Munster v Treviso

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Munster.png
V
Treviso.png
</div>

Munster have suffered another blow on the eve of their match against Treviso, Jerry Flannery has been ruled out for 4 weeks after injuring his calf muscle in training. The lineout was taken to pieces at the RDS but improved significantly against Saints. Big pressure on Fogarty now. It also gives Declan Kidney a serious headache ahead of the Autumn Internationals, with Rory Best already ruled out for the season.

Treviso may travel with confidence having finally gotten a win against Perpignan but you'd think this is a step too far despite Munster being below par this season.

I'd still expect Munster to get the bonus point victory.

I didn't see the Perpignan Treviso match so i don't know whether perp lost through treviso being significantly better, or just by perpignan playing shite,
Either way, i can't see them beating Munster, but i wouldn't have expected them to beat perpignan either

Munster to win with a BP though

Munster need a Bonus point win but have to be careful not to go chasing it as that could be dangerous

Saw some highlights round a friends. Apparently it was a combination of Treviso's forwards battling Perpignan to a standstill and Perpignan being crap.

To be brutally honest, if Munster don't get a bonus point out of this and Saints beat the Perps AND get a bonus point win against Treviso then I think Munster will be in serious danger of having an ACC semi final date with Saracens ;)

Lot's of Ifs, but IF Munster fail to make it out of the pool for the first time since 1998, there will be no Richard Hill to save your blushes Prestwick ;)

Don't worry, we've got plenty more where he came from :p

And lets face it, if Leinster can beat you twice in a year I'm sure Saracens can as well...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 15 2009, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

And lets face it, if Leinster can beat you twice in a year I'm sure Saracens can as well...[/b]
Let not forget Munster beat Leinster twice and they failed to score in ML against us so that how quick things change.
As for Saracens (lost against an average Toulon team) ... I think they may even struggle to make the ACC semi-final B)

Back to Saturday, I wonder how Fogarty will be, hope he goes as well as he can.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 16 2009, 06:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

And lets face it, if Leinster can beat you twice in a year I'm sure Saracens can as well...[/b]
Where the f*** did you get that avatar? And how do you load it?

Only 1 change for Munster with Fogarty in for Flannery, not surprised that McGahan has stuck with Mafi in the centre but still think he should have given Earls a crack.

Munster: 15. Paul Warwick, 14. Doug Howlett, 13. Lifeimi Mafi, 12. Jean de Villiers, 11. Keith Earls, 10. Ronan O'Gara, 9. Tomas O'Leary, 1. Marcus Horan, 2. Denis Fogarty, 3. Tony Buckley, 4. Donncha O'Callaghan, 5. Paul O'Connell, 6. Alan Quinlan, 7. David Wallace, 8. Denis Leamy

Replacements: 16. Damien Varley, 17. Julien Brugnaut, 18. Darragh Hurley, 19. Mick O'Driscoll, 20. Niall Ronan, 21. Peter Stringer, 22. Denis Hurley, 23. Ian Dowling

Treviso: 15. Luke McLean, 14. Brendan Williams, 13. Alberto Sgarbi, 12. Gonzalo Garcia, 11. Andrew Vilk, 10. Marius Goosen, 9. Fabio Semenzato, 1. Michele Rizzo, 2. Leonardo Ghiraldini, 3. Ignacio Fernandez Rouyet, 4. Antonio Pavanello, 5. Cornelius van Zyl, 6. Benjamin Vermaak , 7. Alessandro Zanni, 8. Dion Kingi

Replacements: 16. Diego Vidal, 17. Augusto Allori, 18. Pedro di Santo, 19. Enrico Pavanello, 20. Robert Barbieri, 21. Marco Filippucci, 22. Tobias Botes, 23. Fraser Waters,

McGahan obviously subscribes to the theory that our problem is lack of gametime for our key players, and I agree with him. Get the team playing together for a few weeks and things will pick up, how many players were making their first starts of the season against Northampton and Leinster? Too many.

Surprised to recognise so many names in the Treviso team, plenty of Internationals, won't be as easy as some expect, still think we should get the BP.

Oh and here we go, the moment the road warriors start to flop and everyone vanishes!!!

Munster 0 - Treviso 5

Good start by the plucky Italians but can they hold on for the next..er...*checks watch* 70 minutes?!

EDIT: Munster 0 - Treviso 10

Uh oh...

Aw..

Munster 7 - Treviso 10 :(

EDIT: Don't worry, another Munster try and the entire nation of Ireland will be on here talking about how awesome Munster are and how they never doubted them in the slightest and the reason why nobody was even posting for the last 15 minutes was because everyone was collectively stuck in traffic whilst picking up the milk...

12 - 10 to Munster.

Braaaace y'self Mite! Iiiiinnjuuuuuuuunnnns on the horizon!!!

Incoming part-time Munster fans inbound!

O'Gara nearly screwed that try up with an awful kick, but Dowling by some miracle managed to save that.

Nah Munster suck, personnaly I'm not a fan. No doubt they'll manage to bollock their way out of this group though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 17 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Aw..

Munster 7 - Treviso 10 :(

EDIT: Don't worry, another Munster try and the entire nation of Ireland will be on here talking about how awesome Munster are and how they never doubted them in the slightest and the reason why nobody was even posting for the last 15 minutes was because everyone was collectively stuck in traffic whilst picking up the milk...[/b]

I'm bloody doubting them.
Feel free to Quote me on that.

Though the TMO is a compelete ***.

Latest posts