• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Adidas rugby boots?

ridgerunnersp

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
If you watched the hong kong test or the all blacks or wallabies eoyt you might have noticed a whole bunch of them wearing neon green adidas cleats. I haven't seen these before and I haven't been able to find any info on them anywhere on the web. My best guess is that they are the new version of their rugby boots (915, flanker, regulate, etc.). Can anyone confirm this or squash my dreams?

If you watched the hong kong test or the all blacks or wallabies eoyt you might have noticed a whole bunch of them wearing neon green adidas cleats. I haven't seen these before and I haven't been able to find any info on them anywhere on the web. My best guess is that they are the new version of their rugby boots (915, flanker, regulate, etc.). Can anyone confirm this or squash my dreams?

maybe that became the reason for final match score? :D:D:D :p:p:p

Could be the new flankers (the IVs have been around a few years now, and they do look similar), maybe they'll get released/revealed in december when the new predators are out?

Could be the new flankers (the IVs have been around a few years now, and they do look similar), maybe they'll get released/revealed in december when the new predators are out?

I loved the IVs but they're super heavy, i hope Adidas made a more lightweight boot yet comfortable for the forwards more like the predator. I also use the Nike Mark Air Zoom, really lighter boots compared to the flanker IV, but they're not available anymore.

Yeah definitely heavy. I had the regulates and it's like walking in the mud lol. Right now I have Nike T90 supremacy and like them. They are lightweight but have good stability. Bring in some carbon fiber!

Those preds are pretty sick btw.

The boots in the picture are the new Regulate Boots, which should be released next Spring.

I loved the IVs but they're super heavy, i hope Adidas made a more lightweight boot yet comfortable for the forwards more like the predator. I also use the Nike Mark Air Zoom, really lighter boots compared to the flanker IV, but they're not available anymore.

From what I've heard, that was the biggest complaint from players who have used Adidas rugby boots (Flanker IV, 915s & Regulate)
The new boots should be much lighter than their predecessors while still being stable enough for forward play.
Heck, Adidas even made an F50 Adizero for Rugby, and that boot is super light.

The new boots are developed for rugby. The munster team got alot of lads wearing them. The material is excellent but also there is something about the studs and angle of them which supposedly improves a player when holding his feet etc at breakdown

Do you know where will I be able to buy these on the net ???
Google 'Adidas 915 III' - they're not identicle but they're the same in essence
I presume McCaws will be the latest incarnations which haven't been released to the general public yet

That new Predator is the Predator RX, a modified version of the Predator designed for rugby. The kicking element has been modified to make it better for punting.

Ooooh, very nice!
Reckon I'll be sticking with Predators for the forseeable future though

Latest posts