• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My 6 Nations

i am also playing 6nations at the moment and having heaps of fun and tough matches:

i just got killed by england (me france)

wilkinnson pressured me with coffin kicking and my defence cracked

my record is now at:

1win
1draw
2loss

England is a tough ask in this game man. If you want to put them under pressure have a couple of runs at Wilkinson and he will be commited to the breakdown which tends to open a gap in the 10`s channel. The other day after I ran a about 3 forwards into him he went off injured.

What ever you do don`t miss a kick for touch in open play or else Robinson will punish you.

yea i am i just havent had the time yet, ill look to hit you guys up with some updates tonight

Well here we are ready for the France vs. Ireland game at Stade de France. Both teams still in a hot pursuit of the coveted Grand Slam as we head into Round 2 of the RBS Six Nations. After both teams coming off of crushing wins in Round 1, it looks as though this match will shape out to be one of the best of the tournament.

Previous to the game, the IRFU and the FFR have both released their rosters for this weeks ever so crucial match.

France:
1.Milloud
2.Szarzewski
3.De Villers
4.Pelous ©
5.Thion
6.Nyanga
7.Lieremont
8.Martin
9.Elissalde
10.Michalak
11.Heymans
12.Jauzion
13.Fritz
14.Rougerie
15.Laharrague

16.Bruno
17.Marconnet
18.Nallet
19.Lamboler
20.Yachyili
21.Delaigue
22.Castaignede

vs.

Ireland:
1.Corrigan
2.Bryne
3.Hayes
4.O'Connell
5.O'Kelly
6.O'Connor
7.Wallace
8.Foley
9.Stringer
10.O'Gara
11.Bowe
12.D'Arcy
13.O'Driscoll ©
14.Murphy
15.Duffy

16.R.Best
17.Easterby
18.Reddan
19.Humphreys
20.Horgan
21.S.Best
22.Frost

Pre-Match Quotes:
"To win today we need a replica performance of the Italy match. That was a perfect match and a perfect win."- Davey Crockett

"We need to apply pressure to their backline, and minimize their running room. If we can accomplish that we have a chance at winning in this match."-Davey Crockett

"Today on the pitch we need to try and minimize the threat of Elissalde and Michalak as soon as possible, we can not manage to let them break into the open and cause havoc. We know that Nyanga and Martin will also play key roles in their game today, therfore we need a huge game from Wallace and O'Connor"-Brian O'Driscoll ©

Match Scores and Stats:
13min- Try Martin 5-0 France
13min-Elissalde conversion good, 7-0 France
38min-Try Jauzion 12-0 France
38min-Elissalde conversion good 14-0
80min-Try Elissalde 19-0
80min-Elissalde conversion good 21-0

"Tough loss today for the boys. They played their hearts out but many simple errors is what doomed this team today. Too many knock ons occurred, two down inside frances 22 is what seriously doomed us."-Davey Crockett

"Their backrow was extremely illusive today, they blitzed our backs all day long, i was not particularly happy with the play of some of our backs today and will be looking into a few changes for next weeks match."-Davey Crockett

RTE sports speculates that Davey Crockett will change up the line up a little in the backrow by ridding the backline of Tommy Bowe and replacing him with Denis Hickie. Tommy Bowe could just not give Ireland the speed they needed on the wing in order to get around the flying french backs.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 28 2006, 11:16 PM
dc - choke against france and i'll split the big winnings with you!
i think 20 aussie dollars is like 5000 american or something.
dude, c'mon!

I can't help but wonder if this little deal had something to do with it. I suggest the IRB should call an inquiry into your management or should I really be saying mismanagement....??

Keep 'em coming DC ;)

Originally posted by Quintes+Mar 3 2006, 08:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 28 2006, 11:16 PM
dc - choke against france and i'll split the big winnings with you! 
i think 20 aussie dollars is like 5000 american or something. 
dude, c'mon!

I can't help but wonder if this little deal had something to do with it. I suggest the IRB should call an inquiry into your management or should I really be saying mismanagement....??

Keep 'em coming DC ;)[/b]
i know naaaaaatheeeeeeeeeng.

dancingbanana4lf.gif

Well even though there was a tough loss to take losing to France the way Ireland did, it looks as though it is time for Ireland to make some changes. Here are the rosters supported by the IRFU and the WRU heading into the crucial Ireland v Wales match at Lansdowne Road.

Ireland:
1.Corrigan
2.Bryne
3.Hayes
4.O'Connell
5.O'Kelly
6.O'Connor
7.Wallace
8.Foley
9.Stringer
10.O'Gara
11.Hickie
12.D'Arcy
13.O'Driscoll ©
14.Murphy
15.Duffy

16.R.Best
17.Easterby
18.Reddan
19.Humphreys
20.Horgan
21.S.Best
22.Frost

vs.

Wales:
1.Jenkins
2.McBryde
3.Jones
4.Cockbain
5.Sidoli
6.Jones
7.Williams
8.Owen
9.Peel
10.Jones
11.Williams
12.Henson
13.Shanklin
14.Luscombe
15.Thomas ©

16.Davies
17.Jones
18.Gough
19.Jones
20.Cooper
21.Sweeney
22.Morgan

Pre-Match Quotes:

"Well, as a team, and an organization we felt that Tommy Bowe was not performing up to his potential as of right now for this Ireland team, and we decided to inject Denis Hickie back into the backline, to possibly add some veteran leadership to this group of youngsters."-Davey Crockett

"It's great to be back with Ireland. After my lay off from injury i've been itching at the chance to step back onto the pitch in the green and white and represent my country."-Denis Hickie

"It's great to have Denis back, he is one of our true leaders, and as a fellow teammate of his on Leinster, i feel he will give this team the added morale boost as we look foreward with Ireland Rugby."-Brian O'Driscoll

Well here we are at a soggy and foggy Lansdowne Road where both teams look to improve upon their 1 win and 1 loss records. Ireland coming off a tough defeat to France, and Wales coming off a tough defeat to England in round one. This looks to maybe one of the most intriguing match ups we will see this RBS Six Nations, as we see the controversial Gavin Henson and Brian O'Driscoll square up together in this crucial Six Nations Match.

There is a sense of urgency surrounding Lansdowne this morning as both teams supporters know this is a do-or-die situation. The winner still has a shot at the championship and the loser is left to prop up the table.

And theres the whistle and we're under way at Lansdowne Road!

2min-O'Driscoll try 5-0 Ire
2min-O'Gara conversion good, 7-0 Ire
6min-Jones drop goal, 7-3
22min-Owen try 7-8 Wales
22min-Jones conversion good, 7-10
39min-O'Driscoll try 12-10 Ire
39min-O'Gara conversion good from touch, 14-10 Ire
40min-Hickie try 19-10 Ire
40min-O'Gara conversion good 21-10 Ire
59min-Stringer kicks to corner, skips past Thomas, O'Driscoll in pursuit, Try O'Driscoll 26-10 Ire
59min-O'Gara conversion no good 26-10 Ire

"Great win today, we played very good. Minimal mistakes, but nothing that could hurt us too much today. There are still some defense misques that we need to hammer out if we look to win this championship, but there is a new confidence heading into this next match with Scotland."-Davey Crockett

"Denis Hickie showed us how much of a valuable asset he is to the team, with his leadership qualities and his break away abilites against his defender Luscombe today, he made great reads all day long, and had a great day, great form."-Davey Crockett

"I'm personally very excited with my performance today, after injury to come back and score a Test Match try is a very special thing, especially after how long i've been out."-Denis Hickie

"Thrilling win for me and the boys today, my 3 tries, O'Gara was in amazing form, and the amazing form/leadership of Denis is what propelled us to greatness on the pitch today."-Brian O'Driscoll

RBS Six Nations Standings:
Team----------W------D------L------P
France---------3-------0------0------6
England--------2-------0------1------4
Ireland---------2-------0------1------4
Wales----------1-------0------2------2
Scotland-------1-------0------2------2
Italy------------0-------0------3------0

Latest posts