• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NCAA 2006

St paul Bible is now 4-0 after a 35-7 beating of #25 Stanford. Could be a good season...

Originally posted by cavan@Jan 10 2006, 05:34 AM
lol Speed is number 1 for every position. It's an EA sports game after all.
On defense I agree. At RB if a guy is a little slow and has the same rating as a faster guy, you can bet that he is hard to bring down. I don't worry about fast OL, and good hands is more important than speed at receiver. However, at the end of the day it is football and it is almost all about speed
<

Speed is key. Especially on defense and at wideout. I have recruited a few 4-5 star RBs with less than world-class speed and they run over guys a lot better than the speedy guys. Of course every once in a while you get the guy who is fast and runs people over.

I was reading a different message board about recruiting and the guy said to use minimal points in your first week on all the guys and then use the rest of your points to scout guys. He said scouting works as good as offering and then you can pick and choose on week 2 who to go after and you know their actual ratings. I'm gonna try it.

My PS2 (original 2001 version) went ***s up last night. I heard something about a screw you can adjust. I'll have to try that since I already took it apart and cleaned the laser. That worked before.

Originally posted by Confused@Jan 11 2006, 04:58 PM
I was reading a different message board about recruiting and the guy said to use minimal points in your first week on all the guys and then use the rest of your points to scout guys. He said scouting works as good as offering and then you can pick and choose on week 2 who to go after and you know their actual ratings. I'm gonna try it.
Thanks for the tip. I had never really seen much point in just scouting for the sake of wasting points when you can offer them and just hope for the best. I will try it next time I recruit. SPBC has a big game tonight against ASU.

The old PS2 is officially dead so I have not been able to try my new recruiting strategy. Has anyone else tried? I have to go by one as soon as they get back into stock. The only place close-by that sells them was sold out. They had plenty of X-box, but I want to be able to play all my games and I can't wait until PS3 comes out. Damn...

Originally posted by Confused@Jan 15 2006, 10:47 PM
The old PS2 is officially dead so I have not been able to try my new recruiting strategy. Has anyone else tried? I have to go by one as soon as they get back into stock. The only place close-by that sells them was sold out. They had plenty of X-box, but I want to be able to play all my games and I can't wait until PS3 comes out. Damn...
OK Confused. I tried it. I can't give you too much feedback since I signed 8 recruits during the seadon somehow. That left me with only 17 slots to fill and a shitload of points from being the national champs. That's right baby, Saint Paul Bible put a 48-10 whoopin' on the Gators to win the 2011 Fiesta Bowl and claim the crown.

Recruiting. I will say this again. Go after pipeline guys only during the season. You will sign a lot more of them. I usually sign 3-4, but sign 6-7 regularly and last night I got 8 somehow.

The whole scouting thing is pretty cool now that I understand it. When you scout a guy, it is the same as using the program prestige pitch (at least with my cupcake turned 5-star program) but you don't actually offer a scholarship. On week 1 I didn't offer anyone. All I did was scout a bunch of guys who were interested in positions I wanted. Then I used a few points to scout 4-star athletes and a couple 5-star guys who were interested but I was still outside their top five. Scouting lets you know that the 4-star CB who shows a 4.2 40 really runs a 4.5. but it also keeps them all interested. On week two, I went after guys who bit on the prestige pitch with a head-coach visit and gave the rest of the guys I decided I wanted between 4 and 8 points. I used the rest to scout more guys. What this does is keep some interest from guys you don't offer in case some of your offered guys go somewhere else. This made a difference. In the past sometimes I would have only 22 recruits because that 4-star fb isn't waiting around while you offer other guys. If you scout him you can pick up recruiting in week 3-4 and still have a shot. Interesting. I like the scouting thing now that I understand the value. I don't know what it would be worth to a 1-2 star school, but for an elite program where you have plenty of points to play with it works well.

Is this cheating?

I have back to back Heisman winners (2 different tailbacks). I have 3 good RBs on my roster this year (2 more are being redshirted) and I want to win the Heisman a 3rd straight year while at the same time getting all my RBs plenty of playing time so nobody transfers or goes pro early (all underclassmen at RB).

I have a CB who has won returner of the year the last two years. I am using him on offense (good hands and good speed) in sort of a limited Reggie Bush role. He lines up at one of the RB spots in the pro-set or at WR when I have a 3-receiver set. I make sure he gets a catch or two every game and 4-6 carries so I don't overuse him and tire him out. Meanwhile he continues to play a stellar CB and kick-butt on KR/PR. He was nowhere on the radar until the last game and now he is the favorite for the Heisman. I am loving it but I feel like it is not quite right. He is decent at both RB/WR, but I have better players (but not faster) at both positions. He is my best CB and my best returner for both punts and kick-offs.

It is making the game fun while I try to get him touches at the right time. I guess that is really the point anyway...

I dont see why it's cheating, Players play both sides of the ball all the time in College.

OK,

Sorry for the delay in posts because i know everyone is really concerned about how Saint Paul Bible College has fared in season #5 of the dynasty.

We are currently 11-0 and waiting to play Colorado for the National ***le. If we win it will be two national ***les and 51 wins in a row.

SR CB/RB/WR #5 Terry Labonte, came out of nowhere to win the Heisman with 2500 all-purpose yards and 3 defensive TDs on INTs to go with 3 punt return TDs. Before this season, he had never played a down on offense. This was the third straight year that an SPBC player has won the Heisman. Sadly, Labonte did not win his third straight returner of the year ***le. The physical demands of playing both ways (he was "yellow" a lot of the time which means he's tired if you don't play much) made him a step slower on those nasty jukes that allowed him to amass 17 return TDs in the previous two years.

I found a new way to hate Iowa. I haven't done this before, but I am thinking of not only playing with SPBC in every game, but also playing against Iowa every week. I knew you could play other team's games, but I had never really done it. I was also thinking that perhaps this next season I would play every single rivalry trophy game during an actual dynasty. That way I could keep the dynasty going while still playing for the rivalry trophies. It makes it possible to choose who wins some other games also. I can't believe I just thought of that.

I finally got a new PS2. Dang that thing is small. My old broke one looks like a monster next to it.

I know USArugger, and he knows that Saint Paul Bible College used to actually exist. It is now called Crown College. They were called the SPBC Crusaders (purple and white) and now they are the Crown Storm. They have a football team.

I might start a brand new dynasty. I am not sure what to do. So many limitless options. What a great game.

Nice to see you back and plugged in Confused.

Don't worry, I did it right. The SPBC Crusaders wear Alabama style uniforms except with no numbers on the helmets.

A plain purple helmet with one white stripe and players can earn white stars.

Purple and white single stripe jerseys with no names. Double stripe pants and finally black socks and shoes.

My normal unis are either purple jersey with white pants, or white jersey with purple pants. For my alternates (big games) I go to all white or all purple. They look dang good. I got the purple pretty close. They programmed "Crusaders" into the game so the announcer actually says it instead of "the Home Team" every time.

Maybe you should make Macalester or Hamline and we can see who is better.

Of course Augsburg would look good in the game too. And they even play on turf, or did they take it out? I haven't been by there in awhile.

Of course it is too easy to recruit from Minnesota. Maybe you should try Alaska or Hawaii. How about Alaska Anchorage or Fairbanks? Recruiting sucks up there.

I had a change of heart. I am going to start playing NASCAR for awhile since the season is about to start. I am going to start a NASCAR thread and update it all the time even if nobody else views it or comments. It will be like my NASCAR journal LOL.

Meh...

I've become a choke artist lately. I was on a nice 7-0 run to start the season on my Race to the Hiesman with my Wide Reciever using Alabama, but now I've dropped to 7-3.

I have for three straight weeks blown half time leads of 15, 13 and 18 points to lose by 2,8 and 1 point respectivly, including a heart breaking 37 yard miss and an returned interception with 37 seconds on the clock and a 1 point lead. (I was 4th and 15 and on the wrong side of the 50 yard line so I had to go for it or risk giving away an easy field goal).

Man I'm ******.

OK,

I noticed a few things that may be because I run the ball alot and I also play almost every one of my games (very few sims).

1) My offensive lineman are all All-Americans almost every year. I almost always have OL leaving early for the draft. I win the OL and C awards almost every year too.

2) My QB will always stay for his full time because he doesn't throw enough. I don't know why, but I have a hard time recruiting QBs. i also only want fast guys which limits me. I will take a 3-star athlete with speed over a 5-star QB.

3) I use three RBs to keep them from going pro. Since I run so much, even with 4-5 returning 4 and 5 star RBs, I can always pick up another one during recruiting.

4) I win no defensive awards. I have the best defense in terms of yards allowed, points allowed, etc... but since I play 5 minute quarters nobody gets enough tackles or interceptions to win a defensive award. As a result, almost no defensive guys leave early. So I end up with all underclassmen on the O-line, pretty poor WR and QB because they are hard to recruit, stud RBs, and a **** hot defense. After 5 years I am a 6-star team and my offense is a B+ but my defense is an A+. Since I run the option, even though by QBs are rated a B, I still score almost at will. Unless I turn the ball over, I score. I had four punts last year.

Anyway, my baseball game has not arrived yet, so I am goofing around a bit with Tiger Woods and NHL since I don't really want to get all into my next season when I don't think I will finish it.

I have to admit, I am hopelessly addicted to this game. I tried to get back into my PGA career on Tiger Woods and I just can't get excited about it.

I scheduled nothing but ranked opponents this year. I beat #13 ASU handily so then I had my second string in after the first series of the secong half and still beat #17 Virginia 63-7. I think I might try playing a half with the starters and a half with the second stringers. Most likely it will ruin my chances for a 4th straight heisman winner, but oh well. I decided to go after a bunch of non-pipeline 5-stars for recruiting in-season. It's a little bit harder. I did open a pipeline in Texas which will make recruiting that much better.