• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My 6 Nations

m8 i would just like to say i think this thing your doing is wicked and really realistic. Love you imagination in the storylines and backgrounds u come up with!

All the best look 4ward to the next entry!

i bet you didnt win the torny :) i found if i lost one game i didnt win the torny cause i didnt have a good for against ratio.

but who knows.

and i lost to italy wtf is with that lol :)

Looking forward to it!!!

Really great read...

Although, and not to put a dampener on what you're doing as it really is top class, why not put a sensationalist spin on the whole thing and make a line-up change or something that will shock everyone!!! Like relenquishing the captaincy from BOD (NOT that, but something along those lines...)

Or don't listen to my silly idea and carry on as per normal, as I can't wait to read the next chapter of Ireland's 2006 6 Nations Campaign...

c'mon lad the 6 nations finished a week ago! wheres the rest of your story??

RTE Sports:

Ireland just coming off their great victory over Wales will look to put more of their magic to the test as they take on a moderately improved Scottish this week at Lansdowne Road. At training this week the Irish squad felt, as manager Davey Crockett would say "optimistic, and enthusiastic" for this Celtic showdown.

When asked during training at the Lansdowne back pitch to answer a few questions, Davey Crockett gave RTE the following quotes:

"Last week's victory was a work of art and extremely impressive we even played our own brand of 'sexy' rugby(a obvious knock on the Wales style of play as they waltzed to a grand slam.) The boys have high morale this week, the weathers nice, the fans are showing much more interest and the overall mood is way up back at camp."

"This week we deffinetly look to capatalize on the mood swing and momentum we gained from the game against Wales. We will look to utilize the backs once again and create vast openings for them to run through. This will hopefully lead to more overlays and in conclusion more scoring."

Recently on RTE sports the Irish fans were asked to comment on how, they felt, new manager Davey Crockett was doing with the progression of Irish Rugby. The results are as follows:

Great Work- 67%
Proggressing Sastisfactorily- 23%
Fair- 5%
Below Average- 3%
Bad- 2%

The Irish Squad will be named tomorrow, along with more quotes from captain and some players.

RTE Sports 2006 ©

The squads have been named for this weeks clash between Ireland and Scotland at Lansdowne Road.

Ireland:
1.Corrigan
2.Bryne
3.Hayes
4.O'Connell
5.O'Kelly
6.O'Connor
7.Wallace
8.Foley
9.Stringer
10.O'Gara
11.Hickie
12.D'Arcy
13.O'Driscoll ©
14.Murphy
15.Duffy

16.R.Best
17.Easterby
18.Reddan
19.Humphreys
20.Horgan
21.S.Best
22.Frost

vs.

Scotland:
1.Jacobsen
2.Lawson
3.Douglas
4.Murray
5.Grimes
6.White ©
7.Petrie
8.Taylor
9.Cusiter
10.Ross
11.Lamont
12.Henderson
13.Southwell
14.Lamont
15.Paterson

16.Smith
17.Bulloch
18.Hines
19.Hogg
20.Blair
21.Webster
22.Craig

"After seeing the Scottish lineup, im more optimistic than I was before. I had been planning on seeing a line up like this all week and I set the boys out to train intrasquad with players with the likes of the Scottish lineup filling in and make the match squad face a team just like what they will be seeing on Saturday."-Davey Crockett

"He(Davey Crockett) really prepaired us well this week for the Scots. He set up the training like we were playing them for the majority of the week. I feel that as the captain me and Ronan will be able to prepair our backline offensively and deffensively better during the match because of this weeks training."-Brian O'Driscoll

RTE 2006 ©

Ah yes, we're here for another round of Six Nations Rugby! I would like to welcome all of you viewing at home, and all of you listening, to another great day of Rugby Union action! Here we are at a particualarly foggy Lansdowne Road, as the Irish look to make it two in a row as they take on the decently improved Scottish rugby team.

Well the referee has blown his whistle, and Ronan O'Gara is about to get things under way.

Theres the drop and we are under way!

4min- BOD try, 5-0 Ireland
4min- ROG conversion good, 7-0 Ireland
28min- Murphy try, 12-0 Ireland
28min- ROG conversion good, 14-0 Ireland
39min- Taylor try, 14-5 Ireland
39min- Patterson conversion good, 14-7 Ireland
51min- Hickie try, 19-7 Ireland
51min- ROG conversion good, 21-7 Ireland
65min- Henderson try, 21-12 Ireland
65min- Patterson conversion good, 21-14 Ireland
74min- Hayes try, 26-14
74min- ROG conversion good, 28-14 Ireland
FINAL:
Ireland 28 Scotland 14

"Ah great victory today for the boys, they really played their hearts out today. There were some sketchy moments mixed in, especially when the score got tight at the score of 21-14. The training that we did throughout the week against a squad that closely resembled the Scots is what helped us keep our cool out on the field today."-Brian O'Driscoll

"The guys played really good out their today. Despite the decent conditions they once again proved they can really play with the best of the best and hold their own. I am very proud of them today and felt that despite a few penalties here, a knock on or two there we still played one outstanding game."-Davey Crockett

"I'm really beside myself right now! I went out there and helped my team and country play one of the best games of this Six Nations. I am personally pleased with the way i played, and look to continue this great trend and help my country win the Six Nations. Lets keep this good work up boys!"-Ronan O'Gara

Latest posts