• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

movies

ACT v Crusaders have got the kickass Tri-Nations logo on the pitch, and for those of you who love it, it's played using the . . . sideview?

It looks good though. The first is a replay of an Australian try against Argentina.

yeah that aus v urguay is an basically an entire match very good to watch. Nice find there rideau and Jeresy Devil. EA is the sponsor for the month at that site so no wonder it says it is so good and maybe why they got so much footage of the game

Yeah, some very nice vids..........

Almost felt sorry for Uraguay in the end after they defended that lead the whole game.........

The Aus v Uru match is good stuff ...

... tho could someone clarify something for me ...

Around the 65th minute, a penalty is given to Uruguay inside their own 22 (its from an Australia lineout - did they take too long?)... Uruguay kick the penalty to touch and it goes out near their 10m line - how come Australia have control of the lineout then?
Am I missing something here? If not, its a little disappointing tho I've not seen it happen in any of the other videos

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 25 2005, 07:33 AM
The Aus v Uru match is good stuff ...

... tho could someone clarify something for me ...

Around the 65th minute, a penalty is given to Uruguay inside their own 22 (its from an Australia lineout - did they take too long?)... Uruguay kick the penalty to touch and it goes out near their 10m line - how come Australia have control of the lineout then?
Am I missing something here? If not, its a little disappointing tho I've not seen it happen in any of the other videos
If you listen to the commentary during that incident you'll hear him clearly say that it is a free kick, not a penalty, thus the opposition get the throw in to the lineout........

A free kick would be given for failure to throw the ball in quick enough/ baulking..........I was pretty pleased to see that in the game.

cheers NZL ... I don't have sound at the minute for the video's, so I had to wonder if it was a penalty or not?

... had thought it a bit strange to see all the other penalties in the videos, when kicked to touch the lineout control was retained by the kicking team

as you say.... it is pleasing to see that differentiation in the game!

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 25 2005, 07:44 AM
cheers NZL ... I don't have sound at the minute for the video's, so I had to wonder if it was a penalty or not?
Dude, you ain't got sound? Ah man, you are in for a surprise. Throughout the game, I heard Ian Robertson saying, "Wow, tremedous play, we haven't seen this kind of rugby acrobatics since Raziel Eire!"

Swear to god.

Still looks odd when they make breaks, the whole team runs for the player with the ball and THEN when they get to the ruck they spread out... not to mention they chase so closely that it makes it hard to pop a pass to the winger to run clear... thats why so many breaks are stopped at the fullback because their is no way of passing it to your support as their is severe traffic jams.

All looks a but helter skelter, the forwards should be much slower and not move like backs.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 25 2005, 07:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 25 2005, 07:49 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Feb 25 2005, 07:44 AM
Dude, you ain't got sound? Ah man, you are in for a surprise. Throughout the game, I heard Ian Robertson saying, "Wow, tremedous play, we haven't seen this kind of rugby acrobatics since Raziel Eire!"

Swear to god. [/b]
nah ... I've had sound for all the rest of the video's

I've just lent the speakers to my younger bro for the weekend - I wasn't expecting to get any new video's before the demo's release on monday, so I wasn't really gonna need it 'til then... I was wrong!

By the way - is it really the 4th of March next week (Friday) ? a week to go for PC and Xbox owners here... 14 days for the PS2 (boooo, hissss!)

I've developed a plan... I'm gonna get the game for the Xbox next week, play it for 7 days then get a full refund (using GAME's 10 day return policy) and then buy the PS2 game on the 11th...
<
muhahahah (evil laugh)

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 25 2005, 07:52 AM
Still looks odd when they make breaks, the whole team runs for the player with the ball and THEN when they get to the ruck they spread out... not to mention they chase so closely that it makes it hard to pop a pass to the winger to run clear... thats why so many breaks are stopped at the fullback because their is no way of passing it to your support as their is severe traffic jams.

All looks a but helter skelter, the forwards should be much slower and not move like backs.
I don't know. I was watching for that again, and with the exception of the players kinda near the ball, the others either take slow angles in (which is fairly natural) or stay out a bit). It's not bugging me so much and it ain't as bad as it was in 2**4 for sure.

Latest posts