• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NBA Games

R

RC

Ok, so i've re-established my love for basketball games as of late and am deciding that tomorrow i shall be heading out to get one of the new ones. However, i don't really know which one is the best.
As i was growing up i, of course, had the EA series of NBA games and they were awesome, but just a few months ago i purchased a game from the 2K series.
I played NBA 2K7 loads, and i really enjoyed the game. I thought initially it was going to be the PES to the Fifa from the early days: Good gameplay, but made up names. But it was nothing like that. It started Shaq and had all the big names (kobe, nash, anthony, wade etc.)

So, tomorrow i'm gonna go out and buy one of the two: NBA Live 08 or NBA 2K8.
3383600m.jpg
OR
3439143m.jpg

Is the EA series a superior one, i know NBA 2K8 will be good and if its predecessor is anything to go by it could have a fun story mode as well, but will Live 08 surpass this?
There's a part of me that expects the EA series to be better, but i've no idea.

Can anyone help?

I've always played Nba Live since about 95 so I'd go with that but do like what BLR said hire before buying than you can decide without being disappointed.

ive heard that NBA live 07 had heaps of bugs (was going to buy it, but had a look on youtube then thought neh)... so dont know if 08 is such an improvement.

get 2k8 i read it all the time over here its what the pros prefer as well

but i would try them out first, if you really want fun try to get yourself a copy of ncaa college hoops 2k8 i donno if you can but its worth it.

Cheers for the replies guys, you've been really helpful.
I think i'm gonna lean towards the 2K series, but i'm gonna rent them first.

I played NBA Live 08 when it was released, and have no complaints about it. I have owned most of the Live ***les and only the 2k2, and it's just a matter of playing them both. Both companies are known for good ***les, great playability, and realistic moves and graphics. As you said, just rent them and buy the best one for you.

If you are still in time, get NBA 2K8. NBA Live gets you a fairly good impression at the beginning, but you get tired of it very soon. I really enjoyed 2K8 when I played it, so this is my recommendation.

Well, i decided to go wtih NBA Live 08.
Like someone said previously it makes a good first impression, but i've been playing it non stop for a while and even though EA has gone all out to try and cram loads of different features into the game, i think it's that idea which has made it a little tedious.
If they just kept it a little simpler it might have been a bit more enjoyable.
Live 08 was definitely the more fun when i rented the two, but 2K8 was good as well. I'm thinking i may have made the wrong choice.
Oh well, i can always take live 08 in to be exchanged i guess.

Cheers guys!

I wish we would be spoiled with such a choice of rugby games :mellow: .
For, even though Live isn't quite the best example, some rivalry might actually lead to significant progress also in the gameplay department.

im tellin you man try to pick up college hoops 2k8 if possible you'll thank me forever.

I most certainly can't get my mits on it in this country.
How much is it stateside, i may pick up a copy when i'm out there.

I still have NBA2K for my Dreamcast and thoroughly enjoyed it when I was still playing it... Which should say enough as I completely detest basketball.

I'll assume that the modern incarnations have carried on where the previouys generation left off.

I always play NBA live and 08 edition is better than 07. I recommend nba live.

I've both of them... Until next 2007 version NBA2KX was better than EA Game,
but for 2008... I really don't know...

NBA Live08 is the best version of all time,so I recommend this...

But... if you play often with your friends 2K8 is the best...

Latest posts