• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Muliaina future of ABs rugby at centre?

M

Mehrtsisagod

Is Mils Muliaina the future of All Blacks rugby at centre, or is his selection a stop gap measure? The selectors continue to scramble around finding a replacement for Tana Umaga.

Coach Graham Henry says Muliaina simply needed to be in the All Blacks starting 15, along with Leon MacDonald.

Henry says the midfield was the obvious position to use Muliaina.

He says they feel Muliaina is a class player who simply needed to be in the team.

Graham Henry says he really got to know the ability of Muliaina in the midfield during 2003 at the Blues.

In fact Muliaina has made more than 20 appearances at centre in either the Super 14 or NPC, including playoff games in 02, 03 and last year.

Meanwhile, 46-test veteran Ben Tune is making a comeback to the Wallabies after four years in the international wilderness.

Tune is back on the bench for Saturday, with the Wallabies arriving in Christchurch this afternoon.

courtesy of nzcity

Just thought it was an interesting article and to see Ben Tune back after such a long layoff is a surprise too.

Arghh wont let me edit the thread ***le either. Damn you nzcity and your nuts spelling.

That will teach me not to spellcheck. :bravo:

i reckon conrad smith at centre, when he is healthy again (he seems to have been out for a long time with that broken leg) i rate him

Originally posted by neck@Jul 6 2006, 09:52 PM
i reckon conrad smith at centre, when he is healthy again (he seems to have been out for a long time with that broken leg) i rate him
So do I actually he has everything a modern day centre needs shame he got injured i thnks mills will be a good stop gap though

Latest posts