• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TWC XV of the group stage

dirty harry

First XV
Because why not, i know it's tough as there has been a lot of rotation from the bug teams.

here's mine, let me know who I've forgot:

1. Porter just never plays below an 8.5
2. Tadger - why not!!!
3. Furlong
4. Fakatava that try alone lol
5. Rowlands, has been a defensive demon
6. Mahoney seems to be 25 again
7. Morgan, cross field kicks, tackles, scorer the lot!
8. Aldritt has been immense
9. Smith? Davies? Marquez? De klerk? Dupont? Let's go Marquez, hes played more AND against higher opposition.
10. Sexton for the crunch performance
11. Leicester cant spell surname
12. Aki sublime, all rounder, Danty has missed a game
13. Nayacelavu, immense until coming off last night injured, sorry Fickou
14. Penaud worrying how eager for the ball he has become
15. William's

That was very difficult, 25 players missed out through no fault of their own, Furlong, Matavesi, Elias, Beirne, Falatau, most 9's, Danty, McKenzie, Ringrose, Keenan, Biabillary etc.

It's so hard with player rotation, poor opposition, and just the amount of quality shown across the board.

Anyone got anything better?

Last edited:
Nayacelavu started well but was absolutely desperate last night, multiple knock ons and individual mistakes, really ineffective with ball in hand. Would have him out based on that game alone despite good performances leading up to then.

Tadger is a hooker too. Other than that pretty solid choices.

Nayacelavu started well but was absolutely desperate last night, multiple knock ons and individual mistakes, really ineffective with ball in hand. Would have him out based on that game alone despite good performances leading up to then.
He was desperate I give you, and he was taking a lot on himself, but Fiji were leading until he came off. The other 3 games he was top class, near MOTM in all IMO. Fickou is world class, Ioane too but I dont think either are as influential on their teams performance as him.

Ringrose right in there too. There are just so many, the final decision will always be according to taste

1. S. Kitzoff
2. J. George
3.Ben Tameifuna
4. I. Henderson
5. T. Beirne
6. T. McFarland
7. J. Morgan
8. G. Alldritt
9. C. Roigard
10. J. Sexton
11. D. Penaud
12. Tuisova
13. G. Ringrose
14. W. Jordan
15. H. Keenan

1. S. Kitzoff
2. J. George
3.Ben Tameifuna
4. I. Henderson
5. T. Beirne
6. T. McFarland
7. J. Morgan
8. G. Alldritt
9. C. Roigard
10. J. Sexton
11. D. Penaud
12. Tuisova
13. G. Ringrose
14. W. Jordan
15. H. Keenan
McFarland is a good shout. Tameifuna is just huge, Tuisova only had one decent game, didnt start v Wales, poor v Portugal. Roigard has impressed, but it was against Namibia and Uraguay in monster wins that he was given an armchair

Latest posts