• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Treviso

"Quinlan and Fogarty piledriving him from behind..."

unfortunate choice of words by the commentator there.

The floodgates have opened sadly. Maybe Treviso can kick their way to a losing BP?

Bonus Point, So F the Begrudgers.

Hope Varley makes his mark here. I think he's a better player than Fogs.

EDIT: actually, the best thing about this match is, that by the end of the day we should be able to confirm Seton as Ireland's starting 10.

ROG butchers his own break by making the wrong pass but de Villiers gets a deserved try.

I know I've said this about a million times during my lifetime, but it needs regular repeating just so everyone in the world is aware;
Ronan O'Gara is f***ing ****.

"he's a very mentally tough player"

Paddy Wallace on Ronan O'Gara.

Need to drop Mafi very badly, he's been rubbish at second centre and is butchering many overlaps in each match.

Put Hurley or Downling on the wing and throw Earls into second centre.

Nah, Mafi did well today, He tries to straighten when we are running cross field so we don't get forced into touch, hardly butchering overlaps.

Munster looked most threatening today when Warwick was coming in at first receiver running the show, wouldn't it be great if we could play him at 10?

Buckley had a good game too :cheers:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Oct 18 2009, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Need to drop Mafi very badly, he's been rubbish at second centre and is butchering many overlaps in each match.

Put Hurley or Downling on the wing and throw Earls into second centre.[/b]
Disagree. Centre partnership is a weakness because it's not providing options, but must give it time.

Drop Howlett. Should have taken an early try, and missed first up tackles that forced him to cover back and screw up his hamstring.

Perpig will feast on Munster's scrum, even with the first choice back. Treviso's first try was classic exploitation of that weakness. Surprised that Horan's withdrawal was the thing that steadied it up - would have thought Buckley. Any views?

Second half defence from Treviso was a farce. Williams at 14 is a very tricky attacker, but he doesn't know how to defend his wing.

Warwick was best player on the pitch by a mile.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Oct 17 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Oct 18 2009, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Put Hurley or Downling on the wing and throw Earls into second centre.[/b]
Disagree. Centre partnership is a weakness because it's not providing options, but must give it time.

Drop Howlett. Should have taken an early try, and missed first up tackles that forced him to cover back and screw up his hamstring.

Perpig will feast on Munster's scrum, even with the first choice back. Treviso's first try was classic exploitation of that weakness. Surprised that Horan's withdrawal was the thing that steadied it up - would have thought Buckley. Any views?

Second half defence from Treviso was a farce. Williams at 14 is a very tricky attacker, but he doesn't know how to defend his wing.

Warwick was best player on the pitch by a mile.
[/b][/quote]

Fine, I'll give it one more match but even last year when Earls played a match at first centre and Mafi at second centre there was at least three 'tries to be' that weren't because Mafi insists on going on his own.

The only good thing he did today (in attack) was not in second centre position but when he collected the ball in open play and made a counter.

Howlett pulled the hamstring before he missed that tackle, but I said it last year anyway that he's lost a bit of confidence and maybe he should be dropped.

Tomas still doesn't looked as sharp as he did at the end of last year but he was far better than he was last week. Earls looked good when he got the ball. Which was nice.

I thought Mafi had a good game; and yes Munster's backs looked most dangerous when Warwick was at first receiver! Shocker.

Lads just back from game. Where do I start about the game..... We covered the cracks with paper.
Here my views on game.
-Warwick should be 1st choice kicker as he strikes it much more sweeter than ROG out of Hand and Penalties (Not based solely on today)
- Always said Dowling should be a starter and was proven today. Dougie under pressure as Hurley also did well in cameo.
- Quinlan is still class act at 6 :D
- DOC had great game but Paulie was very poor today.
- A blesseing in disguise when Julien Brugnaut arrived as he made scrum (that was in trouble) solid.
- Personally I thought Mafi played well today just has to learn how to pass outside but JDV was the problem today. (Still think it deserve bit more time)

ROG was desperate today though and near the end he should've ran straight but cut inside .... WHY :rolleyes:
Team looks bit burnt out and jaded too but we were lucky it was Treviso today (who had no kicker) as had it been Perpignan we could've been in trouble.
Still got win and BP so we in great position now to push on and hopefully, like Leinster last year, we'll begin to peak towards the end of season and are still in contention.

Latest posts