• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Edinburgh, Friday February 18

Snoop agree Edinburgh weren't great but that scrummaging display will lift confidence.
It was good to see Duncan get nice amount of time but he still has bit to learn but overall a good night as in I know we didn't get the BP but it was good in areas we wanted to perform

I agree with that. While far from a perfect performance it moves Munster closer to a guaranteed top 4 finish. That will allow for more experimentation in team selection. O'Donnell is putting his hand up for selection now while Nagle, Butler, O'Mahony, Zebo and Deasy will get chances soon enough.

I actually thought Williams was poor when he came on but the experience will stand to him.

I agree but I think Deasy has had too much chances and just isn't up to it. Nagle will benefit from being involved alot more. Butler and O'Mahony will get some bench time and see some minutes but will just improve from being around the squad. Zebo is also a player I'm liking and if we can get his agression up a bit he can be a huge asset for us. His height and size is a good weapon if he learns to use it but he is still a bit timid under high balls and chasing kicks but will improve the more he gets to know the lads and be involved in the squad.

I also think the next few weeks are important to get Horan up to speed, O'Donnell and Holland have a sniff of starting spots and seem hungry and up for challenge, Quinny will be useful too when he returns in next 2/3 weeks.

I agree but I think Deasy has had too much chances and just isn't up to it. Nagle will benefit from being involved alot more. Butler and O'Mahony will get some bench time and see some minutes but will just improve from being around the squad. Zebo is also a player I'm liking and if we can get his agression up a bit he can be a huge asset for us. His height and size is a good weapon if he learns to use it but he is still a bit timid under high balls and chasing kicks but will improve the more he gets to know the lads and be involved in the squad.

I also think the next few weeks are important to get Horan up to speed, O'Donnell and Holland have a sniff of starting spots and seem hungry and up for challenge, Quinny will be useful too when he returns in next 2/3 weeks.

Deasy has been played at fullback which is not his best position. I think he could offer something different at 10 or 12.

Any news when POM is coming back?

Latest posts