• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Netball

S

shiznit

Just thought id mention the Netball seeing as no one has mentioned it yet.
we cained Aussie 3-0 in the series so i spose theres no doubts left anymore and its pretty much official that NZ are the best in that sport.
although so we should considering we stole those players from South Africa and Fiji.
if only it were rugby.

Originally posted by Serge@Jul 6 2004, 10:56 PM
without Van Dyk we wouldnt be this good.
Without Van Dyke where else would they find a genuine cockeny accent?

we do have other great players like Harper and Clarke but Van Dyke adds the extra x factor that cant be found with Colling, Lofhagen or Wipiti (dont know how the names are spelt).

Originally posted by Serge@Jul 7 2004, 09:56 AM
without Van Dyk we wouldnt be this good.
Lucky for us Irene and Samo's sister find our country beautiful.

No seriously it is lucky that our national netball comp is the most prestigeous in the world with prime time live viewing and sponsors and flash names and fancy kits and the girls are household names. Otherwise Irene and Radlike's sister would go to Australia where the weather is warmer and the men are better looking. Alas, their netball comp is pushed to the side....ha, ha, ha.

Originally posted by Wally@Jul 8 2004, 03:49 PM
Ah.. You all seem to know an unhealthy amount about netball
yeah i suppose so. But these days they have male refs/commentators and international teams so it is spreading. Rather watch netball with a chic than a crappy girls movie.

I havn't really noticed. I used to watch my girlfriend play but I don't if anything is shown on television. My cousin is in New Zealand at the moment representing the Sunshine Coast in some competition actually.

Netball sucks as a televised sport but it is actually quite amazing a court level. A bit like touch, it too sucks on TV. The only way small court games are gonna look good on TV is to make the court 3 times as big, maybe grass even....and perhaps a couple more players.

scotland are they best team to watch wether live or t.v
<

guaranteed

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Jul 9 2004, 10:25 PM
Netball sucks as a televised sport but it is actually quite amazing a court level. A bit like touch, it too sucks on TV. The only way small court games are gonna look good on TV is to make the court 3 times as big, maybe grass even....and perhaps a couple more players.
touch rugby is an awesome game to play..great social game and anyone can play

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jul 12 2004, 01:49 PM
<

guaranteed
We are talking about netball here

Originally posted by Wally+Jul 12 2004, 09:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jul 12 2004, 09:04 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jul 12 2004, 01:49 PM
<

guaranteed
We are talking about netball here [/b]
yes im am talking about the scottish NETBALL!!! international team...i only hope they play more down here...coz we only ever play australia

oh yes the ramrooters hit us where it really hurts, beating us in netball.

Latest posts