• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Rugby World Cup Prayer

Shaggy

First XV
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
Hi all, i'm not a religious man by any means, but I thought i'd include a little (tongue in cheek) prayer for the upcoming Rugby World Cup ... perhaps you could post some of your own :D

My World Cup pray

Oh lord who presides over the domain of where the beautiful game of Rugby Union is played (that's heaven for those of you that don't know), please grant me the following qualities:
Strength, Endurance, Strength, A sense of Humour, Wisdom,and Humility.

Please grant me Endurance so that can cope with getting up to watch all of the games in the wee hours of the morning, so that I won't be cranky at those in my household with more common sense, and actually slept. :rolleyes:

Please grant me the Strength of character to endure another four years of disappointment, should the All Blacks fail in their quest to win the World Cup, and the Sense of Humour to endure the inevitable "Choking" remarks, that a life time of well thought out, and imaginative, sheep jokes, have failed to prepare me for. :D

Please grant me the Wisdom to not blame the officials, players, coaches, or catering staff, if we get knocked out of the tournament. :(

... and finally, please grant me Humility, so, if we do win, i can accept the win without too much gloating ... well, perhaps you could permit one "WAHOO!" ;)

... Actually, can you also give all of the above to the All Blacks as well, so they can lift old Bill in October, and also lift that Bl**dy great Ape off our backs! (it ceased to be a Monkey some years ago) :D

Amen

Latest posts