• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Thought....

I HAVE A QUESTION SORT OF FOR LOCKSLEY,ST HELL,BOY AND KNOBS...KNOWSLEY..sorry

can u guys rate the game outta 10 on the following...without any comparison to other games..just on the game alone

can ya rate it on gameplay,graphics and sound pleez out of ten with no real comments just numbers on how ya think this game is...

oh and overall...dont be an eat arse coz trev is lurking around..be honest pleez

Originally posted by BigTen@Nov 14 2005, 10:48 AM
I have a question for Trev that relates to home field advantage.

How pronounced is this? For example if I was playing South Africa with say Wales and the match was played in the Republic would I find it harder to win than if the game was in Wales? And how much harder would it be?

The reason that I ask this is because I don't think any rugby game has captured this element of rugby very well. In my opinion Rugby 2005 tried to do this with the momentum bar but failed miserably and am interested to see if they have tried to implement in RC2006.
thats a really good question...and yipee the island teams are licensed
<

btw did they change the rucking animation in any way?
<

i know this question is often asked, but i was wondering have there been any developments on a release, most places are saying the 25th, does this sound accurate?

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Nov 14 2005, 05:22 PM
I HAVE A QUESTION SORT OF FOR LOCKSLEY,ST HELL,BOY AND KNOBS...KNOWSLEY..sorry

can u guys rate the game outta 10 on the following...without any comparison to other games..just on the game alone

can ya rate it on gameplay,graphics and sound pleez out of ten with no real comments just numbers on how ya think this game is...

oh and overall...dont be an eat arse coz trev is lurking around..be honest pleez
Ok here's my version.

Graphics
Big bold players, excellent stadiums, fantastic replay angles, silky smooth framerate.

8/10

Sound
Beefy sound effects, crunch tackle noises etc etc, but commentary is pretty boring in my opinion. I just think Inverdale needs a injecting with Bill McLarens personality. Overall, sound effects are pretty sparse & music is unremarkable

6/10

Gameplay
Excellent. In control at ALL times. Rucks are intuitive as are lineouts, scrums and mauls. Tackling feels right, passing is superb and it has the best general play kicking of any rugby game. Whether attacking or defending, it's a real pleasure to play.

9/10

Lastability
Single player mode will last for a considerable amount of time due to the many different modes on offer. Classic matches, friendlies, challenges, custom cups, leagues etc etc, plus training. All these single player modes are fantastic, but it's the Career mode that will keep those single players playing well into next year!

As for multiplayer? It has the potential to last as long a Jonah Lomu Rugby did. Now that's an accolade that shouldn't be ignored. This will probably last forever!

9/10

OVERALL 9/10

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Nov 14 2005, 05:22 PM
eat arse
<
!!!!!

Man you must be a westie if you are using that lingo now
<

BOT: 9 out of 10 Locks!!!! Man this game must be the new JLR!!!

Thanks Locks, and thats with you playing it well ages ago, imagine the changes that might of been made to improve it. The sound doesn't give do the game justice, but there is the possibility it will be muted anyway. I listen to music instead of the dire R2005 commentary, and the WCR commentary even those it is much better than the fluidity of R2005.

okay got a question....

In relation to international teams, when I first get the game and i go to play a friendly and i pick... NZ say.

Is there a standard 22 players for int'l games or is it like rugby 2005 where you get a list of every NZ player on the game e.g from super14 and you can pick your own match day team?

Also, since there are now southern Hem liciences will any have/be postings the squads for the super14/national teams so we can edit the names?

Cheers

thanx locks sounds gud...but i aint buyin into it till i rent it out and see first hand

gameplay sounds FUN...key word there...other football games jus get so boring sumtimes

quite honestly ive played lomu for 8hours straight when i was like 12...went from friday night to saturday morning

on single player too...the variations of gameplay are astounding and sumthing other developers have yet to emulate..hope this does the job you guys say it does

time will tell....

Originally posted by Ian2oo5@Nov 14 2005, 10:55 PM
okay got a question....

In relation to international teams, when I first get the game and i go to play a friendly and i pick... NZ say.

Is there a standard 22 players for int'l games or is it like rugby 2005 where you get a list of every NZ player on the game e.g from super14 and you can pick your own match day team?

Also, since there are now southern Hem liciences will any have/be postings the squads for the super14/national teams so we can edit the names?

Cheers
You have a set squad - I'm not sure if you can edit it to all NZL players but players aren't licensed anyway.

As far as I'm aware you can edit all names.

ah nice review there boy. big thank you to swordfish again for allowing members of trf to visit and for answering all our questions. this game is sounding just as good as blic.

hey what's the lower ranked teams like compared to the top tier teams? like are the wingers or some of the wingers from the lower tier teams still fast enough to smoke some of the better teams? and is their stamina better? and their kicking stats?

I doubt we'll be able to answer that question tbh, we only played an Italian team that were lowly ranked but they seemed pretty competent.

Latest posts