• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions 2025

Piranha002

Academy Player
Hello. 2021 South Africa was my first introduction to the British and Irish Lions, and learning about Rugby over all. I found it exciting and fun to watch. Since then I have added seeing a British and Irish Lions game in person to my bucket list, and since a visit to Australia is also on the list I was happy to learn that in 2025 I might get a chance to check both those off the list at once. That said, I live in the USA and am new to watching rugby. I am finding it challenging to see Union rugby games and learn, and my attempts to find information has been leading me to all sorts of websites of varying quality.

This is where I am hoping some of you experienced fans can help me out... If I wanted to see the Lions play in Australia in 2025, are there certain websites/resources that are legit good resources to follow and get tickets through? Is the "official lions website" (lionsrugby.com) the only place I should be looking or is there somewhere else once the tickets go on sale? Are tickets to a game hard to get? (Here in the USA certain sporting events sell out quickly and if you don't plan way ahead you won't get to see them). I saw the Lions fan club put out tiers of memberships, which has tickets mentioned, but is it worth the cost or would it matter?

I know 2025 is a ways out there, and tickets are not yet on sale or announced yet, but an Australia trip and Lions game will be a significant cost and require a good amount of planning for us, and I want to ensure we can get tickets to a game. I also don't want to get scammed or pay too much through a site that is not the best. Are there travel package deals worth getting, or should I piece together a trip on my own? (If packages, through who?)

Any advice or good resources you all have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I find your comments on the last Lions tour curious. I have been following Lions tours for years and they are one of my favourite things in rugby but the style of rugby played by both sides on the last tour was so bad I have lost any enthusiasm for future tours.

Hello. 2021 South Africa was my first introduction to the British and Irish Lions, and learning about Rugby over all. I found it exciting and fun to watch. Since then I have added seeing a British and Irish Lions game in person to my bucket list, and since a visit to Australia is also on the list I was happy to learn that in 2025 I might get a chance to check both those off the list at once. That said, I live in the USA and am new to watching rugby. I am finding it challenging to see Union rugby games and learn, and my attempts to find information has been leading me to all sorts of websites of varying quality.

This is where I am hoping some of you experienced fans can help me out... If I wanted to see the Lions play in Australia in 2025, are there certain websites/resources that are legit good resources to follow and get tickets through? Is the "official lions website" (lionsrugby.com) the only place I should be looking or is there somewhere else once the tickets go on sale? Are tickets to a game hard to get? (Here in the USA certain sporting events sell out quickly and if you don't plan way ahead you won't get to see them). I saw the Lions fan club put out tiers of memberships, which has tickets mentioned, but is it worth the cost or would it matter?

I know 2025 is a ways out there, and tickets are not yet on sale or announced yet, but an Australia trip and Lions game will be a significant cost and require a good amount of planning for us, and I want to ensure we can get tickets to a game. I also don't want to get scammed or pay too much through a site that is not the best. Are there travel package deals worth getting, or should I piece together a trip on my own? (If packages, through who?)

Any advice or good resources you all have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
My wife and I did the official 2013 Lions tour in Australia, and although expensive, we didn't regret a penny. Of course everybody has a budget to work to, but the official tour included tickets to the tests, events such as 'The Eve of Test', where former Lions and Aussie internationals are on stage sharing funny stories, and 'The Lions Den' which is a pre and post match get together of Lions fans from all four countries. Food and drink were inluded at these events. We even got to see the Manic Street Preachers play two acoustic sets, free of charge.

It's a fantastic event which needs plenty of planning and saving, and yes, there are more cost effective ways of enjoying the experience, but you won't regret it. Hope you enjoy it.

We are planning the this too and are trying to work out whether booking the official lions tour is worth the large difference of booking through an approved agent. The cost is around 30% more to book through the official tour and I am trying to work out what extra we would get for the money. I can see that the Lions Theatre and Lions Den is included, but I can't see what that actually is or gives us. Any one know?

We are planning the this too and are trying to work out whether booking the official lions tour is worth the large difference of booking through an approved agent. The cost is around 30% more to book through the official tour and I am trying to work out what extra we would get for the money. I can see that the Lions Theatre and Lions Den is included, but I can't see what that actually is or gives us. Any one know?
I can only go by our 2013 experience, but the official package gave us access to the official events, listed above, at which food and drink is served 'free'. During the booking process we negotiated upgrades on all our accommodation from silver to gold packages, so it's worth asking the rep what he's able to offer at time of booking as most of our accommodation was amazing. As an aside, at breakfast on the morning of the final test in Sydney, we sat at a table between the McGeechans and the Beaumonts, which seemed quite surreal at the time.

I can only go by our 2013 experience, but the official package gave us access to the official events, listed above, at which food and drink is served 'free'. During the booking process we negotiated upgrades on all our accommodation from silver to gold packages, so it's worth asking the rep what he's able to offer at time of booking as most of our accommodation was amazing. As an aside, at breakfast on the morning of the final test in Sydney, we sat at a table between the McGeechans and the Beaumonts, which seemed quite surreal at the time.
Thanks for replying so promptly, it is much appreciated. Who was the official tour operator in 2013? There seems to be less flexibility to upgrade for 2025 and things like hotels not having wifi included seems wrong these days, when so many, like me, can work remotely and still get to the tour. I've found a bit more in the FAQ's, but not enough to confirm that it is still good value for money, rather than expensive for what you actually get over other tour operators.

Thanks for replying so promptly, it is much appreciated. Who was the official tour operator in 2013? There seems to be less flexibility to upgrade for 2025 and things like hotels not having wifi included seems wrong these days, when so many, like me, can work remotely and still get to the tour. I've found a bit more in the FAQ's, but not enough to confirm that it is still good value for money, rather than expensive for what you actually get over other tour operators.
I think it was Lions Tour. You've reminded me that the Wi-Fi situation was very poor, some areas didn't seem to have any at all. The only free Wi-Fi that I can remember was in the Sydney Opera House cafe.

Latest posts