Most emotional TV/Movie moments

Ragey Erasmus

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
What parts on TV or in a Movie have really moved you? For me it would be the following:

Blackadder Goes Forth - The finale to this brilliant series is so sad, it is amazing how a comedy could end in such a moving way.

All Quiet on the Western Front - The old one, there is a scene where the soldier is stuck in a crate with a French soldier he has stabbed but not killed. He hears the guy sobbing and moaning in pain and eventually cracks and tries to save his life. Pretty sad moment.

Schindlers List - The end of this is very very moving, especially considering the truth of the story.

The Green Mile - Quite a mix of emotions, plenty of anger at just about everything Percy does along with sadness at the execution.

The Iron Giant - Where he flies into the missile to save everyone.

Up - The end of the mini background intro is very moving.

Game of Thrones - THAT speech by Tyrion. Won't say more because spoilers.

The end of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is one of the few ones that generally gets to me.

Casablanca when they sing the anthem
Game of Thrones the 'Red wedding' episode
Angela Ashes when the twins die
Bride of Frankenstein at the end when she rejects the monster

Some of mine have already been mentioned but one that I remember is My Girl where Macauley Culkin's charachter is killed by bee sting. The Bridge to Teribithia and Love Actually also have moments where they get me.

Also the Futurama episode with Fry's dog and the end of "Motel California" in Teen Wolf.

Plenty of other moments I can't remember off the top of my head. I'm just a big softy really.

Willem Defoe running away from the Vietnamese in Platoon.
That
scene from Champ.
There's a scene from a 1973 movie called 'The Belstone Fox', haven't seen it in decades, but still remember choking up big time during it.
The end of Dollhouse
Pretty much down to the music in a lot of the most emotional moments. Willem Defoe running to the sounds of Adagio for Strings would not be as emotional if he was running to the Benny Hill theme.

wow. I've no clue what anybody's talking about !...when Neo becomes the One in the first part. Multiple parts in the LOTR film series, mostly end of film dialogs/speeches, or the end of 2 when Gandalf and his troops descend over the Urukais (and commit a genocide). The ending of Lost. Edward Scissor Hands, like, the whole thing. When Jeff Goldblum gets blown up by a shotgun as he's turned into a full-on fly in The Fly at the end (yeah I know doesn't exactly sound like a tearjerker put this way in retrospect..). Ehhhh...then there's this anime that had a monumental success in France, Saint Seiya, but I've never met an English-speaker who knew of it. Insane tearjerking in this one, dear Lord.

Last edited:

Latest posts