National Anthems

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by richllew, Jan 23, 2005.

1. richllew

richllew Guest

Does anyone know if the teams sing the National Anthems?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. NZL Fan

NZL Fan Guest

No, they don't..................I can honestly say that with 99.9% certainty.........

4. richllew

richllew Guest

On Umosays site it says they do

hopefully they will have the whole Haka

5. Badboy

Badboy Guest

why should they perform just a lil part of the haka?

6. NZL Fan

NZL Fan Guest

There is no mention of anthems in the only official EA sports release on the game??

Perhaps Umosay can confirm where he has seen this mentioned??

7. Anthems seem like a waste of time for me. Most people will watch them during their first match for the novelty value, and then never bother again. The Haka would be more entertaining though.

8. umosay

umosay Guest

Yep, their is anthems. Doubt they will be the full things rather just small snippets like fifa.

Broadcast Presentation: New camera angles, commentators, team songs, anthems and chants, full-motion video, plus authentic crowd noise, in-game sound effects, and enhanced replay control all come together to help produce a game that creates a look and feel of a live TV broadcast. This immerses players in the atmosphere of the game, while seamlessly integrating the commentary into the flow of play.

9. Wally

Wally Guest

Can't wait to hear Waltzing Matilda belted out around Telstra.

10. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

na cant wait for "shozaloza" and "swing low sweet chariot" but im also wandering if they are going to include wen new zealand takes in the maul if the crowds going to go "oooooooo!!"

btw u reckon they'll add the mexican wave?[​IMG]

11. cavan

cavan Guest

are tonga, samoa and fiji's "Haka's" in the game also?

Btw, when the PI's played the all blacks last year, did they do a "Haka" or their own?

12. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

sadly no [​IMG]

btw the pacific islanders did their own warcry they combined all the warcries together to make one warcry it looked mad but again sadly they'll leave it out of 05....they shud of got the moari team that did the NZ haka to watch the videos of all the warcries and performed em (copy and paste)

think about it....is Pacific islanders going to be in rugby 2005?

if not= awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

if so= unlockable yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!

13. cavan

cavan Guest

PI's unified war cry sounds class. Did it look good? Sadly I've never seen any footage of those games at all.

Seems kinda gay to have NZ haka in and not the Islanders...

14. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

true

it looked mad they had a guy dressed as a traditional chief leading them

15. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Wasnt the person who led it the baggage handler?

16. it was different...still awesome tho....hey umo...i dont see national before those anthems but if they do it would be a first...well 4 a rugby game

17. cavan

cavan Guest

you don't have a mpeg or such like of the PI war dance, by any chance?

18. Surely if they're going to incorporate anthems, they'll do it in a stylish and fast way that does not ruin the flow of things.

Like, going over the each teams first XV with their respective anthems sung by The Chipmunks -- very fast.

19. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Maybe they could have the words at the bottom and have the option of an attatchable microphone so you could have a quick shot at karaoke in between matches!

20. Dude, we're going into business together.

To't topic: There's no way they'll have the entire anthems for each team -- that should be an obvious. I'm thinking snippets. Or, if you win the world cup with some team, they'll have their anthem playing whilst recapping your glory and getting the trophy.

21. Gilhooley

Gilhooley Guest

that just made me think. Its totally irrelivant (<is that how you spell it?) but i havnt played a sports game where after winning a major title you actually felt you achieved something. I mean in rugby 2001 the queer c***s just ran around doing cartwheels and rugby 2004 gave you a cup , wippdy f***en do. then later on you look in the cabinet and its sitting there with no labels who really cares. goes for most games. Why dont they make the final game of a comp or season something that you dont get during a normal game. like a huge build up and more intimate things to make it have the same sensation as a big match on tv. surely cant be that hard . just replicate thge same as a telebroadcast. On madden the commentators say a mention its the super bowl and there are markings on the field but apart from that it just the same. its just like real life ,you have to have something to play for. make sure the juice is worth the squeeze if you will.
    I could be wrong but eh, what ya gonna do

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!