New to this board, so some predictions

mickeyc70

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
Afternoon all,

My first post. I have hovered around for months, after becoming bored with the rather Welshcentric www.scumv.co.uk, so thought I would give this one a go. Anyway:

Wales 14 Ireland 21

England 32 Scotland 12

Italy 10 France 35

Ireland will plod on to win a GS. England will come second on PD after narrowly beating France. Wales 3rd after a narrow win over in Rome.

welcome to the forum!, i'll put my predictions up here and my reason for it

Wales 16 - 23 Irealand - Because Ireland are unbeaten in the six nations this year and Wales aren't playing that well but Ireland will give away penalty's and Halfpenny will be kicking quite a few but not enough to stop Ireland.

England 38 - 13 Scotland - I hate to see it but Scotland are in a position were they dont look like they'll beat England this year but I'll be happy aslong as we dont get thrashed them i'll be fine.

Italy 18 - 13 France - Italy has played better and an away win against Scotland could really see them beat France as they are looking very sloppy atm and the squad they picked made the think that Italy can get a win as i also think they can get 2 home win in they're final two games.

Just to point out, if England won both games and Ireland beat Wales, as you suggest, we'd come second by at least 2 points, points difference wouldn't matter (Wales would've won 3, England 4)

Welcome to the forum, but why would you expect anything called 'scumv' to be anything other than a xenophobic forum? (personally had never heard of it before, and wouldn't waste my time posting on/reading it).
The best thing about this forum is the (normally) reasoned threads.

Welcome to the forum, but why would you expect anything called 'scumv' to be anything other than a xenophobic forum? (personally had never heard of it before, and wouldn't waste my time posting on/reading it).
The best thing about this forum is the (normally) reasoned threads.

Scumv started off ok. Now it's just a lot of England haters and hyperbole every time Wales don't lose a game.

Anyway, my predictions fell short this week. So here goes for super Saturday:

Wales 25 Italy 10
Scotland 6 Ireland 25
England 16 France 20

England look fragile and I can see them losing. :(

I can see England losing if it were away from home but i think at Twickenham it'll be just too much for a fired up french side.

I can see England losing if it were away from home but i think at Twickenham it'll be just too much for a fired up french side.

Depends to me on two things...

Can the French scrum gain anywhere near the control of the scrum that they did in obliterating the Italian's?

Can the English manage to use rather than lose their heads when in position to score?

France will lose.
England have the hoodoo over France, it's the nature of things.
In the same way the AB's struggle against France.
Pretty much every team has their Bogey team and for France it's the English. For Harry and St George and all that...

Why are some England fans so negative...
Because we've had such a brilliant record of winning this tournament on points difference in recent years. And winning a Steve Walsh reffed game in the final match?

Because we've had such a brilliant record of winning this tournament on points difference in recent years. And winning a Steve Walsh reffed game in the final match?

I for one, as an ex long term critic of Walsh, have no problems with him doing this match and can think of several others who would be a disaster!!

Mind you with the many one eyed people, seemingly, on this board any ref would be useless!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts