• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Thought....

Why does every thread turn into the subject of Wales, or a bashing of England?

Originally posted by Boy+Nov 12 2005, 11:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boy @ Nov 12 2005, 11:54 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sarries fan
@Nov 12 2005, 11:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
You do, yes.

You start off with a team of no hopers (better known as me, Robbinho and the Swordfish team! ) and you need to train them (that costs money) to make them better, and win matches to get points with which to buy players.

Only saw a bit of it, but it looks superb.

are the leagues like world league 1/2/3 or do you play in proper leagues? [/b]
There are 4 divisions full of the proper clubs and your team, and you start off in the bottom one. The difference between this and Rugby 2005 is that your team is completely new, and there's the issue of money and training and all that jazz. [/b][/quote]
So it is sort of the best from EA World League and Madden Franchise? It sounds great.

this game is full of promise, and i dont mean to appear bitter against england, i did generally forget to include, england, but i knew if i said that people would question it and accuse me of lying, so i made up the story about eng being the best rated, i have nothing but respect for this game, and englad as a rugby nation, and i know they are not ranked best in the game.

but this game sounds so good, i simply cannot wait to play it.

Ass kisser
<

Um no one has answered my question about the sprint bar...

It is still there is what i have come to assume, but when a defender is chasing someone down do they also have a sprint metre?

Originally posted by Jacko@Nov 13 2005, 07:40 AM
Um no one has answered my question about the sprint bar...

It is still there is what i have come to assume, but when a defender is chasing someone down do they also have a sprint metre?
I think it's the icon above the players' head that goes down as he sprints. Didn't really pay close enough attention to it, but the sprints seemed to last longer than WCR.

That's good, but in WCR i recall having a problem getting away from defence because they didn't have a sprint metre... is it the same in this game or is the defence going to tire like the runner does. This would simply make clean breaks more realistic.

Also do defenders give up a chase if you are inevitably going to score a la anti-rugby 05

Originally posted by Jacko@Nov 13 2005, 08:32 AM
That's good, but in WCR i recall having a problem getting away from defence because they didn't have a sprint metre... is it the same in this game or is the defence going to tire like the runner does. This would simply make clean breaks more realistic.

Also do defenders give up a chase if you are inevitably going to score a la anti-rugby 05
Of course the defense would tire. I'm not sure why anyone would consider making it otherwise.

Didn't notice defenders give up, but there weren't many long range tries against CPU, plus, of course, it's completely unimportant. If you're going to score, you're going to score, no matter. It's an irrelevant issue.

Which is what my problem was in the last game. I expected that if i was going to score, i was going to score. It was not the case and on many occaisons the equivalent to Doug Howlett got chased down by one of the english props, because he had a sprint metre and the defender didn't.

Originally posted by Jacko@Nov 13 2005, 09:35 AM
Which is what my problem was in the last game. I expected that if i was going to score, i was going to score. It was not the case and on many occaisons the equivalent to Doug Howlett got chased down by one of the english props, because he had a sprint metre and the defender didn't.

All of the players have sprint meters. The CPU player sprint meter isn't visible, but he does have one.

is there good stats at half time / end of the game and out of the game to show like what your players have done because when making changes this could help lots. and i dont mean crappy stats i mean really in depth stats.

Originally posted by loratadine@Nov 13 2005, 07:38 AM
i dont want to offend anyone thoough, so if i have, i do apologise,
<

Hey, don't worry about it. I think it's good to be proud of your heritage and national team - that's what makes these forums interesting. It's important that people respect each others teams though otherwise it can cause friction.
<

Ok ... soap box over.
<

And Wales and France are the highest ranked NH national teams in RC2006.

what are there stats compared to SH teams? is SA higher then aussie because assie form isnt tht good at the moment i mean they lost to england! hahaha

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Nov 13 2005, 08:56 PM
what are there stats compared to SH teams? is SA higher then aussie because assie form isnt tht good at the moment i mean they lost to england! hahaha

The top teams from both NH and SH are pretty balanced. The difference between them is a lot less promounced than it was in WCR. That's something we learned from the first game - we made the range too extreme, which meant you pretty much had to play the game with either England or Aus/NZ to win the competitions.

In RC2006, you can pick most of the top teams and compete.

thats great news, i think that pretty much reflects rugby at the moment,

i think anyone of fra,was,eng,s.a,aus or nz have a realistic shout for rwc 2007

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Nov 13 2005, 09:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Nov 13 2005, 09:58 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxed_nz
@Nov 13 2005, 08:56 PM

The top teams from both NH and SH are pretty balanced. The difference between them is a lot less promounced than it was in WCR. That's something we learned from the first game - we made the range too extreme, which meant you pretty much had to play the game with either England or Aus/NZ to win the competitions.

In RC2006, you can pick most of the top teams and compete. [/b]
Which team has the best rating? I'd imagine it's NZ with their destruction of most teams in recent times.

I have a question for Trev that relates to home field advantage.

How pronounced is this? For example if I was playing South Africa with say Wales and the match was played in the Republic would I find it harder to win than if the game was in Wales? And how much harder would it be?

The reason that I ask this is because I don't think any rugby game has captured this element of rugby very well. In my opinion Rugby 2005 tried to do this with the momentum bar but failed miserably and am interested to see if they have tried to implement in RC2006.

That momentum bar was in R2004 aswell. But if you have been reading there isnt a large amount of Stadia to play in. In other words there isnt a stadium for every team so i would find this hard to implement unless you indicated who was the home team before the game but it wouldnt be very authentic if you could have SA playing NZ in Cardif and one of them having home feild advantage because it wouldnt happen, not in a huge game changing sense anyway.