• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Sale

O'Gara played well and his defence was something which impressed me, some big hits put in which was surprising to see, his distribution was superb but definitely needs to work on the goal kicking.

Still though Sale were woeful and gifted so much to Munster.

Hugely impressed with Wallace today but again it was his ball carrying that was impressive so he should be playing at no.8 for me.

Delighted with the performance. Though I disagree with An Tarbh's compliments for O'Gara's defence, I saw him bounced off at least two tackles. Other than that I have no major critcisms except perhaps discipline being an issue again but it is improving.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 17 2009, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sale spend the whole evening using defensive tactics. Munster spend the whole evening sealing in rucks and kicking it away.

Expect the most boring game of rugby since Wasps last visited Sixways.[/b]
My god, it's like you have some kind of crystal ball ... crushed and stuffed up your ass.

Munster marching on. WTF is with the lineout?

And thanks to The Bull for this thread - why don't you just sit in front of the TV like lesser mortals and eat your beer?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jan 17 2009, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 17 2009, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sale spend the whole evening using defensive tactics. Munster spend the whole evening sealing in rucks and kicking it away.

Expect the most boring game of rugby since Wasps last visited Sixways.[/b]
My god, it's like you have some kind of crystal ball ... crushed and stuffed up your ass.

Munster marching on. WTF is with the lineout?

And thanks to The Bull for this thread - why don't you just sit in front of the TV like lesser mortals and eat your beer?
[/b][/quote]

I think I can safely say you were a bit tipsy writing that !

however munster did play well.. and although O'Gara's goal kicking was off, his distribution was excellent.. and the rest of his kicking was good..

but it really was O'Connell and Wallace who stole the show

O'Connell second row and Wallace 8 for the lions I think

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Jan 17 2009, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
O'Connell second row for the lions I think[/b]

Agree and I'd also pick his partner in crime O'Callaghan who worked his ass off as well. When those two go hunting the man with the ball then he's in serious trouble!

you know what I'd agree with you.. Cally is the guy who does so much hard work that it's harder to notice..

for me anyway.. I had to really get to understand the game to understand how good a player he is

At least it makes me one step closer to you Shtove. However instead of a crushed crystal ball, I hear you keep your head roughly arond the same region of your own person.

After watching the recording:
Peel, McAlister and Roberts were our best players (two Welsh - wootz!) and I can safely say that Hodgson's balls up was the turning point. We were in it at 19 - 14 down, then after that, our confidence disappeared with Hodgson's credibility and we conceded two more tries that we wouldn't have if we were still in the same mind-set after Charlie's try. Though to be honest, I think we only played an inklin what we should have done for a minute in the whole match. Sale were diabolical, and I hope this doesn't rub off onto Premiership form.
Munster destroyed us at the breakdown, and Wigglesworth was terribly slow in getting the ball out. ROG was reasonable enough, though he didn't create much if anything. Mafi and Earls were pretty poor - mind set on containing the bulky opposite centres no doubt. O'Connell and Wallace: I hate them both! :cryy:
Saying that, I'd have them both in my Lions XV based on HC form.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 17 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Peel, McAlister and Roberts were our best players (two Welsh - wootz!) and I can safely say that Hodgson's balls up was the turning point. We were in it at 19 - 14 down, then after that, our confidence disappeared with Hodgson's credibility and we conceded two more tries that we wouldn't have if we were still in the same mind-set after Charlie's try. Though to be honest, I think we only played an inklin what we should have done for a minute in the whole match. Sale were diabolical, and I hope this doesn't rub off onto Premiership form.
Munster destroyed us at the breakdown, and Wigglesworth was terribly slow in getting the ball out. ROG was reasonable enough, though he didn't create much if anything. Mafi and Earls were pretty poor - mind set on containing the bulky opposite centres no doubt. O'Connell and Wallace: I hate them both! :cryy:
Saying that, I'd have them both in my Lions XV based on HC form.[/b]

O'Connell and wallace are two of the best players in the world;)... and thats not an irish bias

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 17 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

he created at least 2 tries but that's nothing I suppose

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 18 2009, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 17 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he created at least 2 tries but that's nothing I suppose
[/b][/quote]

actually i forgot to mention that..I thought O'Gara was excellent. except for place kicking but every other facet of his game was top quality

One was down to Sale switching off and the other down to Hodgson's shiteness - if I remember correctly.
Munster as a whole were very good, but ROG didn't really threaten much.

ahh but theres so much more to a fly half then that.. he controlled the game and passed very very well.. and I think he did look dangerous.. often or not ROG doesn't actually "assist" in the try but instead gets the back line moving which he did brilliantly last night.. and also his crossfield kicking is among the best I've seen//ever?

Can't really comment on his passing, but I'll agree that his tactical kicking was good.

O'Gara's problem is goalkicking inconsistency and general inconsistency for ireland.. but on his day still at 31 he's one of the best on the planet.. on his day.. but give me carter or Hernandez ahead of him anyday for consistency

Latest posts