• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NCAA 2006

Just beat army 66-21 and it was sick. SOPH Wr George Washington had 7 catches for 310 yards and five TDs. Unbelievable. I guess the QB is better.

Originally posted by Confused@Sep 6 2005, 04:26 PM
Just beat army 66-21 and it was sick. SOPH Wr George Washington had 7 catches for 310 yards and five TDs. Unbelievable. I guess the QB is better.
Is it still the same QB from last season who couldn't complete a pass? That is interesting... Do you remember how much he improved?

I am starting a dynasty. This new recruiting is a little bit more interesting. I have only done it once so far so I will try a few different things. If anyone is interested in posting recruiting hints, please do...

I am starting with a good program (Minnesota after 4 yrs RFTH and three heisman winners and 3 national ***les...)

I went after 12 guys during in season mode. Only the guys who were interested in me at positions I need. I ended up getting 6 of them. If a guy's interest jumped and he was visiting I hit him hard for points and maybe ignored some other guys.

Not sure if that is the right way to go...

My QB got injured.... I don't remember what he started at, Both WR are impact players which helps.

I just beat 11th ranked KSU 56-21. Washington had 6 catches for 167 yards and 2 TDs along with 2 tackles, 1 int, 1 deflection, and 1 forced fumblr. I hate KSU anyway so it was good.

No help for recruiting yet...

I. HATE. MICHIGAN.

How dare they pull out a 94m drive with 42 seconds and 2 timeouts left, ecspecially after I restrict them to just 154 yards the whole game to score a touchdown to win 13-12.

If only Ronny hadnt fumbled on the goalline at the 1:27 mark and made me kick the f***ing field goal.

Just had the #1 greatest game against Colorado.

Colorado scores a FG on their opening drive to go up 3-0
I punt
Colorado goes straight down the filed for a TD (10-0)
The half goes back and forth with nobody scoring until I get a TD on a short run with about aminute left in the half. (10-7 Colorado)
Colorado takes the kick and drives to my 35 and hits a 52 yard FG as the half expires.

2nd Half:
I punt on my opening drive
Colorado scores almost immediately (20-7)
I get the ball back and my QB tosses a bad option pitch and we turn it over.
Colorado gets a TD off the short field to go up 27-7. At that point I almost shut the game off because I was mad that I had screwed up and hit the wrong playbook.

I hit my Soph WR G. Washington for an 80 yd TD. 4 min left 27-14.
No onside kick. I kick deep and stuff the offense. They punt and my returner gets a nice return to about our 40.
I hit Washington for a 60 yard score to pull within 6 with 3 min remaining.
Again my defense stuffs them and they fumble on second down but they recover. They immediately hit the TE for a first down. The defense stands tall again and Washington (playing CB makes a key openfield stop on third down to force a punt with 1:45 remaining.
I drive down trying to use some clock with my running game but I score too quickly. I score with 55 seconds remaining to go up by one. (Yeah baby!!!!)
Colorado hits a bomb to end up at my 18 with 35 seconds left. I call TO to prevent them from running down the clock before the FG. They run a pass incomplete. Then they hand off to their FB up the gut for an 18 yard TD and they make a 2 pt conversion with 18 seconds left. Dang. 35-28 Colorado.

I get the ball with 18 seconds left and Hit Washington on an 80 yard bomb to ties the score.

Colorado runs the clock out.

In OT, I jam it down their throats to score first.
They make a short gain on first down. On second they throw for the TD and it falls incomplete. I play a 3-deep zone thinking they will go for the TD again and they throw to the endzone where my impact LB makes a beautiful pick!!!!

I win 42-35 in OT and move up to #11 in the rankings at 5-0.

Washington had 6 catches for 292 yards and three TDs to go with 3 tackles on D. #1 in Heisman voting!!!!!

ok guys

Whats Madden 2006 like

prolly cant get my hands on NCAA, but i need feedback on madden, as its released in a few days

Got delayed here, but Ive played it anyway at my Yankee Mates house.

Easily the best Madden so far gameplay wise, Precision Passing and the Cone shits on Total Control, and the truck stick counters the hit stick quite nicely. and they have really put some work into the presentation side, cant wait until they get the real deal in 07 when the ESPN Deal kicks in.

They screwed up the Sim Engine this time around though, players dont sub in and out in simmed games, so you get Running Backs with 500 Carries and 3000 yards each year, as well as 10 players with 20 sacks, but its easily fixed.

It's been awhile but I finally got to play Kansas to continue my race for the Heisman.

G. Washingtton had 6 catches for 167 yards and 3 TDs in the 3rd QTR when the power went out and bam it was gone like that.

The next day, I tried again and the power went out in the third QTR.

Maybe it is a sign.

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 25 2005, 10:35 AM
You'll be pleased too know that Im a devoted Cornhusker fan then...
<

COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) - Brad Smith set a school record with 480 yards in total offense, ran for three scores and threw for another, turning up the production after Missouri squandered an 18-point first-quarter lead in a 41-24 victory over Nebraska on Saturday.

Read the rest here, Ripper.

lol, I just felt like fishing that day, really more of a Golden Bears Fan like I said before... Although Michigan are always a larf to watch... Anyone see Notre Dame vs USC? Probably the greatest game of Football Ive ever soon... then a week later another crazy arse game pops up in the Brad Smith v Nebraska game.

Started doing a Combined Lions/Michigan thing on Madden and NCAA 06 last week,

currently 4-0 with the Mighty Wolverines and 1-5 with the Lions... I traded away Charles Rogers for a couple of picks because I hated him, probably a mistake meaning all I have is 87 speed Mike Williams and the admitedly Beasty Roy Williams, just one major problem....

Joey Harrington is utter ****...

Can anyone say Omar Jacobs?

Harrington has to be the worst computer game character ever. He's been pants in every Madden game he's ever been in. Have you been following B-Dawg's Lions franchise on maddenmania.com? It's hilarious and brilliantly written.

B-Dawg = Franchise Legend.

Although he dropped a Clanger when he drafted Reggie Bush IMO...

Gents,

Long time no post. I have been playing as my created school. I am in my 5th season and I still have not gone to a New Years Bowl. I started as a cupcake team and it has been extremely difficult. I went undefeated last year but still only played in a minor bowl game due to a weak schedule (independent).

I don't like the uniforms I created anymore and I wish I could change them in the middle. They need to add that and also stadium additions.

yeah he should have drafted a decent QB. Put you can't argue with what they guy is doing. I check for his updates every day. Brilliant stuff

Originally posted by cavan@Nov 29 2005, 07:45 AM
yeah he should have drafted a decent QB. Put you can't argue with what they guy is doing. I check for his updates every day. Brilliant stuff
I liked his 2005 Franchise Franchise with his ultimate secret weapon... the Fullback. How he rushed for 1000 yards with it is beyond me. I have never rushed for more then 531 yards with a FB... and that was only when I put up my Back up RB in the Fullback slot.

Originally posted by Confused@Nov 29 2005, 06:56 AM
Gents,

Long time no post.  I have been playing as my created school.  I am in my 5th season and I still have not gone to a New Years Bowl.  I started as a cupcake team and it has been extremely difficult.  I went undefeated last year but still only played in a minor bowl game due to a weak schedule (independent).

I don't like the uniforms I created anymore and I wish I could change them in the middle.  They need to add that and also stadium additions.
I dont have the discipline to start my own school... i.e Im too lazy. ATM Im still doing the Michigan chise, but will probably give that up, the Lions are still **** no matter what I do and im dominating the Collegeite World so will probably try something new...

RB Barry Sanders just enrolled into Oklahoma State.

You really need to run alot of split back formations for that. The traditional i-form won't yield much. I've got Haynes, the Steelers FB in my franchise, he's a 95OVR. He could probably get 1,000 if i concentrated on him solely but his run block is so good that he makes it easy for my HB's to get scores.

Originally posted by cavan@Nov 29 2005, 08:44 AM
You really need to run alot of split back formations for that. The traditional i-form won't yield much. I've got Haynes, the Steelers FB in my franchise, he's a 95OVR. He could probably get 1,000 if i concentrated on him solely but his run block is so good that he makes it easy for my HB's to get scores.
meh, I'm not good at running a conservative, clock controlling offense. I usually use the Run 'n' Gun playbook, simple and crude yes, but highly effective when you get the right people, ecspecially against Human players.

Although I like play books which use alot of Singleback and I-Form formations, nothing like establishing the run, then out of nowhere pull out the perfectly timed play action and nail a 40 yard TD. Very complicated offences I run...

although the Redskins playbook ive got close to mastering, ecspecially the full house formation.

Ripper,

I run the ball. I made a FB win the Heisman once just to prove it could be done. Bronko Nagurski from Minnesota.... However, I played him sometimes as the single back in the ace set so technically I cheated.

I cheated in season one of my create a school when I played a cheat card to beat Bowling Green so now I'm ****** that I did that. I have been fired before when starting with a cupcake and putting them in a real conference. In the three years it takes to assemble some decent talent, you are already getting fired. My current team (Austin Peay) got kicked out of the MAC after their first year. Being independent helps. I think I still get more recruiting points even for beating bad teams.

With the cupcakes, I find that I can at least gain yards on the ground unless the team is a lot better than mine. It is defense that hurts me. In the early stages, wwhen you can only get 1-2 star recruits, I go straight speed on defense. I'll take a poor tackler when he can at least get to the ball-carrier.

Funny moment. In my first season, I played a couple games against a human opponent. My buddy was playing with the Akron, Toledo, or someone and they had a guy with about 90 speed returning kicks. All my guys had speed in the 60s and 70s. He actually returned a kick for a TD, but before he scored he turned around and ran four laps around the field. My guys could not catch him. I was laughing my ass off.