• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New to Rugby

M

messer94

Hello, I am a fairly new fan to the game of rugby and found this forum looking for more information on the rules and teams. I am a high school teacher in North Dakota, USA. I watched rugby matches on tv while I was in college and was impressed by the athleticism and toughness of the guys on the field. It's a very interesting but little followed sport in the USA. Thanks to everyone who puts out good information and contributes to this very impressive site.

messer94

welcome to the forum, messer94 !

if you have any specific or general questions about rugby don't hesitate to post them

there are plenty of folks on this site who will give you their two cents worth or possibly even more valuable info

My suggestion is just watch a lot of Rugby Match on Video or DVD or T.V....the more you watch it, the more you'll understand the game.....

You can also go here

http://www.superrugby.co.za/

I think you might need to register though.

on the right hand side of the Super Rugby area under the 'features window' you should find a link to Rugby made simple, which is basically old SA legend Cobus Wiese doing little tidbits of info on the game in a series of episodes.

His English might not be the 'best' in the world but he covers the basics, so I think you might find it helpfull.

Hello, I am a fairly new fan to the game of rugby and found this forum looking for more information on the rules and teams. I am a high school teacher in North Dakota, USA. I watched rugby matches on tv while I was in college and was impressed by the athleticism and toughness of the guys on the field. It's a very interesting but little followed sport in the USA. Thanks to everyone who puts out good information and contributes to this very impressive site.

messer94
[/b]

Hi mate,

I'm on the same boat; since I moved to Australia I've become a rugby fan, in specific rugby union.

cheers

im also in the same boat. been watching internationals for years without understanding it. but ive falen in love with it since i attended an international last november

infact, im even considering playing it now!

Latest posts