• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Most Amazing tries

S

Springbok

Hi, Guys!

I'm happy to report that I've just seen the most amazing trie!
The sad part is that the computer scored it!
<

I was playing against the brumbies and kicked the ball towards the touchline to get away from my 22...Mortlock (f***in bastart) then caught the ball close to the line and started a counter attack! I wasn't readdy for this cause he had no support and it never crossed myu mind that he will attack! he broke 2 tackles before I finally pull him down just outside my 22....Gregan feeds the ball fast and Larkam kicks a grubber, Rathbone charges through and kicks it ahead without picking it up...I try to get to the ball with my fullback but the ball is again kicked ahead! Gitau runs in and dots the ball down!

I couldn't believe what just happened!
I was ahead by 10 and now had to fight to win...with 7 minutes left on the clock!!!

Rathobone finished a great Brumbie set piece but I screwed up big time in defence and the brumbies took the game away from me in the last 10 minutes!!!

I totally dominated the first 70!!!

O'well!!!

I'll get them in the next Super 12!!!

<

I guess you where playing on hard mode right? Well let me tell you quickly

Last night i was playing Super 12 aswell Sharks vs Stormers.

Cool I lead 9 - 6 (it was raining thats why it was a low score game) with about 10 minutes to go.

I recieve the ball from the ruck and i pass it wide , Brent Russel my wing was steaming down the touchline when Gaffie du Toit tackled him into touch around the half line. Right linout. They win it and pass it wide , Breyton Paulse breaks my line and stiff arms my cover defence, he offloads to Werner Greef who i then tackled with my Fullback . Another ruck . Right . Ball goes to Gaffie du Toit dropkicks and scores 3 points. 9-9 is the score and 1 minute left . OK . I kick off ball is caught by Marius Joubert who punts it into my 22 . OK. Linout again. They win it , ball goes to Gaffie du Toit , i charge with Butch James but he already kick it , The ball goes flying flying flying , Right between the stics . Wistle blows - i loose 9-12.

Lesson learned -- WIN YOUR OWN F&CKING LINEOUTS

Whooah, that was a great try
<
.... man .... i can't wait to get this game ..... will have to pop in the Game shop tonight to see if its on sale tomorrow ....
<

Originally posted by Springbok@Mar 10 2005, 10:56 PM
Hi, Guys!

I'm happy to report that I've just seen the most amazing trie!
The sad part is that the computer scored it!
<

I was playing against the brumbies and kicked the ball towards the touchline to get away from my 22...Mortlock (f***in bastart) then caught the ball close to the line and started a counter attack! I wasn't readdy for this cause he had no support and it never crossed myu mind that he will attack! he broke 2 tackles before I finally pull him down just outside my 22....Gregan feeds the ball fast and Larkam kicks a grubber, Rathbone charges through and kicks it ahead without picking it up...I try to get to the ball with my fullback but the ball is again kicked ahead! Gitau runs in and dots the ball down!

I couldn't believe what just happened!
I was ahead by 10 and now had to fight to win...with 7 minutes left on the clock!!!

Rathobone finished a great Brumbie set piece but I screwed up big time in defence and the brumbies took the game away from me in the last 10 minutes!!!

I totally dominated the first 70!!!

O'well!!!

I'll get them in the next Super 12!!!

<
Damn, that would've been sweet to see.

Can you save replays?

God I hope so.

Some people say the tries on single player are a bit samey - what are your views? Any chance of some descriptions of some different tries on the singleplayer i.e with forwards, break away runs from the 22, grubber kicks, bombs!!

Cheers

A few times, I've broken away from between the tens with my scrum half, slipped between defending forwards, and beaten the FB for a try.

Works well off a ruck. Not so much off a scrum.

Originally posted by DAVIES@Mar 12 2005, 06:38 AM
A few times, I've broken away from between the tens with my scrum half, slipped between defending forwards, and beaten the FB for a try.

Works well off a ruck. Not so much off a scrum.
Cool - can you score quite a few different tries or are they quite samey?

Cheers

I score a lot of samey ones - a couple per match with Henson breaking the line and going on a run.

But I also manage to punch a few with my forwards.

I derive more joy from recycling.

Originally posted by DAVIES@Mar 12 2005, 06:45 AM
I score a lot of samey ones - a couple per match with Henson breaking the line and going on a run.

But I also manage to punch a few with my forwards.

I suppose thats the prob with single player - how about tries from grubber kicks, or length of the field tries from the 22? Last Q I promise!

No worries.

Nobody in Wales' lineup is fast enough to break one that long - especially since I mostly only bother playing against the top teams. By wingers get run down over that much distance.

As for grubbers, I haven't done it yet, but I haven't experimented too much, either.

Originally posted by DAVIES@Mar 12 2005, 06:52 AM
No worries.

Nobody in Wales' lineup is fast enough to break one that long - especially since I mostly only bother playing against the top teams. By wingers get run down over that much distance.

As for grubbers, I haven't done it yet, but I haven't experimented too much, either.
Cool, thanks for the info

Originally posted by DAVIES@Mar 12 2005, 06:45 AM
I am enjoying that aspect as well. Cutting back in or running up the middle for an immediate recycle. I think EA have hit the nail on the head regarding this.

In hindsight it certainly wasn't amazing, but it had me on my feet and jumping like a loon. Playing in the Super 12 as the Bulls (on Medium Diff), NSW opens the match kicking off to me and I make an immediate break, notice I have support, and off load as the their fullback comes up. It was so damn fast and I almost didn't realize I'd done it -- kinda like when watching a real match and something happens real quickly -- was a really good feeling. Right off the kick off, very fast score.

I've had almost the exact same Try right off the opening kick.

Charvis offloading to Henson.

Magical.

Davies, I guess you're from Wales, how come you've got the game already ? I live in Neath Port Talbot, doesn't seem to be out until the 18th March ? I don't have a PS2 so am looking to buy for x box and/or PC .
Cheers

Originally posted by GarVanNeath@Mar 12 2005, 09:45 AM
Davies, I guess you're from Wales, how come you've got the game already ? I live in Neath Port Talbot, doesn't seem to be out until the 18th March ? I don't have a PS2 so am looking to buy for x box and/or PC .
Cheers
I can answer that.
<

I asked him too, and in turns out he's in Toronto.

i was versing my brother when i was winning 21-19 and 2 minutes to go with me being australia and my brother being england(demo)

My defence was holding him out..........then......80 minutes was over he spread the ball out after using the set play move pivot...out to robinson i had three guys dive for robinson....when my brother dived for the corner... it was that try animation where he dives high right over my players he got the try f***ing awesome!!!!........but bad......i lost 26-21!

i just did this literally 10 seconds ago... reds vs. chiefs im the reds. full time, and im down 10-12. chiefs toss it out for the scrum and right as their going to kick it out of touch, elton flatley dives in and tackles him. chris latham picks it up and sprints for the line, dummies the wing, who doesnt fall for it! right before latham falls, he flicks it out to wendell sailor! sailor shoulder charges a chief and sprints for the corner, he's tackled on the five by two people but no wait he slides and its a beauuuuuutiful game winning try in the corner. I am god.
<

Me Scrum Half Takes it out at our own Ingoal after a knock on advantage agaisnt glasgow,me scrum half is about to get tackled so he opens it to Heffler(FH) Makes a run from about the 25 to their 22 and opens it before gettin tackled to O'Leary he runs and puts it downright under the posts!!TRY MUNSTER!!!AWESOME TRY

Evans(winger)Sidesteps Teviso(I think) defenders(two) the get smashed but before that opens it to Orene A'i dat runs to the oposition 22 and opens it to Nawali(playin CT) and give a couple of steps and he is about to get smashed by the otehr team number 11 so i open it to Evans dat got up from before and runs it in wide open tryyy!!!MUNSTER

Latest posts