• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Move movies - Great tries!

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 18 2005, 11:43 PM
Man, I wish I was dumb enough to get tricked into a stupid argument about player names. I think maybe I'll leave it to people with four characters in their handle.
!

What's wrong with 4 characters in usernames? The founder of this site only has three!

Originally posted by JJ-+Feb 19 2005, 10:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Feb 19 2005, 10:42 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@Feb 18 2005, 11:43 PM
Man, I wish I was dumb enough to get tricked into a stupid argument about player names. I think maybe I'll leave it to people with four characters in their handle.
!

What's wrong with 4 characters in usernames? The founder of this site only has three! [/b]
Yes CA, why be so judgemental all the time?

Umosay, I am only joking! I mean I was laughing when I read that comedic piece of writing about T-queer-i, by AK47.
I mean he must have been joking too. Did you read it? It was such a crazy thing for him to get caught up in a discussion with Los Lover over.
I mean if they can say that kind of off topic B.S. for fun, why can't I.
I'm not criticising them, it was fun to read.
You just had me on the other day about taking a sentence or two the wrong way in another thread, and your right, let's not.

Ok, was quite hard to tell you were joking though
<
Peace

Yeah, posts can easily be misconstrued. As much as I hate smilies, they can show that something was written lighthearted.

I'm not saying use them, or anything, unless you want -- but the general rule should be: we're here for the same reason - Rugby. So nothing should be taken personally.

Until Dom and Co. open the TRF Personals thread where you all can hate each other.

Good point Captain America. Well made, too. I'll use those more often.
Cheers
<
<

Sorry -not trying to trick ak47 into argument or anything, although was off topic toally!

I think Tuqiri (or whatever) looks quite cool in the game as does Sailor.

Is it just me though? Or has there been a reluctance in the game vids, especially the side on ones, to skoot close to touch? I reckon it's been on a few times to be honest!!

Nice to see it's harder to do though.

ummmm, i dont wanna be too negative about this game, but in all the videos i've been watching theres a real problem with the AI defence.

for example in the drawing fullback and try video, as with the other videos, theres a huge hole in the defence just outside the outside centre spot, it seems to be there everytime, the defence as with 2004 tends to drift wide, but then outside the hole are two players who continue to drift to the touch line....wasn't the smartest plan really, cos if the two wide defenders had come in they'd stopped the try, or at least forced another phase.....just a thought, that it seems a little to easy to hit that gap and just have to beat the fullback, myb with a better standard of team that would be different, and defence would organise better......

anyway with that said, i cant wait for this game, looks like we're finally gonna get the same treatment football fans get, shame only top 100 players have got their faces mapped.....still lets hope this sets the trend for a yearly update.....

Originally posted by <GN>-@Feb 19 2005, 11:55 PM
ummmm, i dont wanna be too negative about this game, but in all the videos i've been watching theres a real problem with the AI defence.

for example in the drawing fullback and try video, as with the other videos, theres a huge hole in the defence just outside the outside centre spot, it seems to be there everytime, the defence as with 2004 tends to drift wide, but then outside the hole are two players who continue to drift to the touch line....wasn't the smartest plan really, cos if the two wide defenders had come in they'd stopped the try, or at least forced another phase.....just a thought, that it seems a little to easy to hit that gap and just have to beat the fullback, myb with a better standard of team that would be different, and defence would organise better......

anyway with that said, i cant wait for this game, looks like we're finally gonna get the same treatment football fans get, shame only top 100 players have got their faces mapped.....still lets hope this sets the trend for a yearly update.....
I see your point dude but it is the All Blacks versus Cardiff - there are bound to be more gaps in the Cardiff defence.

If you watch the blues V Chiefs video there are precious few gaps for the player accept at the end of the match, when fatigue kicks in..

Also read Lockseys reviews and he says that it is very hard to break the line esp in classic view.

I think the AI defence on the whole looks very solid. I was actually a bit worried it might be too good, with not enough gaps.

I think AI is just fine, still several years before AI is good enough to do totally unexpected things.
Lets just be thankful that it seems so much better.

Originally posted by <GN>-@Feb 20 2005, 12:55 AM

I've seen the exact same thing several times.

The centre (13) and wing go far too wide, leaving a gap between 12&13 that looks too easy to get through.

Originally posted by JJ-+Feb 20 2005, 09:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Feb 20 2005, 09:52 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--<GN>-
@Feb 20 2005, 12:55 AM

I've seen the exact same thing several times.

The centre (13) and wing go far too wide, leaving a gap between 12&13 that looks too easy to get through. [/b]
The defence definitely drifts wide but there not always a gap - when there is its ususally because of men committed in the ruck.

even when I have seen a gap the full back is always covering and the winger and number 13 come across again pretty quick.

Latest posts