• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New News!

Nice find...............can't say I have high expectations for this one, therefore I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

well its fair to say the last game wcr was bit of a letdowm. hopefully this is a big improve on wcr and rugby 2005

is he good umosay because going by that article he seems to be regarded quite highly

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 2 2005, 07:25 PM
is he good umosay because going by that article he seems to be regarded quite highly
Good? Did you play Rugby 2004? He was the main commentator in that. So no, he is crap.
<

Originally posted by umosay+Aug 2 2005, 07:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Aug 2 2005, 07:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Aug 2 2005, 07:25 PM
Good? Did you play Rugby 2004? He was the main commentator in that. So no, he is crap.
<
[/b]
Sarcasm is lost on the interweb thingy.

Originally posted by umosay+Aug 2 2005, 07:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Aug 2 2005, 07:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Aug 2 2005, 07:25 PM
<
[/b]
CO

HEN!

<

Nice early answer to my perennial "Are Bath In It?" question. Looks good for licenses too, as the Bath player scoring has the Premier Rugby Logo on his sleeve.

Yes. And it's nice to see that they've got Leeds without numbers on their backs:

1122917509.jpg

I know, I know, I'm sure it's one of them "in-motion" screens where there are glitches.

And... found this on: Strategy Informer

Game Description:

Rugby Challenge 2006 promises to deliver the action with slick presentation, together with unsurpassed hard hitting encounters that avid Rugby fans richly deserve and expect. Developed by Swordfish Studios, which was recently named Developer of the Year at the second annual TIGA awards, Rugby Challenge 2006 will feature: New competitions - featuring both international and domestic clubs, including Heineken Cup, 6 Nations Tournaments, Zurich Premiership, Celtic League, French National League (Top 16), etc. Players/Teams - all the licensed players and teams are researched before they are entered into the game. Career mode - enables players to manage, wheel and deal and play your way to the top. Training & Tutorial modes - number of levels including sub games to achieve personal bests. Weather Conditions - choices to play a game in dry or wet conditions, and either during daytime or in the evening. Stadia - There is a mixture of both real-life stadiums (such as Murrayfield, Lansdowne Road, Twickenham, Millennium Stadium, etc.) and fictional stadiums.

well i have fairly high expectations

developer of the year awards

then BLIC's

I am hoping they have come on leeps and bounds since WCR, and the latest accolades back this up

WCR shat on Rugby 2004
IMO wasnt too fay behind NRL

They have definatley approached the 'fun factor' in their gameplay

Whereas EA get too technical at times, which can lead to boredom, and monotonous play - rugby 2005 and cricket 2005

I thought their may have been a graphical improvement since WCR, but it doesn't look like it. If you look at RL1 then RL2 screens their is quite a difference.

Originally posted by umosay@Aug 3 2005, 02:51 PM
I thought their may have been a graphical improvement since WCR, but it doesn't look like it. If you look at RL1 then RL2 screens their is quite a difference.
i'll be an ass and take that as very good news

meaning they have concentrated on gameplay

i admit RL2 looks lightyears ahead of RL1

but scepticism grew when Sidhe could not confirm if certain gameplay issues were addressed........overall speed, rapid passing, high shots (even Sidhe say the high shot wasnt a glitch in the 1st one..it clearly wasnt right).

Bring on gameplay overhaul

Rucks/Maul overhaul
Big Tackle overhaul
Jump Button
Game speed overhaul

they are the makers of JLR, BLIC 99, and BLIC 05 afterall

THEIR RESUME GELS VERY WELL IN MY WORLD..better than HB....

they may not have licensing of all of the players as well. I think its a typo though and should be 45 or something because even with combing wales.Ireland,Scotland, England and France together would not give you even 100 would it. Yeah no super 14 cuts down the appeal to us southerners a bi ah well guess carving up with northamptions will do. $60 thats not bad at all Los

I am assuming the hardest difficulty level will be Easy/SchoolBoy/Beginner
<

Without the S14, what do you expect?
<

CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!

they stripped lomu naked and gave it new graphics and features and teams....

this game gonna be awesome<u can quote me on that!

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Aug 3 2005, 08:49 PM
CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!

they stripped lomu naked and gave it new graphics and features and teams....

this game gonna be awesome<u can quote me on that!
Balanced view as always, Chiro.

Latest posts