3mb

Set play try by Howlett

6mb

Draw fullback and try

5mb

Hand off in midfield

4mb

NZ v Cardiff BTW

The last one shows how you can beat men one on one, with only a slight reduction in momentum (as you'd expect).

first time we've really seen major replays in action as well.........

Ah ha! CARdiff -- Doh!

Very cool vids, more akin to my style of play (try scoring *cough, cough*) Intelligent use of space and exploiting the gaps. I can only hope that it was on a decent difficulty and the tries 'felt' earned -- they certainly looked it.

That 4th one with the hand off/fend looks almost frightening, as if the guy broke his neck.

that camera view doesnt do the game any justice

the player new what he was doing tho

was the weather bad....coz is look a bit glim and dark

Sounds like Row-ko-coco 's famous mispro nunciation in 04 has been followed up by the Mor-ger in 05.

Vids look ok, but players dont get the ball running, and acceleration looks painfully slow, passing animations are bad beyond belief - do these things affect the way it plays?

-- Cardiff kits for the Euro fans --

rugby_fixtures.jpg

Originally posted by woodie@Feb 16 2005, 12:54 PM
Sounds like Row-ko-coco 's famous mispro nunciation in 04 has been followed up by the Mor-ger in 05.

Vids look ok, but players dont get the ball running, and acceleration looks painfully slow, passing animations are bad beyond belief - do these things affect the way it plays?
Are you watching the same vids as everybody else?
<

The first clip - shoulder charge/fend is from the very beginning of the game.

Howlett's try is at the very end.

In 'Howlett's Try,' you can see the mud detail brilliantly -- in the replay, though, if you throw the screen up at its biggest setting, you can kinda see some brown on the Cardiff kit.

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 16 2005, 01:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Feb 16 2005, 01:01 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woodie
@Feb 16 2005, 12:54 PM
Sounds like Row-ko-coco 's famous mispro nunciation in 04 has  been followed up by the Mor-ger in 05.

<
[/b]
I swear you work for EA

Woodie, your the only one that thinks its ****. So as per your thinking, we ALL WORK for EA :/

If its so crap, why download the video's then? You know what its like but you obviously wanna see more

Originally posted by woodie+Feb 16 2005, 01:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woodie @ Feb 16 2005, 01:05 PM)</div>
Originally posted by locksley@Feb 16 2005, 01:01 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-woodie
@Feb 16 2005, 12:54 PM
Sounds like Row-ko-coco 's famous mispro nunciation in 04 has  been followed up by the Mor-ger in 05.

<
I swear you work for EA [/b]
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....(deep breath)... ha ha ha ha ha hardy har har!
<
<

You are KIDDING me right!!!!! Why would I be working for EA? I'm sure my employers (EA according to your good self) are over the moon at me putting footage up here that's not meant to be shown!!!!

Seriously tho Woodie! Why be so negative all the time? What exactly is wrong with the passing in your opinion?

Sod the passing -- why are the Cardiff fans going apeshit everytime New Zealand score?!?!

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 16 2005, 01:11 PM
Sod the passing -- why are the Cardiff fans going apeshit everytime New Zealand score?!?!
They have never seen a try before?
<

Or . . . no one in the there was around when Cardiff beat the All Blacks in 1953.

Revenge is never pretty . . .

Best part about that 'drawing in the fullback' try is that after Tana gives the try scoring pass, the fullback hits him and falls off -- Tana still standing.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 16 2005, 01:30 PM
Or . . . no one in the there was around when Cardiff beat the All Blacks in 1953.

Revenge is never pretty . . .

Best part about that 'drawing in the fullback' try is that after Tana gives the try scoring pass, the fullback hits him and falls off -- Tana still standing.
Big Tana

We like to refer to him by "Tanapace"........or "Tanapower"

a tonne of pace, and a tonne of power!!!

One problem I see with these fends are how much it slows the runners down.

In hand_off_slo_mo when the guy misses the tackle, the players slows down so much that he is caught byb the rest of the team. Looking at it, it really looks like he should have handed him off without slowing down, a bit like Brian O'Driscoll does very well.

That would be a proper miss-tackle and would lead to line breaks.

The gap for the outside centre looks a bit worrying in terms of AI. The defensive outside centre and winger run away from the ball carrier even though he is plainly through on goal (?), with only one player to mark between the two of them.

Somebody, please could you let me know if it is possible to fend off without slowing down so much.

And please don't say I'm just moaning about this game - there are some really good points about it.

Latest posts