Moving: My Nomadic Life

ORothlain

Official Plastic Paddy
TRF Legend
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Ulster
Just letting you guys know I'm moving again. I'm Leaving the Dallas-Fort Worth area of Texas and heading out West to Phoenix, Arizona.

<IFRAME height=300 marginHeight=0 src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=W+Royal+Ln&daddr=35.48737,-97.5109+to:35.19374,-111.63428+to:S+Price+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FcQM9gEdUjA4-g%3BFYp-HQIdDBow-ilfruQLRxeyhzHrjL9hBWOaLA%3BFYwDGQIdmJhY-Sm3yW-bF48thzEiJZt_coO-hA%3BFcrf_QEdGapU-Q&gl=us&mra=mrv&mrcr=0&via=1,2&sll=33.408517,-111.833096&sspn=0.114924,0.174236&ie=UTF8&ll=34.379713,-104.150391&spn=21.690897,26.367188&z=4&output=embed" frameBorder=0 width=300 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no></IFRAME>
<SMALL>View Larger Map</SMALL>

So, I will embark my journey across the deserts of America this upcoming week. Very excited about the move. If any of you find yourself in Phoenix, AZ, holla at me!
3000px-Downtown_PHX_Panorama.jpg

Last edited:
Exciting! What sort of rugby is there in Phoenix, Nate?

Exciting! What sort of rugby is there in Phoenix, Nate?

http://www.arizonarugbyunion.com/

Actually there are a lot of clubs in the Phoenix Merto area. I'll be living in Tempe, a central suburb, and have talked with the club Tempe Old Devils: http://www.temperugby.com/
I'm looking to get back in it as this past year I've sat out due to my work schedule, etc... So, I've got to kick up the old cardio and get my fitness back up.

Tempe, hey? So you'll be going to watch a few Arizona State games then? ;)

Good luck with the move, hope it goes without a hitch

I always forget how ridiculously huge the USA is, you moving what looks like a short hop a couple of states over, is the equivalent of me moving to Barcelona or Prague

Tempe, hey? So you'll be going to watch a few Arizona State games then? ;)
Our appartment is only 3.2 miles from Campus and the stadium. Don't know if I'll go or not, but I'll definitely enjoy the campus atmosphere...Woot Woot!

Good luck in Phoenix mate. That's only a few hours drive from Vegas. WOOOOOOO!!!!
Yes, not far from Vegas, San Diego or Puerta Penasco (Mexican Beach). One of the reasons we went with it.

Good luck with the move, hope it goes without a hitch

I always forget how ridiculously huge the USA is, you moving what looks like a short hop a couple of states over, is the equivalent of me moving to Barcelona or Prague
The USofA is so massive...it's retarded. What most people don't realize is how quickly you can go from civilization to no mans land...especially going trhought the texas panhandle, new mexico and into arizona. There is absolutely nothing out there. You risk attacks from the Sand People from Star Wars while en route. LOL.

Remember flying from Honolulu to Heathrow and we flew straight over America ... and yea you can go from an industrial / urban area to baron land. Amazing!

Remember flying from Honolulu to Heathrow and we flew straight over America ... and yea you can go from an industrial / urban area to baron land. Amazing!
Like you have to sort of map out your route to ensure you don't run out of fuel and stuff...It's Like an expedition. I'll be driving a 16' moving truck and towing a car whie my two dogs ride shotgun. Planning on doing the drive in one day, so fingers crossed.

Like you have to sort of map out your route to ensure you don't run out of fuel and stuff...It's Like an expedition. I'll be driving a 16' moving truck and towing a car whie my two dogs ride shotgun. Planning on doing the drive in one day, so fingers crossed.

How long will that take?

I'm leaving Dallas and driving to Oklahoma City (where I'm orginally from and where my parents are) which is 3.5hrs. I'm staying there for two days. The drive from there to Phoenix should take 17 hrs...probably a bit longer with making a few pit stops. So I'm figuring 19hrs if everything goes smoothly.

Our appartment is only 3.2 miles from Campus and the stadium. Don't know if I'll go or not, but I'll definitely enjoy the campus atmosphere...Woot Woot!

Yes, not far from Vegas, San Diego or Puerta Penasco (Mexican Beach). One of the reasons we went with it.

The USofA is so massive...it's retarded. What most people don't realize is how quickly you can go from civilization to no mans land...especially going trhought the texas panhandle, new mexico and into arizona. There is absolutely nothing out there. You risk attacks from the Sand People from Star Wars while en route. LOL.

Good luck ... it looks nice and warm down there ... as i'm about to experience my first Canadian winter in a few months, i'm jealous :)

... to continue your Star Wars theme, i'm considering having myself frozen in carbonite, ala Hans Solo, and defrosted later when (or if) it gets warmer :D

Good luck ... it looks nice and warm down there ... as i'm about to experience my first Canadian winter in a few months, i'm jealous :)

... to continue your Star Wars theme, i'm considering having myself frozen in carbonite, ala Hans Solo, and defrosted later when (or if) it gets warmer :D
Yeah, warm is an understatement...my wife has been living there for 2 months now...she says I need to prepare myself. I mean, I've been to Phoenix several times, I'm not unfamiliar with it, but I guess it's easy to get dehydrated there.
Frozen Carbonyte, LOL. So you moved to Canadia from Kiwiland?

Yeah, warm is an understatement...my wife has been living there for 2 months now...she says I need to prepare myself. I mean, I've been to Phoenix several times, I'm not unfamiliar with it, but I guess it's easy to get dehydrated there.
Frozen Carbonyte, LOL. So you moved to Canadia from Kiwiland?

Yep, I kinda did ... I moved from NZ to Sydney (7 years there) ... and now am in sunny, tropical, Edmonton :D

... It's fair to say that some of my Canadian friends are having a it of a laugh at my expense, at the prospect of me enjoying -40 degree temperatures ... which is only fair, as I was giving them a bit of stick about the "heat wave" that we had over summer :D

Hehe, I was working outside with a guy recently, when we saw some geese flying south ... he immediately start swearing at them, and telling them to turn around and fly north again!

I'm sure Phoenix will be very nice, particularly in winter ... i'll be interested to get some updates on how the Rugby etc is going for you once you get settled in

Bloody hell, i thought driving a truck full of bouncy castles 2.5hours from Manchester was long :lol:

LOL, if you take the kids out of the bouncy castles before you leave, the trip won't seem nearly so long :D

I know very little about Arizona, save this:

winslowstatue.jpg

I dunno if it be on your way, but if you get the chance, take a bloody pic there!

Good luck to you budy.

19 hours driving a truck....****....no sleep at all then ? sounds horrific what are you workig at out there ?

chez lounge ...bill bryson ??

Last edited:
Pheonix, the most out of place city to have an Ice Hockey team.

Latest posts