Mother Russia - my novel

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Hi everyone,

As a long time user of the site, many of you will know that I have spent the last four and a half years writing a novel. It has been a long term project that has become more and more difficult as time has gone on. However, I have risen above the onset of a severe mental illness and persisted with my writing, because it is something I believe in, and I am so proud to see my name and my book on Amazon.

After all this time, Mother Russia is available on Kindle. It wasn't what I had in mind when I got half way through, I wanted an agent and a publisher. But I was advised to take this route - self publish and use my successes to demonstrate that I have obtained good sales and take that to any agents or publishers that I want to.

So I'm basically here to beg - please, buy my book, which you can find here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mother-Russ...&qid=1440968185&sr=1-1&keywords=mother+russia

Any sales, help with promotion or word of mouth is extremely important to me and I'm really grateful for anything. Thanks for all your interest over the time I've been writing and my second book, set in the same near future with the same characters, is already well underway.

Oh wow. I'll have a look at that.
Always been a bit of a dream of my own to write a novel, but more in the fantasy genre.
Congratulations on finishing it.

Ugh, just noticed it's only available on Kindle.
Do you know if the Android 'Play Books' app can be used to read it?

Last edited:
Will buy after bank holiday have added to wish list as reminder for me.

Great to see someone write a novel and very impressive that it is 478 pages long.

The longest thing I wrote was 10 pages long and I hated it, so to write that many would drive me into a breakdown.

Will try and spread the word for you, best of luck.

One question:

What was the hardest thing to do during this process?

Oh wow. I'll have a look at that.
Always been a bit of a dream of my own to write a novel, but more in the fantasy genre.
Congratulations on finishing it.

Ugh, just noticed it's only available on Kindle.
Do you know if the Android 'Play Books' app can be used to read it?

Trust me, I wish i had it available in more formats. I just need it to start making money and getting me some recognition. You can still purchase the book by downloading the Amazon Kindle app but currently, that's the only format I have it on at the moment with huge amounts of regret. As much as I embrace the digital era, there's nothing like a good book.

Well done mate.

Thank you very much.

Will buy after bank holiday have added to wish list as reminder for me.

Great to see someone write a novel and very impressive that it is 478 pages long.

The longest thing I wrote was 10 pages long and I hated it, so to write that many would drive me into a breakdown.

Will try and spread the word for you, best of luck.

One question:

What was the hardest thing to do during this process?

Thank you very much.

I don't wish to come across as big headed, but writing is easy to me. I could write before I could speak and so descriptive writing became something I excelled at and I've always had a vivid imagination. Too vivid, sometimes. Writing a novel as bipolar disorder descended to consume me was very, very tough. And still not the hardest thing.

The hardest thing is now - how do I publish? I want to be in high street shops and doing book tours, I have no qualms with e-books but I want hard copies. I want it on my bookcase. I want signed copies going out. All that is hard to achieve in this day and age. I spent 12 months plus looking for agents and publishers before getting some advice - do it myself and go to them with a success story.

But "doing it myself" requires work in stuff I'm not comfortable with. I'll write you whatever you want. But sell myself? That's tough work for someone with confidence akin to an eggshell.

That's cool!

If you're going to write a sequel, I can advise you!

My uncle - retired KGB colonel, th year ago retired from the army.

But bear in mind, Russian must necessarily win!:cool:

[video]https://youtu.be/-Iu0pvZP-dM[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, this march Red Alert has written an American text very bad Russian, some sentences do not make sense ...:cool:

Thank you very much, I bet your uncle is a very interesting man.

Congrats! Have you considered print on demand for the time being?

I am hoping to save up to print ten copies off or so.

If you want, I can write in Russian publishing houses with a proposal to translate and print your book.

I doubt that Russia is in your novel looks not positive, but in Russia, almost all published books Russophobic world.

From the Marquis de Custine to Tom Clancy from Adolf Hitler to Zbigniew Brzezinski!

Publish even Edward Lucas "The New Cold War: How the Kremlin Menaces Both Russia and the news."

And he assured all that this book is not never in Russia will publish!

I not guarantee you that your book will publish in Russia, but I can try.

Money from me you do not.

Just Say "Putin - the dark lord" " 22-fold and three-fold jump.

:cool:

Last edited:
Listen, I do not mean to offend you.

If you want, I can try to offer your novel Russian publishers.

FREE!:cool:

Latest posts