• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Rankings.

You probably can but luckily N.Z are big fat chokers and wil fall at the mighty feet of the BOKS!!!!!!! :p :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: [/b]
Jeepers mate, great support for the Boks and all that. But maybe try a little dose of humility for a second before making sweeping statements like that mate. Let`s just wait and see how things unfold before prematurely celebrating a RWC win. Rather leave that to them AB`s, they`re good at that :p .

Congrats Argies, and very well deserved. Winning 5 of your last 6 against France, winning your last 2 against Ireland, beating England at Fortress Twickers, drawing with the British and Irish Lions, and giving the AB`s the fright of their lives the last time you guys met. Surely anybody who believes that the Argies do not deserve their 4th place ranking haven`t been watching much rugby over the last 18 months.

You probably can but luckily N.Z are big fat chokers and wil fall at the mighty feet of the BOKS!!!!!!! :p :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: [/b]

Choker's maybe...But id gladly put my money on our team this year with confidence :zzz:

I hope the rankings are indicitive (i cant spell, sue me) of the semis....an all Sourthern Finals round!!

update:
1(1) NZLNEW ZEALAND 93.38
2(2) AUSAUSTRALIA 87.73
3(3) RSASOUTH AFRICA 86.44
4(4) ARGARGENTINA 84.82
5(5) FRAFRANCE 83.13
6(6) IREIRELAND 81.12
7(7) ENGENGLAND 77.84
8(8) WALWALES 76.83
9(9) ITAITALY 75.65
10(11) SCOSCOTLAND 74.95
11(12) FJIFIJI 73.07
12(14) TGATONGA 72.56
13(10) SAMSAMOA 71.87
14(13) CANCANADA 67.50
15(16) ROMROMANIA 66.51
16(17) GEOGEORGIA 66.38
17(15) USAUSA 65.26
18(18) JPNJAPAN 64.79
19(19) RUSRUSSIA 64.37
20(20) URUURUGUAY 62.66

You probably can but luckily N.Z are Congrats Argies, and very well deserved. Winning 5 of your last 6 against France, winning your last 2 against Ireland, beating England at Fortress Twickers, drawing with the British and Irish Lions, and giving the AB`s the fright of their lives the last time you guys met. Surely anybody who believes that the Argies do not deserve their 4th place ranking haven`t been watching much rugby over the last 18 months.

Yes, I really would like a 1/4 amongst SH' countries. Even when we'll have to go home after the game with the boks.
Anyway, I don't think it will help us to go into the 3N as most people think it will be the best for the future of argentinian rugby. Not either to enter the 6N.

I've been out of it for so long. Just got back into Rugby for the Cup since it's never on tv here in the US. When did Argentina make this move?

I've been out of it for so long. Just got back into Rugby for the Cup since it's never on tv here in the US. When did Argentina make this move? [/b]
after they beat france at the start of the world cup. also good form in the end of year tests last year.

I've been out of it for so long. Just got back into Rugby for the Cup since it's never on tv here in the US. When did Argentina make this move? [/b]
Well over the last 18 months really. They`ve beaten France 5 times out of their last 6 matches, England away, and Ireland in their last 2 meetings. Also, they`ve pushed the AB`s all the way and beat the Lions in 2005. So they really are a maturing side, a side on the up, with consistent results over the last 18 months being rewarded by a top 4 spot in the current rankings.

<div class='quotemain'> You probably can but luckily N.Z are big fat chokers and wil fall at the mighty feet of the BOKS!!!!!!! :p :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: [/b]
Jeepers mate, great support for the Boks and all that. But maybe try a little dose of humility for a second before making sweeping statements like that mate. Let`s just wait and see how things unfold before prematurely celebrating a RWC win. Rather leave that to them AB`s, they`re good at that :p .

Congrats Argies, and very well deserved. Winning 5 of your last 6 against France, winning your last 2 against Ireland, beating England at Fortress Twickers, drawing with the British and Irish Lions, and giving the AB`s the fright of their lives the last time you guys met. Surely anybody who believes that the Argies do not deserve their 4th place ranking haven`t been watching much rugby over the last 18 months.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks, I Hope we go in that way, (sorry, i cant speak english very well), by the way, noted that the top four in the ranking are the southern countrys.

ARGENTINA TO THE TRI NATION NOW!!!!! :)

If the calculations are done correctly ( checked it one some site that does it for you )

Aus could fall to 5th, and South Africa moves up to 2nd again, and the Argies will be 3rd in the world :)

I'm not sure if Argentinia have ever been ranked in the top 3 before, obviously this is beacause of the Eng game which Aus lost, but it's still pretty amazing.

I doubt that Argentina have ever been to the top 3 before, since theyve only started breaking through to the top in the past year.

They deserve it though (For now).

If the calculations are done correctly ( checked it one some site that does it for you )

Aus could fall to 5th, and South Africa moves up to 2nd again, and the Argies will be 3rd in the world :)

I'm not sure if Argentinia have ever been ranked in the top 3 before, obviously this is beacause of the Eng game which Aus lost, but it's still pretty amazing.
[/b]
Mate, a one off match doesn't cause a team to fall 3 rankings...

Yes, yes it can.

especially in a world cup when the ranking points are doubled per game.

I'm guessing France just moved up a few places.

[/b]

Never, in fact the 4th place is our toppest ranking

Hope we win today's match to confirm this, nevertheless our motivation is to finish the best we can this world cup than the best we can in the IRB ranking :D

Anyway, these are good news, but we have to make a good match against Scotland to demonstrate that we deserve that ranking. I would love to see a semi match against SA, not because I think we would win (sincerely I think we won't) but it's just going to be something I never thought we would reach :bana:

Yes, yes it can.

especially in a world cup when the ranking points are doubled per game.

I'm guessing France just moved up a few places.
[/b]
It's a one off game....how can one loss cause a team to slide form 2nd to 5th? So if the Boks lose against Argentina in the semis they should slide as well then? And hell, while we are at it the AB's should fall too, they got knocked out in the quarters so they would obviously have to be out of the top 4 then?

Don't be a fool. Are you plain stupid, anti-NZ or some blind aussie supporter. Unlike other Tier 1 nations that are within 0.00 points of each other, NZ i opint ahead of the other nations. Head and shoulders in aboce the rest, in short. Its highly unlikely they'll fall from 1st place, and if they do, they would just fall to 2nd

Don't be a fool. Are you plain stupid, anti-NZ or some blind aussie supporter. Unlike other Tier 1 nations that are within 0.00 points of each other, NZ i opint ahead of the other nations. Head and shoulders in aboce the rest, in short. Its highly unlikely they'll fall from 1st place, and if they do, they would just fall to 2nd
[/b]
No mate, Australia falling THREE places because of one loss, that is what seems to have been said, losing to England by two points makes them a worse team than three teams? That's a huge slide for losing one game...

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
No mate, Australia falling THREE places because of one loss, that is what seems to have been said, losing to England by two points makes them a worse team than three teams? That's a huge slide for losing one game... [/b][/quote]

Oh for goodness sake.
why is this so hard for you to believe ?

it can happen and it probably allready has, New zealnd has gone from 93.38 points down to 89.63 (loss within 1-15 points on a nuetral ground in a RWC match, in this case 18 - 20 against the french on Cardif)

France has gone up from 84.63 to 88.38 probably moving into second place now.

Aus went from 87.73 to 84.20 and ENG went from 80.10 to 83.63

Basically what's happened so far is AUS and France have switched places between fith and second, due to the enourmous ponts gap between South Africa and Fiji SA will gain no points from beating them (apparently) but if Fiji win by more then 15 points they can actually overtake RSA in word rankings.

http://www.lassen.co.nz/pagmisc.php#hrh