• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NCAA 2006

U

USArugger

Anybody out there playing NCAA 2006? I am really liking this game. Heisman mode is a lot of fun. If anyone is interested in discussing this game, go ahead and post here.

Originally posted by USArugger@Aug 22 2005, 08:19 AM
Anybody out there playing NCAA 2006? I am really liking this game. Heisman mode is a lot of fun. If anyone is interested in discussing this game, go ahead and post here.
Yeah, it's great game. In fact, in most years I find myself playing NCAA a lot more than Madden... I don't know if it's because I love the option offense or the fight songs or what but I think that it's a great, and completely underrated game that gets caught in Madden's large shadow.

I like the option, the fight songs, the huge selection of teams, just about everything about this game. I thought the race for the Heisman would be pretty dumb, but I actually am having a good time. My current goal is to win the Heisman with a guy at every position possible. It kind of burns me that I don't actually get to keep the trophies earned in Heisman mode. I will have to earn them all again in dynasty mose.

What do you guys think about the impact players and the jukes with the stick?

Impact Player: A little to drastic in my book. It's great when your RB starts blinking, but it's a joke when your whole defense is piled on the opposing RB and he keeps on going. I like the idea, but it's a little too much.

Juke Stick: It took awhile to get used to, but I actually like it better than using the L/R buttons. It seems like I can control it better.

Imported it and it arrived a week and a half ago.

Still doing my First Race to the Hiensman, starting QB for the mighty Sooners, next Im planning on walking on for some lower college like Duke and doing things the hard way.

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 23 2005, 12:34 AM

Still doing my First Race to the Hiensman, starting QB for the mighty Sooners, next Im planning on walking on for some lower college like Duke and doing things the hard way.
Try it with an Ivey league school... that's a tough row to hoe!

Originally posted by abes58+Aug 24 2005, 12:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (abes58 @ Aug 24 2005, 12:34 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Aug 23 2005, 12:34 AM

Try it with an Ivey league school... that's a tough row to hoe! [/b]
Yes it is.... I played a dynasty with Yale on last year's game and it is quite a challenge.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Aug 23 2005, 07:39 PM
I live in NZ and want this game, is there anyway I can get a pal version??
I live in Canada and I had to get it from the states as they don't even sell it here. I infer therefore that you'd have a problem finding a PAL (non North American) version of the game. I highly doubt they'd release it elsewhere as the market just isn't there.

Yours only bet would probably be if your system was moded (not that I'm condoning that sort of nefarious behaviour of course)... that would allow you to order it online and have it shipped to you.

Hope you can find it... it's really annoying not being able to get games because they aren't released in your market. I had to jump through SO many hoops to get World Championship Rugby and NRL. Now I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna get my hands on Brian Lara Cricket and AFL Premiership (is that game any good?). Plus if NRL 2 gets released for xbox and Rugby Challenge 2006 comes out I'm gonna have a real hard time getting the games I want.... curses!!!!!

Originally posted by abes58@Aug 24 2005, 02:26 PM
AFL Premiership (is that game any good?).
The AFL games thus far have been tragic

I wouldnt get my hopes up for new version - However, I myself would love a decent playable AFL game.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Aug 24 2005, 11:39 AM
I live in NZ and want this game, is there anyway I can get a pal version??
No such thing exists to the best of my knowledge.

I imported it from an Aussie site Knuck gave me and was able to play it using my *Insert Devils Tool*

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 23 2005, 04:34 PM
You stinky rat assed pinko communist.

OKLAHOMA?

Ripper, Oklahoma? Oklahoma, Ripper?

Ah Jesus, Ripper, JESUS WHY?

Well, at least you didn't say the 'N' word. They're the most evil.

Ripper, there are 6 little letters in the big big chant that one side of the stadium starts and the other side finishes at the school I went to:

Z! O! U!

Originally posted by captainamerica+Aug 24 2005, 04:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Aug 24 2005, 04:13 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Aug 23 2005, 04:34 PM

OKLAHOMA?

Ripper, there are 6 little letters in the big big chant that one side of the stadium starts and the other side finishes at the school I went to:

Z! O! U! [/b]
I suppose you wouldn't like that N word as they've beaten up on you for the last century or so.

Nebraska... lineman U... Too bad they got rid of the Veer/Wing T... it was just like novocaine... just give it time and it'll work.

Not liking the pro style offence.

Really just so long as someone beats USC I woudn't even mind if it was Mizzou... HAHAHAHA, now that's a laugh.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Aug 25 2005, 08:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Aug 25 2005, 08:13 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

OKLAHOMA?

Z! O! U! [/b]
You'll be pleased too know that Im a devoted Cornhusker fan then...

Originally posted by captainamerica+Aug 25 2005, 08:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Aug 25 2005, 08:13 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

OKLAHOMA?

Z! O! U! [/b]
CPT America....

You went to Mizzou???? I went to Minnesota but lived in MO for awhile and went to a few games. I was there a couple seasons ago when Brad Smith led the 4th quarter comeback to beat the hated Huskers. What a great game!!!!

We at Minnesota would like to thank you at Mizzou for not recruiting Maroney very hard. We are happy to have him. I am feeling 1800 yards this year.

So I started my second race for the Heisman as a RB for Memphis. I made the rule that I have to go to a school that offers. No walking on. I put myself at FB the first year because the starter was too good. Then my freshman year I won the Heisman. SO now I am in my third year and I am debating whether to go for a second Heisman or try to get my QB or the other TB a Heisman. Tough choices.

My created player is not that fast, but if I tap the X he can break a lot of tackles. If he gets "in the zone" watch out. I am still a pretty crappy passer except on crossing routes or bombs so I mostly run the option with a Minnesota playbook. In my last game (a win against Maryland) I only passed the ball twice. Has anyone noticed that the bomb is a little too easy? If you have a fast receiver and you get him in man coverage you can almost always burn the defense. I am thinking of moving the sliders, but currently I just don't pass that much because for me it is more fun to run the ball down their throats. As Woody Hayes said, "There are only three things that can happen when you pass the ball and two of those are bad."

Originally posted by Confused@Aug 25 2005, 12:38 PM
So I started my second race for the Heisman as a RB for Memphis. I made the rule that I have to go to a school that offers. No walking on. I put myself at FB the first year because the starter was too good. Then my freshman year I won the Heisman. SO now I am in my third year and I am debating whether to go for a second Heisman or try to get my QB or the other TB a Heisman. Tough choices.

My created player is not that fast, but if I tap the X he can break a lot of tackles. If he gets "in the zone" watch out. I am still a pretty crappy passer except on crossing routes or bombs so I mostly run the option with a Minnesota playbook. In my last game (a win against Maryland) I only passed the ball twice. Has anyone noticed that the bomb is a little too easy? If you have a fast receiver and you get him in man coverage you can almost always burn the defense. I am thinking of moving the sliders, but currently I just don't pass that much because for me it is more fun to run the ball down their throats. As Woody Hayes said, "There are only three things that can happen when you pass the ball and two of those are bad."
I am currently playing with a CB who got an offer from Iowa State. I play him at WR also and even though he is a freshman he is getting a lot of heisman hype. I named him George patton
<

The bomb is way to easy. Patton has 93 speed so about three times a game I send him deep on a playaction pass and he is gone.

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 25 2005, 10:35 AM
Two words, Ripper:

Fired.

FIRED!

You're out of the family and you're out of the will, now get out of my sight.

Abes58 -- as I was born in L.A. I've always supported USC. So I'm enjoying this ride. As for the Corn...people of Ne, of Neeb, of that state, I'll just say that payback is a welcome ***** and I look forward to the game in Columbia in October. Having said that, if that doesn't work, I'll beat the hell out of them in EA's version of the game.

Confused -- I've got nothing but love for the Golden Gopher. As for Maroney, uh, yeah, you're welcome.
<
But I'll just hope that Mr. Smith has a tremendous final year for the Tigers. Ah yes, the 4th quarter comeback.

Ripper, did you hear about the 4th quarter comeback in 2003?

CHOKE ON IT.
Wooooooot!

Originally posted by captainamerica+Aug 26 2005, 06:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Aug 26 2005, 06:40 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Aug 25 2005, 10:35 AM
Two words, Ripper:

Fired.

FIRED!

You're out of the family and you're out of the will, now get out of my sight.

Abes58 -- as I was born in L.A. I've always supported USC. So I'm enjoying this ride. As for the Corn...people of Ne, of Neeb, of that state, I'll just say that payback is a welcome ***** and I look forward to the game in Columbia in October. Having said that, if that doesn't work, I'll beat the hell out of them in EA's version of the game.

Confused -- I've got nothing but love for the Golden Gopher. As for Maroney, uh, yeah, you're welcome.
<
But I'll just hope that Mr. Smith has a tremendous final year for the Tigers. Ah yes, the 4th quarter comeback.

Ripper, did you hear about the 4th quarter comeback in 2003?

CHOKE ON IT.
Wooooooot! [/b]
Nah, just messing, more of a Golden Bears Fan actually (The Middle Son, while we aint the Rich Lawyer of the Family that is USC, we aint the Grocery Clerk Son that is ULCA or even the Hillbilly Cousin which no one talks about in Fresno State)

Although I enjoyed watching the Eric Crouch Era of Nebraska.

Golden Gophers vs. Tulsa next Thursday. Damn I love college football....

I just beat SMU in my Memphis RFTH (Race for the Heisman). Holy crap it was closer than expected. Do you ever get the feeling that the console just played a cheat card on you? Every time I ran the option it was a fumble. It was crazy. Meanwhile, their TB broke at least 5 tackles on every play. I felt lucky to win.

Have Completed my First RTH Mode, after my 3rd Season which I won my First Heisman and 2nd National Championship (First being in my Freshman year).

I had twice finished 2nd in the Hiesman polls - First to Vince Young and then to my teammate Adrian Peterson.

What it took to win the Hiesman :

Passing : 3744 Yards, 40 TD's, 8 INT, 117.3 Rating
Rushing : 451 yards, 45 attempts, 7 TD's, 4 Fumbles
Receiving: 2 Catches, 12 yards, 1 TD

Next Im going to do the Last White Hope for Halfbacks, either for the Golden Bears or Texas... maybe even Yale, if just to shove it up to Harvard.