• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NCAA 2006

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 20 2005, 06:10 PM
Is it me, or are Boston College the most underated team in this game?

If you can hold together and expand on the defence, and get yourself some Playmakers on the offensive side of the ball within 2 or 3 years you are challenging for the National Championship.

I'm doing a Dynsaty with them now and I'm loving it. Its challenging, but at the same time you arent going 2-9.
Ripper,

Not sure about most under-rated. I did Baylor and it didn't take too long either. Do the cupcake thing in a major conference. A real challenge just to keep your job.

well i just got the game for my birthday, im starting out with THE Ohio State University, and im 1-0 rightnow i beat miami ohio easily, but big matchup with texas this week..

Originally posted by DC13@Dec 23 2005, 06:28 AM
well i just got the game for my birthday, im starting out with THE Ohio State University, and im 1-0 rightnow i beat miami ohio easily, but big matchup with texas this week..
I think it will be really easy for you with tOSU. But it's always fun to win a few Heismans and National ***les. Unless you play on Heisman. I like to play on All-American with a crap team.

Meh, Still enjoying the Boston College Dynasty. In my Third Year and had a monster recuriting year the first time around... ok, I had a crap one apart from the fact I managed to somehow sneer the next Adrian Peterson, a RB who was a Hiesman Finalist.

Originally posted by Confused+Dec 24 2005, 04:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Confused @ Dec 24 2005, 04:15 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-DC13
@Dec 23 2005, 06:28 AM
I think it will be really easy for you with tOSU. But it's always fun to win a few Heismans and National ***les. Unless you play on Heisman. I like to play on All-American with a crap team. [/b]
i like playing as TOSU because thats where my brother goes, and im going there when i go to college, plus theres insan parties there
<

Cool. Although you will find insane parties almost anywhere you decide to go to college. The Big Ten has good athletics and academics. Good luck...

Im going to Massey University.

and I just won a National Championship with BC.

Gimmie a medal.

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 27 2005, 06:35 PM
Im going to Massey University.

and I just won a National Championship with BC.

Gimmie a medal.
A medal?

I am on holiday from my dynasty with Saint Paul Bible College. I am currently working an NHL dynasty.

A true cupcake if I have ever created one. Recruiting in Minnesota is a challenge with the lack of recruits and MN, Wisconsin, and Iowa taking all the good ones.

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 29 2005, 07:30 PM
haha, Michigan got robbed.

Huskers > Brad Smith.
They should never have allowed Nebraska to get back into the game...

Dynasty Update.

St Paul Bible is now 3-0 after convincing wins over Central Florida, Northern Illinois (rival), and Minnesota. My Senior transfer RB from Alabama (his only year to play for me) is the leader for the Heisman at this point and the team is ranked #18. Season #3 and I just signed a five year extension. Gotta love it!!!

if you ever want to be successful in dynast mode there are 3 main states to recruit from. California, Texas, and FLORIDA! You might get lucky recruiting out of Ohio, Virginia, and other places. But the main 3 is Calif, Tex, and Florida. I get good players out of there all the time.

It all depends on where you are located. If you start with a cupcake (1 star team) and a 1 star coach and your team is located in Minnesota (like mine) you need to work harder at recruiting. I have to recruit just my homestate and maybe neighboring ones initially. Once I establish some pipeline states I go with that.

I beat Notre Dame on the road last night!!!

Well I started with BYU With players from Utah mostly. Now Utah isn't even a pipeline state for me. It's Florida, California, and Virginia. I turned the program around but do have my fair share of suspensions due to undisciplined players, the price you pay for getting athletes I guess. I picked up a ATH that throws good and runs a 4.26 and My running back is somewhat of a Reggie Bush. My defense are mainly from Florida and California. All my offensive lineman are All-American. I got good recievers and quick and big wideout I converted to TE, he doesn't block well but he can catch and run. I am #6 in the nation going into my 8th season with this team. All my lineman, on both sides of the ball, are bigger than life.

How I recruit:

QB-Whoever's there and willing who can throw. Running is extra credit than I start sending the house to him.

HB-Speed kills, I run the option alot and alot of counters, sweeps, and off tackles. I rarely run in between the tackles. If I do I go to my big FB

FB-Fast and Agile is all I need.

WR-I recruit posession recievers mostly.

TE- I only recruit the fastest. If he runs slower than 4.7 I aint havin 'em.

OL- Big and buff! My tackles have to be ox-like and my guards have to be quick and agile due to my excessive counter plays.

DL- My LE has to be strong and RE fast. DT are ox-like.

LB- Speed will destory an offense at this position.

CB- Fast and smart! You might have to give up speed for awareness but it pays off in the long run.

S- I only like hitters on my defense and what better 2 guys to end the onslaught than 2 hard hitting safteys?

I beat #3 Miami at home and I play #13 Louisville next on the road.

If anyone has any questions go ahead and ask.

QB's for me just need to have a strong arm, if they can at least move around the pocket thats a bonus.

As long as I can bomb it all day I'm happy. For Recievers I go for speedy ones with decent enough hands, nothing beats raw speed... apart from Size.

How I recruit:

QB-Whoever's there and willing who can throw. Running is extra credit than I start sending the house to him. He has to be fast. I run the option. The faster the better. Throwing ability is a bonus.

HB-Speed kills, I run the option alot and alot of counters, sweeps, and off tackles. I rarely run in between the tackles. If I do I go to my big FB. I like speed but initially with a cupcake i take what I can get. I build my offense initially off of my running game. I pound my starter up the gut as well as outside so i like him to be balanced. I like a blazing speed guy for my back-up. I usually use 2-3 RBs. It helps to prevent them from going pro early. If a guy is a senior I will work him like a dog.

FB-Fast and Agile is all I need. I like a strong guy with decent speed. Don't care too much because I will run out of the ace at least 50% of the time

WR-I recruit posession recievers mostly. Initially whatever I can get. In a pinch speed gets the nod, but hands are important. I throw deep play-action a lot.

TE- I only recruit the fastest. If he runs slower than 4.7 I aint havin 'em. I like a big blocking TE with good hands since i run a lot of 2TE from the ACE. Speed is a bonus.

OL- Big and buff! My tackles have to be ox-like and my guards have to be quick and agile due to my excessive counter plays. I take the highest rated guys who are interested. I like to redshirt lineman.

DL- My LE has to be strong and RE fast. DT are ox-like. I like to recruit athletes for the D-line.

LB- Speed will destory an offense at this position. I agree. Speed kills.

CB- Fast and smart! You might have to give up speed for awareness but it pays off in the long run. Speed is again key. Athletes work well here also.

S- I only like hitters on my defense and what better 2 guys to end the onslaught than 2 hard hitting safteys? I like speed here too. Teams sometimes run on me but they won't beat me deep to often.

Overall if everything else is equal or close I like to recruit speed on both sides of the ball. I also noticed that a 3 or 4 star athlete is more like a 4-5 star position player and you can plug him in where you need him. Look at his size and speed and you will get a good idea where he might play for you when you are recruiting him.

Does anyone know how you can improve your academics? When i start with a cupcake, my academic rating is high, but it gradually decreases as i get better. i was thinking of limiting myself to only smart players with good discipline on my next dynasty.

Does anyone use points to scout? I never do...