Organisation of the 2023 World Cup

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Complaints across the board of stadium organisation and a story breaking now of an alleged gang rape of an Irish fan in Bordeaux.

The farcical method of picking the hosts for the tournament (World Rugby gave France the highest safety and stadia ratings) is coming back to bite.

Poor girl and her family, hope she gets every last bit of support she needs.

Horrible news.

I still wish it was given to Ireland. It would have been special

Jesus, that's horrendous news

I'd seen a lot of complaints about entrance to the stadia, public transport issues etc. it sounds like a right shambles

World Rugby have gone through twitter today sending trademark violations at everyone who's posted clips - even clips posted by the official WR account have been caught in their net

Yeah was in Bordeaux. Great city to be fair and an overwhelmingly positive experience, but the organisation was not great. Stadium ran out of water, ques for beer were outrageous (and they ran out of that too) and public transport wasn't really able for it. Saving grace was the brass bands in the stadium.

The Sexual Assault is..... horrifying. Don't know what else to say about that.

That's bloody terrible.If they are censoring bad news that's appallingly bad. The french have form for this with Fifa / Uefa and Liverpool so not surprised tbh.

I just came back from a week end in Marseille (Arg-Eng and SA- Scot). I couldn't believe how bad the logistics of the Velodrome is...just 2 main entrances, one of which with many steps, it took us 45 minutes to get inside the perimeter with the crowd pushing to get in (very dangerous), no police, volunteers don't know anything, queues to get a bottle of water are enormous because you gotta queue with people trying to refill a million pints of beer...A couple of guys in front of me left at half time and both came back 40 minutes later with a few beers...

Adding to that, very tight space in the main (most expensive) stand. They basically built a new stadium roof in 2016 but the stadium is the same piece of crap I remembered from the previous Rugby World Cup in France 16 years ago.

Very dissatisfied, I have been going to all sort of sport events for almost 40 years and this was like taking a Time Machine and being back in the 80es.

I have tickets for the knock out stages but I have no interest in going back to France after this experience.

I just came back from a week end in Marseille (Arg-Eng and SA- Scot). I couldn't believe how bad the logistics of the Velodrome is...just 2 main entrances, one of which with many steps, it took us 45 minutes to get inside the perimeter with the crowd pushing to get in (very dangerous), no police, volunteers don't know anything, queues to get a bottle of water are enormous because you gotta queue with people trying to refill a million pints of beer...A couple of guys in front of me left at half time and both came back 40 minutes later with a few beers...
Seems to be universal across all stadiums then.
Adding to that, very tight space in the main (most expensive) stand. They basically built a new stadium roof in 2016 but the stadium is the same piece of crap I remembered from the previous Rugby World Cup in France 16 years ago.
Really? Was there for the Heineken Cup final in 2022 and it was a great viewing experience in the stadium, game itself not so much...

Seems to be universal across all stadiums then.

Really? Was there for the Heineken Cup final in 2022 and it was a great viewing experience in the stadium, game itself not so much...
The view was good, just the seats very small and the leg room very tight, typical of old school stadia. Of course, people are getting bigger and bigger (especially the rugby crowd). Plus a modern stadium with fixed seats is weird...common standard is foldable seats these days (UEFA standard seats). Toilets were the exact same as 16 years ago :), not sure why they didn't renovate the place properly in 2016.

Ah people smoking in the stands and stadium security didn't say a world. A few drunk people were actually peeing inside the perimeter and once again the security guys 1 meter away didn't say a word.

And as usual in France, French people move to try to get better seats...I have seen that countless time at Roland Garros and Parc de Princes. Not sure why they can't stay in their own seats :)

I am often in France and I came to the conclusion that they are just not very good at organizing events in general. Of course the beauty of the country makes up for it.

I will say stadium experience in Bordeaux didn't seem nearly as bad as Marseille. Similar issues but on a way smaller scale

The view was good, just the seats very small and the leg room very tight, typical of old school stadia. Of course, people are getting bigger and bigger (especially the rugby crowd). Plus a modern stadium with fixed seats is weird...common standard is foldable seats these days (UEFA standard seats). Toilets were the exact same as 16 years ago :), not sure why they didn't renovate the place properly in 2016.

Ah people smoking in the stands and stadium security didn't say a world. A few drunk people were actually peeing inside the perimeter and once again the security guys 1 meter away didn't say a word.

And as usual in France, French people move to try to get better seats...I have seen that countless time at Roland Garros and Parc de Princes. Not sure why they can't stay in their own seats :)

I am often in France and I came to the conclusion that they are just not very good at organizing events in general. Of course the beauty of the country makes up for it.
Smoking in the stand happened in the HEC final too, we were surrounded by LaR fans and just joined in though... no ******* though.

Good luck to them in the Olympics, that's a proper worldwide event, they'd want to buck up.

I am often in France and I came to the conclusion that they are just not very good at organizing events in general. Of course the beauty of the country makes up for it
I agree... I've been to a lot of concerts in French stadiums (in different cities), also celebrated this NYE (31/12/2022) in Paris, in the city center....they are really terrible in organising events,what to add here :(
What about this poor raped Irish girl...feel so sorry for her, nearly to start to cry ((( unfortunately France became scary for us girls. I've had looots of issues with men there, harassment etc fortunately nothing too bad as happened with this girl(

Terrible news.

I still cannot believe the wc is being held there and that safety was one of the criteria used to make them hosts. To be honest, i kinda thought that after what happened at 2022's UCL final they would semi-militarize the entire event to avoid any issues. Wishful thinking i guess.
Not that I enjoy watching police marching by but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that safety is paramount.
God I'm furious now.

Botulism at a popular tourist restaurant in Bordeaux this weekend, one dead and 8 hospitalised (so far?)

And let me add....hopefully by the time I go to Paris for the semifinals the weather will be cold...because most people did stink like corpses inside the stadium....

Less than 24 hrs to change their minds. It was absolutely haunting.

World Rugby now nuking clips from TV shows that are analysing the world cup (presumably the RTE analysis had clips form the RWC in)

Bunch of dinosaurs

World Rugby now nuking clips from TV shows that are analysing the world cup (presumably the RTE analysis had clips form the RWC in)

Bunch of dinosaurs

This is honestly the worst thing. I don't understand how pathetic they could be in this department. Are they scared of lawyers talking about IP rights they sold to broadcasters? Do they not understand how the world works? Actually the answer to that last question is pretty obviously clearly.

Squidge Rugby seems to be a bit roadblocked on making content as it seems the material will be DMCAd, every single clip is getting smacked down and accounts are getting banned from twitter and they are shutting down engagement on their tournament- complete amateur hour

Latest posts