• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

need some tips on elite mode (importance of set plays)

I

Inertia

I just ventured up to elite mode and there's a big difference now in scoring tries. I was suprised that the attack of the opposition wasn't a big step up from Pro. it seems it is harder to win and retain rucked ball (as usual <_< - cheap way of making the game harder and very unrealistic).

The question is , what do you pro players do to exploit the defence? Chucking it to the backs and trying to get them to find gaps doesn't seem to be very effective anymore. Neither does crashing through the defence with your forwards.

Do people find set plays effective against the CPU? I have tried to use setplays but i usually find the wait to execute them excruciatingly slow and lose patience and just end up throwing it out myself.

Also, how come the CPU can execute set plays immediately yet we can never setup a setplay without waiting ? :rahh: The set play mechanism harldy seems different to 06.

I find elite mode to be too easy without utilising set plays, as I'm sure many others do as well.

Your frustration regarding the CPU are understandable. Rugby 2008 is **** house. Simple as that unfortunately.

Yeah the game is fun (sometimes) but frustrating too. The rucks are incredibly annoying when your guys just stand there doing sweet FA. Even the CPU's wingers ruck the ball when needs be.

Passing out to your backs from a lineout is also difficult, 5 times out of 10 your player just gets smashed because he doesn't pass the ball out. No problem for the CPU though.

I also love how the cpu can kick neatly into touch despite being surrounded by your defence. Totally impossible to execute with the time it takes to initiate a kick for the player.

i usually find setting up setplays faster when i pass to the forwards for a couple hit ups, then setting up set plays is a bit quicker.

it is very cheap how they make the game harder tho,

i love kicking penalties! lol

I find elite mode to be too easy without utilising set plays, as I'm sure many others do as well.

Your frustration regarding the CPU are understandable. Rugby 2008 is **** house. Simple as that unfortunately. [/b]

i find the game too easy in elite mode too (when you win 70-0 france AB in elite ... :blink: ) but the setplays are the same than in 06.

i wouldn't say the attacks are crap in elite but i would rather say that the defenses are.

too easy game ... shame as there is no challenge. but its EA ... always too easy to score in their games and unrealistic. its arcade and not simulation unfortunatly.

Yeah the game is fun (sometimes) but frustrating too. The rucks are incredibly annoying when your guys just stand there doing sweet FA. Even the CPU's wingers ruck the ball when needs be.

Passing out to your backs from a lineout is also difficult, 5 times out of 10 your player just gets smashed because he doesn't pass the ball out. No problem for the CPU though.

I also love how the cpu can kick neatly into touch despite being surrounded by your defence. Totally impossible to execute with the time it takes to initiate a kick for the player. [/b]

yup i also find the rucks very unrealistic as binding into a ruck does nothing and almost never does a turn over.

i don't find it hard to pass to the backs on a lineout (just press many times on the pass button just after reciving the ball).

have no problem eighther with the kicks as its possible to do the same than the cpu (and even much better using carter or wilkinson).

Latest posts