• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Scotland Kit!

C

Cam1505

What do you guys think of the New Scotland Kit, looks pretty futuristic!!

ScotRWCright..jpg

It look exactly like the South African and Australian kits, the images of which have been out for ages, in blue...

Like all those canterbury series shirts, they look like an undergarment than a shirt. I don't mind them, or any of the kits actually, but definitely too many 'lines' on the shirt. They are supposed to be for curves and contours. Appears there is one for love handles and beer belly too.

Some rugby shirts are starting to look like rugby league's fancy detailed jerseys.

I like the away one, but I think that it might only be for the RWC given the current white/yellow/red one only game out last season. Apparantly Famous Grouse will no longer be the normal sponsor too, unless it's renewed. From what I've seen though of the new SA and Aus shirts, the test spec ones look good, but the other styles of the jersey look a bit baggy and clumsey and the test ones cost what, £70? Rip off!!

the other styles of the jersey look a bit baggy and clumsey[/b]

I think that is because they are designed for the... errr... 'larger' rugby supporter, who does not feel that the 'skin-tight' look particularly compliments their man-boobs.

Aye but even the smaller sizes aren't fitted so it's a bit loose.

I know, I was just joking.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they are made of a different material, hence the baggy-ness, and the difference in price.

it doesnt look too bad, the color scheme works.. sort of imo it just sucks how all them cantab jerseys all look alike with the same template

damn i clicked "click here" and nothing happened

wish all the countries could be a bit more original in their own jerseys. take for example; the all blacks. nice and simple. they look so professional with just their emblem on their left breast. all you need to show is what country you are playing for. not all these absurb looking designs with lines and logos everywhere.

The more I look at it the more the kit does grow on me. I do think it'll look good on the players, but as has been mentioned, the "casual" shirts do look very strange indeed.

I'm not a huge fan of the white side panels underneath the arms though. It's just "too much" in my opinion in what is a very busy shirt.

wish all the countries could be a bit more original in their own jerseys. take for example; the all blacks. nice and simple. they look so professional with just their emblem on their left breast. all you need to show is what country you are playing for. not all these absurb looking designs with lines and logos everywhere. [/b]
If the Wallabies didn't have the Qantas logo on their test jersey's, they'd have to search for tens of millions of dollars. The same goes for all other countries. The All Blacks don't aren't the same as they have a special deal in place.

It's called sponsorship mate, it, TV broadcasting rights and ticket sales are how professional sporting entities function.

Bought the Green edition of this shirt last week (Ireland home) and managed to find a shirt IDENTICALL to the £75 "test" shirt coming out in august - but at £20 less. nice shirt too, but im not so keen on the white under the arms of the scotland one either. is this an attempt to be different to the others? the irish one dosent have it.

and gunner, TFG are becomeing the "official spirit" or the SRU, among other things probably because their name wouldnt appear on kids shirts next season. itll be strange seeing the scotland shirt without it though!

Ecks, the other shirt for £20 less is not 'identical', it is made of slightly different material, and is not tight-fitting.

ok, maybe not precisly identical, but the difference is minimal! and the only reason mine isnt tight-fitting is because i bought a size bigger than normal. anyway, my point is you can save £20 on what is near enough the same shirt. (or alternativly you could pick up the old shirt for £20 in a sale)

Latest posts