• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NCAA 2006

Your player has a dorm room and the photo of his girlfriend is in the room. You don't really notice it at first. I thought it was a photo of some girl who could be the girlfriend, sister, whatever since she's pretty plain. Then I had a couple good games and the picture was replaced with a hotter girl. Hmmm..... Eventually it is a separate Icon you can click on and by that time she is getting pretty hot...

Nothing stupid. Like your fanmail it is completely unrelated to the game. You don't get all emotional if a girl dumps you and this causes you to have a bad game or anything. Kind of wasted memory IMO. The letters were kind of cool the first time through but that gets old too. If you had to maintain your relationship with the girl and answer letters or sign autographs it might be interesting if that had any impact on your playing/Heisman hype.

But it doesn't...

Well I had a great game against #13 Texas A&M. They jumped out to an early 14-0 lead and I was worried. They scored on their first drive with QB Reggie McNeal running at will on my shaky defense. On my first drive, I got down to their ten and my TB fumbled. Dang... They got the ball back and I tried to go to a "spy" defense but it didn't help much as McNeal was just too fast. SO I went to a double spy and he started passing and they scored again. On my second drive I used a good run/pass balance and went right down and scored to pull within a TD. They got the ball and passed all over to get up 21-7 with 1:30 remaining. That is when I lost the game. Instead of going into the half down by 14, I tried bombing it down the field to score and promptly threw a pick and they scored again before the half. Down 28-7 at the half.

I went to a run-heavy attack alternating running backs and went straight down the field and scored to begin the half. I mixed in some blitzes and held their offense to three plays and out. The 3rd and start of the fourth quarter went back and forth and I threw another pick but nobody scored either way. In the process my impact FS got hurt and then a CB. I got the ball back with :59 to go and drove to mid-field where I was stuck with no timeouts and 22 second left. I caught them in man coverage with no safety help on a bomb to freshman phenom George Washington and their dang CB picked it off at their 10 with 14 seconds left. They ran one play and ran out the clock for a 28-21 win.

The #2 ranked stadium completely shut down my ability to audible which hurt badly.

Life sucks sometimes but it was a great game.

Got my ass kicked by Iowa State to fall to 3-2. I don't even want to talk about it. I am going to bed.

Originally posted by Confused@Sep 1 2005, 03:57 PM
Got my ass kicked by Iowa State to fall to 3-2. I don't even want to talk about it. I am going to bed.
I had faith in you.

You let me down man, You've destroyed everything I believed in.

Originally posted by Ripper+Sep 1 2005, 08:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Sep 1 2005, 08:44 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Confused
@Sep 1 2005, 03:57 PM
Got my ass kicked by Iowa State to fall to 3-2.  I don't even want to talk about it.  I am going to bed.
I had faith in you.

You let me down man, You've destroyed everything I believed in. [/b]
Sorry man. Now I have to play Nebraska...

Originally posted by Confused+Sep 1 2005, 10:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Confused @ Sep 1 2005, 10:12 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 1 2005, 08:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Confused
@Sep 1 2005, 03:57 PM
Got my ass kicked by Iowa State to fall to 3-2.  I don't even want to talk about it.   I am going to bed.

I had faith in you.

You let me down man, You've destroyed everything I believed in.
Sorry man. Now I have to play Nebraska... [/b]
Confused: Keep up the faith man. ISU is good and I should know since I have been playing with them and completely blowing out teams like Iowa and Okie State. The RB is a bad-ass and the QB can run.

Didn't get to play last night and I might not tonight either since......

COLLEGE FOOTBALL STARTS TONIGHT BABY!!!!!!

Originally posted by USArugger@Sep 1 2005, 05:42 AM
Your player has a dorm room and the photo of his girlfriend is in the room. You don't really notice it at first. I thought it was a photo of some girl who could be the girlfriend, sister, whatever since she's pretty plain. Then I had a couple good games and the picture was replaced with a hotter girl. Hmmm..... Eventually it is a separate Icon you can click on and by that time she is getting pretty hot...

Nothing stupid. Like your fanmail it is completely unrelated to the game. You don't get all emotional if a girl dumps you and this causes you to have a bad game or anything. Kind of wasted memory IMO. The letters were kind of cool the first time through but that gets old too. If you had to maintain your relationship with the girl and answer letters or sign autographs it might be interesting if that had any impact on your playing/Heisman hype.

But it doesn't...
Thanks.

I'm betting that (eventually) in the next series of NCAA - you'll have to go to class as your player, choosing courses etc. as well as taking tests(!) -- If this were to happen, my guy would get his B.A. in Basket Weaving (with honors if possible).

When did you put up that Iowa sig . . . genius.
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
When did you put up that Iowa sig . . . genius. [/b]

I put it up today. I saw it as somebody else's signature on Gopherhole.com which is Minnesota's "unofficial" sports web-site. Gopherhole

I am watching my beloved Gophers kick the crap out of Tulsa but I am not too impressed wih the QB play of Cupito.

USA Rugger - I will be sure to flush twice...
<

4-1 Nebraska came to Waco to take on my Baylor Bears. Some very strange plays in this one. A lot of tipped balls caught by WR and a bunch of fumbles. At the end of the half the console cheat was on. The Nebraska RB was making sick cut-back/spin/juke moves where he almost warped 10 yards sideways and the dang Husker WRs were catching every tipped ball. They were converting long 4th down plays and driving up and down the field with ease. They just couldn't score in the Red Zone. At halftime the score was 17-14 Baylor with Nebraska having double the time of possession.

In the second half it was a huge defensive battle with many punts and turnovers for Nebraska and many FGs for me. Final 29-17 Baylor. A bowl game looks within reach!!! But dang I have to go to #4 Oklahoma next week. This is so much better than going 8-3 or better easily...

Freshman G. Washington only had one catch for 11 yards but made a couple big hits to prevent long gains in the 4th quarter.

Baylor is now sitting pretty good at 4-2. Assuming a loss at Oklahoma and one against Texas, I need to win 2 of 3 against Texas Tech, Okie State, and Mizzou to be bowl eligible at 6-5. That would be a huge boost to the program and recruiting. Beating Texas could be key also, but I'm not too confident.

Nice game confused...

I just beat Texas A&M 35-21 and now I'm ranked #4 in the nation. ISU doesn't have to play either Texas or Oklahoma. Way too easy. Like I said, one season only and then it is Army...

Quick summary since I played these quickly.

1) Lost to Texas Tech (4-4)
2) Lost to Texas (4-5)
3) Beat Mizzou (5-5)
4) Beat Okie State (6-5) BOwl Eligible Baby!!!!!

I played Arkansas State in the New Orleans Bowl and won 31-10. Did not impact recruiting a lot. I lost a bunch of upper-classmen so my team is actually worse next season.

Not even close to the Heisman and my meter is about 1/4.

Played a Bunch of Games recently, mixed results, the up and down passing game has hurt me

Iowa - Lost 36-34
Ron Mexico 33 Attempts, 101 Yards, 4 TD, 2 Fumbles (Both Lost), No Receptions. (Buckeyes 3-1)

Penn State - Won 43-12
Ron Mexico 21 Attempts, 198 Yards, 2 TD, 3 Repections for 22 Yards and a Touchdown (Buckeyes 4-1)

Michigan State - Lost 24-23 (Burn you A-Holes)
Ron Mexico 4 Attempts, 43 Yards, 0 TD (Injured for 3 Quarters - Rested for whole game anyway) (Buckeyes 4-2)

Indiana - Won 63-0
Ron Mexico 37 Attempts, 234 Yards, 6 TD's 1 Fumble (Recovered) 5 Receptions for 61 Yards 0 TD (Hiesman Hype meter went from around being 1/5 full to 2/3 Full) (Buckeyes 5-2)

Minnesota - Won 35-14 (Harder then I thought)
Ron Mexico Injured after 4 Seconds on the Kick Return - Out for 2 Weeks (Including this game) (Buckeyes 6-2)

Illonois - LOST 24-21 (How Humilating)
Ronnie Boy missed Game - Back Next Week (Buckeyes 6-3)

Northwestern up next before the big one at my 2nd most hated team the ATM 9-0 (Possible 10-0 depending on Results) Michigan.

Nice games Ripper except for the turd you dropped in the punch bowl against Illinois. Did you get the console cheat in that one? Was it at Illinois? I have noticed that home field is a huge factor.

I'm pretty concerned about Ronnie Mexico. I have never lost my RFTH player for more than the current game.

Started out the 2006 season with a 14-7 win over TCU. Yeah, the same team that beat Oklahoma today!!!

A complete defensive battle. No RB got 100 yards and neither QB got 200. It was a fun game though. I scored the winning TD with 6 seconds left on the clock and got a #10 greatest game...

Baylor is 1-0 wiith the battle against K-State looming... after a visit to Wash State and Army coming to town. I hope to be 3-0.

Was at home in Colombus - which made it even worse.

Ronnie Boy has concerned me as well with his injuries - although they all seem to be stemmed from the same problem (First Turf Toe, then he broke said Toe when, I must admit, I played on it Injured)

Seems to back and ready, played the First Half of the Northwestern and on his 17 carries he has rushed for 91 yards and has definatly improved his hands, already has a season and personal high 5 Receptions.

If the Lead gets to exubarnt I will pull him early on in the third (are leading 24-3 At the moment to save him for the Michigan and Bowl Game)

at the moment are looking good for Capital One Bowl, Extended the lead 32 with 2 Quick Ron Mexico - One Rushing and one on a Punt Return.

Just beat Washington State 56-21 to move to 2-0. My offense all of a sudden clicked. Sophomore WR/SS George Washington had five catches for 192 yards and a TD as well as an int return for a TD and was not even the player of the game. The TB had 127 yards and three scores and was named player of the game. Army is up next. Looks like I could be 3-0 again heading into conference play.

DO you guys like the juke stick? I am getting pretty good with it. I hated it at first.

Northwestern proved to me a breeze, won 51-17.

Ron Mexico was back to his Herp-a-licous best with season highs in everything but fumbling and rushing TD's

42 Carries, 312 Yards, 4 TDs, 11 Recptions, 171 Yards, 3 TDs. moving me to 7-3.

Will play the Big One against the (9-1) Michigan tonight before the Bowl Game

ISU is now 10-0 and ranked #3 in the country. I have Kansas and than the Big 12 Championship. I feel like quitting since it is way too easy. I think I will just quit and start with Army or a created school in Alaska. Don't know there... I quit playing with Patton on offense becasue I didn't want a Freshman to win the Heisman.