• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New movies for you!

once again i implore some good soul to convert these movies into either .avi, .mpeg or .mov files. Please please please!

The only one that looks a bit dodgy is the ball physics clip. The ball lands almost in the middle of the pitch and then bounces almost all the way out, but all these little things I am sure can be overlooked with the other clips I have seen. Sorry cavan that you cannot see them it would kill me but trust me you will love it when you do.

cheers m8, i'm viewing the forum on windows now, but it's a university pc, so I can't download the codecs needed by windows media player to run the .wmv files!
<

I noticed that in the overlap vid, Locks goes WAY offside, and the 'Advantage Aus' panel comes down. But when Australia use the overlap, and gain some good ground, it goes away.

Looks like a fair amount of time (or what you do with your advantage) is taken into account. Nice.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 1 2005, 08:58 AM
I noticed that in the overlap vid, Locks goes WAY offside, and the 'Advantage Aus' panel comes down. But when Australia use the overlap, and gain some good ground, it goes away.

Looks like a fair amount of time (or what you do with your advantage) is taken into account. Nice.
Yeah nice, I think it was in rugby 2001 that you could go on for ages and the advantage would never seem to be over??

Never noticed that board coming down for advantage Oz for England being offside nice. Hey Locks were you penalised for that High tackle in the Clip you posted? How Did you do it? Last but not least did you mean to ha ha?

Originally posted by TheBokke@Feb 1 2005, 10:31 PM
Never noticed that board coming down for advantage Oz for England being offside nice. Hey Locks were you penalised for that High tackle in the Clip you posted? How Did you do it? Last but not least did you mean to ha ha?
No, for some reason I wasn't penalised, but then again, it was in the, ahem, "upper chest" area rather than the neck! lol!

I didn't plan to do it, I just ran at the bloke and whacked the right analog stick in his direction, unlucky for him eh?

Lets hope after a tackle like that we would hear the legend(BillMaclaren) make his famous statement that tackle would have landed him in ward 4. It looks good as it looks like you really set that guy up for a big hit and then lambasted him, plus another tackle animation I can`t get enough of this man never mind mind peel myself away from this site in the hope that we see more in game footage or some new news!!

Sorry this may be a very silly question but I noticed on one of the videos showing a maul that the X button binds players - what does this mean? Does thast add more players to the maul? also everytime there is a ruck you can see the backline options i.e pocket, dummy switch. I'm really hoping there are more options than this in the full version i.e cross overs and switchs, blind side moves. Maybe you tailor your options before the game or during???

Any thoughts??

I know in EA's NBA games you can pick offensive and defensive sets for the D-Pad so son't see why it wouldn't be an option here! Would add a nice extra element of strategy if you know who your team's main strike runners are and want to get them involved as much as possible

yea if u remember in Rugby 2001 they had different options that u cud assign for the lineout moves and scrum moves...

From EA's last two efforts I'm not spending a cent until I actually play it.

But that said it looks much better than 2004. Are there any video's of tactical kicking or kicking for the wingers to follow? Because it was the worst thing in 2004 that your flyhalf could never get a kick away, it would always be charged down.

And the AI on the video where England turn it over in the ruck and the England forwards just doesn't react and it's a simple 2 on 1 for Sailor and Rathbone. That is very poor AI.

Also does the flyhalf has to stand that deep? Can you choose a shallow back line?

None of your short movies seem to be working for me. i have the latest windows media player and quicktime viewer but it just directs me to a 404 not found.this is the adress it directs me to http://www.daz2k.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/try_saver.wmv.
does any one no how i could sought this out as i am so excited about rugby 2005 and have nly seen a few ingame movies

1 question locksley. in rugby 2004 and wrc it is almost impossible for teams such as wales and scotland to win rucks and have the ball fpr more than 5 phases, against teams like australia and new zealand. does this problem happen with rugby 2005.

cheers

its because hes took it off because its to old he put them on on the 30th mate so catch up!!!!

so where can i find these movies them
or do u know any other places where i can find ingame movies

sorry mate dont have a clue you could ask someone who has the game to post some stuff up!

Latest posts