My preparation for the season so far

Amobokoboko

Waikato Junglist
Country Flag
Belgium
Club or Nation
Chiefs
Hi guys,

Every morning and afternoon I do a little work out as preparation for the upcoming season.
Morning: Running 6-8 km, 5 series of belly and back excercices, 100 time rope skipping, 100 push ups
Afternoon: 1:30 h of swimming
Evening: some times some cricket or touch rugby with friends

Today I took a day rest as I stopped a cricket ball with my knee yesterday and running isn't going as smooth as scheduled :lol:

Next week I would also like to start with interval training.
Owing to my knee I'm not going to practice today, it's also 37 degrees.

What can I add to my little work out schedule to improve my skills as an upcoming lock / center ?

Cheers.

Some sprint work can't hurt,
Things like lieing down on your front, then getting up as quickly as possible, sprinting 15m then getting down on your front, and other short distance sprint work (just doing short sprints will help)
Plyometrics will also help with speed/agility/jumping

Last edited:
would you suggest any weight lifting?

I'm 1m 96 and weighing 90 kg, I'm not that muscled but want to improve it.

I would,
Specifically compound lifts:
Deadlifts, Squats and Bench-press. Those are the main three lifts you should do, as they'll hit pretty much all of your body
Powercleans are slightly more advanced, but good for building explosive power

If you google "stronglifts 5x5" the site has a free ebook full of info and it has a workout in there which is good for building up strength and muscle quickly

Jeez, that schedule doesn't leave much time for alcohol abuse at all. A fan I am not.

Cheers,

I went for a light jogging session to see how the knee was doing and I will continue the work out tomorrow.
Thanks for the great advice.
Should I also follow a kind of diet? At the moment I'm eating lots of fresh veggies and fruits, drinking lots of water ( due to the heat) but I still have a little belly :-s
I'm a big fan of cheese :), eating french fries every fortnight but I do have a couple of pints a week, so no worries Feicarsinn. What's a summer without a pint of bitter love or a ice cold Bummlers?

Latest posts