• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NCAA Football 2007

Right, gave it a good 3 or 4 hours play last night and can honestly say I'm very impressed. In my personal opinion it is better than any Madden I have ever played (All of them up to 06 on Xbox - no 360 as yet). Although I suspect the 'novelty' for me of being able to play college football adds to it, but I still think gameplay wise this is the best so far.

I started off playing on the easiest level which was a bit of a mistake as I was disheartened by how easy the D was. I was making big gains on offence too but not quite as easily. When I turned it up though, I was really pleased how the CPU stepped up the AI rather than just giving all it's players speed boosts etc - when you break away with a fast RB or WR then it is touchdown time.

The 'momentum' for each team is really well worked, and the sudden changes only occur when they should. I've also heard criticism over the new camera angles for kick returns and blocks, but I quite like them as it makes them a little more realistic - would not work as the view all game though.

I've played a fair bit on Campus Legend mode and I like the 'career' feeling of it, with player development, study and also social, although the latter 2 are fairly simply dealt with.

Sorry this is a bit of a collection of random thoughts, if anyone has any questions then ask away. All in all though, very impressed

Would you recommend it to a serious sports gamer who's only really dabbled in the Madden series, but wouldn't mind giving a good grid iron game a go?

Also can anyone recommend a top baseball game as been wanting to try one out? Cheers :)

Originally posted by dobrien7@Jul 21 2006, 08:21 AM
Would you recommend it to a serious sports gamer who's only really dabbled in the Madden series, but wouldn't mind giving a good grid iron game a go?

Also can anyone recommend a top baseball game as been wanting to try one out? Cheers :)
I would recommend it to anyone who likes sports games. I am no american football expert - I learned the rules from madden back in the early 90s and have since watched any NFL that I have been able to. I do however LOVE sports games, and this one cannot be faulted for playability or just sheer enjoyment.

I think the clear distinctions between skill levels would make this game excellent to learn about the sport (not just rules, but tactics etc). It is perfectly possible to play without using all the line adjustments, audibles etc but it's great that they are there and actually have an effect once you get more aware of how the game works.

Originally posted by dobrien7@Jul 21 2006, 08:21 PM

baseball i would reccomend tryign to find either a mvp 2005 or maybe if they have it there mvp ncaa 2006.. they both use the same gameplay, 2005 was pro and 2006 was ncaa.. both very good!

Its on the way for me, woot woot, usually takes a week or two for games from America via Australia.

Harddrived PS2 for me.

Confused and USARugger are African American and therefore have NTSC PS2's.

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 5 2006, 03:12 PM
Harddrived PS2 for me.

Confused and USARugger are African American and therefore have NTSC PS2's.
Yeah, what he said...

I was on vacation for two weeks and I was doing mostly fishing so I haven't played a game recently. I will quickly get you up to date on the game. GIve me a day or two.

Anyone ever caught Northern Pike? Great fun. The toothy ******** could probably take a finger off...

Originally posted by dobrien7@Aug 2 2006, 06:07 PM
Cheers boys, got myself NCAA 07 to try first, then it'll be MVP :D
Good for you. Any questions on the game let me know. This has been my favorite game since NCAA 97 on the PC. Any questions on American football rules and I will answer quickly also. If I don't answer, there is a loser lurking somewhere in the shadows who goes by USArugger. He is a decent dude, but I kick his ass on NCAA football.

Originally posted by Confused@Aug 8 2006, 01:20 PM
[I was on vacation for two weeks and I was doing mostly fishing so I haven't played a game recently. I will quickly get you up to date on the game. GIve me a day or two.

Anyone ever caught Northern Pike? Great fun. The toothy ******** could probably take a finger off...
Fark - YOU!!!!!

:wall: :rahh: :ranting:

I wish i could say the same for Sydney Harbour!!!!

:wall:

Ur killin me.

In 2 months I am fishing away - Deciding whether to go NZ or Top End Aussie, also gotto find numbers, coz i aint going by myself :D

I beat Tennessee State 35-7. My created dude (FS) had a TD reception as well as a TD carry. He is all over the place...

Vandy is still undefeated...

I have been academically ineligible fior three games now. I need to study,...

Had my first game against fellow TRFer Monoturd (a grid iron veteran I must add) and got my arse handed to me 54-13... once I get the hang of it, it looks like it'll be a good game.

Just got MVP NCAA 06 today too so going to give that a whirl...

Originally posted by dobrien7@Aug 8 2006, 06:33 PM
Had my first game against fellow TRFer Monoturd (a grid iron veteran I must add) and got my arse handed to me 54-13... once I get the hang of it, it looks like it'll be a good game.

lol i was wondering when you were gonna post that.

i'll have to buy the game now so i can practise some more so we can have insanely tense games

Originally posted by MonoTurd+Aug 8 2006, 10:13 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dobrien7
@Aug 8 2006, 06:33 PM

lol i was wondering when you were gonna post that.

i'll have to buy the game now so i can practise some more so we can have insanely tense games [/b]
Sounds like when I play USArugger and I hand his ass to him.

i would rape anyone in any ncaa game...my ncaa saavy is on lone from God himself.

and all ive got to say is this ACROSS THE FIELD BUCKEYES NUMBER 1!

OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,OH-IO,

My first game notes for Legend Mode:

#1: No matter what you do, do not become academically ineligible. It blows all your popularity when you have to sit out. I am the best guy on the team, but I have zero popularity.

To stay eligible, you have to waste the two days with the tutor probably at least once a week with a tough major...

Team practices are a waste of time. I did them and got minor skill bonuses in a couple of different formations. Not worth the time it takes to do it.

For individual skills as a defensive back I got the best points returning kicks in practice so that is all I did after awhile. My guy plays FS on D and I Reggie Bush him on offense. He lines up everywhere. Since I had to sit out for a few games this year I got no love from anyone and actually my guy did not have a great year on defense. We will see how that plays out... I am not sure I get my props for 197 yards rushing as a FS. If I was actually a RB I would be $$$$. We will see.

More later.

I think for the next year I will do a postion drill a tutor session and then either a social event or study. I decided that if the fans don't like me they can kiss my a$$.

I hate you all.

Yours Sincerely,
Ripper.

So how big is the academic compoment in the game?

Latest posts