Challenge Cup next season, not going to be easy.

Also on Beinsport we have the Premiership final...

Won't pay BT Sport for their rubbish content (other than their actual rugby match coverage which is the one and only exception) so seem to have lost interesst in the Aviva Premiership this season as the streaming option is rubbish.....

Also on Beinsport we have the Premiership final before the Toulouse v Oyonnax game and tomorrow the Bordeaux Begles v Gloucester barrage for the Champions Cup, limited work in the garden this weekend AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

was thinking the same today :lol:

Hard luck Oyonnax who lost to a poor (again) Toulouse side!!

Commentators saying Noves to be announced tomorrow as next French manager.....good for Toulouse but not necessarily for the national side!

Wither Oyonnax now with the loss of Christophe Urios and some of their best players to Castres?

Hopefully they find an equal as manager but not sure that is possible on their budget.

Meanwhile Toulouse move on with their third choice tight head having lost Census to suspension and the unwanted Tialata to a serious looking arm/shoulder injury! Good luck with that after being out done by Oyonnax in the scrum today!!

Olivier Azam and Stephane Glas are the new coachezs at Oyo............. good choices i think!!!!!!

Oyonnax did what Oyo does best but couldn't kill off the game they don't have that extra gear. They've had a fantastic season after their promotion.
Toulouse has been the best team of the return games, this is what journos say. The reality is we've been below par all season but still make the last four. But we've been able to raise our game v the big guys every time, ask Stade Francais and Toulon...

Noves is leaving and this won't help our case I feel. It'll take the wind (more like puff) out of our sails. Or, they'll give him a proper sending off and...

For me Christophe Urios has got to be the coach of the season. He's worked out nothing short of a miracle with his team. Why given his coaching ability is he going to Castres I'll never know...I think had the Board prepared for Noves exit he is the manager they should have gone for.

Oyonnax did what Oyo does best but couldn't kill off the game they don't have that extra gear. They've had a fantastic season after their promotion.
Toulouse has been the best team of the return games, this is what journos say. The reality is we've been below par all season but still make the last four. But we've been able to raise our game v the big guys every time, ask Stade Francais and Toulon...

Noves is leaving and this won't help our case I feel. It'll take the wind (more like puff) out of our sails. Or, they'll give him a proper sending off and...

For me Christophe Urios has got to be the coach of the season. He's worked out nothing short of a miracle with his team. Why given his coaching ability is he going to Castres I'll never know...I think had the Board prepared for Noves exit he is the manager they should have gone for.

Absolutely!!!

Toulouse finished stronger and just about deserved their win, Oyonnax had everything going for them but a stronger bench and able to play the full 80 mins saw Toulouse through to the semis, brilliant season by Oyo but without Urios and several key players, next season could be a very different story.

Haha! Doubt anyone will notice, Heineken, apart from you only three of us use the French thread regularly with some very welcome occasionals!!

How is Robert Ebersohn doing? I really rated him for the Cheetahs.

Latest posts