• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand in England

W

woosaah

Well the first test starts on Thursday night (NZ Time) so i am quite looking forward to this.

anyone else going to be sitting aroudn the tv around 10pm for the tests? (or 10am for the english fellows over there)

ill be up, watching the first session and recording the other two to watch at work later on ;)

I'm not enthused at all to be honest. We'll get severely raped in this series. I mean, have you seen our team sheet? We'll get rolled by their mediocre bowlers (by international standards) and their superior batsmen will put up 600+ against our very poor bowlers (bar Vettori).

As much as I'd like see us win the series, I think we'll struggle to even draw at least 1 test match. We just don't cut it in the test arena.

But yeah, I will most likely watch the 1st sessions of each day from 10pm.

anyone doing the fantasy cricket? if there are a few maybe we could create a TRF table?

Let's give the New Zealanders a chance! I think they can spring a few surprizes!

anyone see the run out today what did you think? At the time i was yelling and screaming at the tv. Luckily i was watching a recording as i couldnt stay up all night to watch it. Good thing for England that New Zealand won and it was a good game.

over it now, the way collingwood apologized at the end in the press conferene was good, he has to live with the decision and stuff. But it sure made for an interesting game.

anyone see the run out today what did you think? At the time i was yelling and screaming at the tv. Luckily i was watching a recording as i couldnt stay up all night to watch it. Good thing for England that New Zealand won and it was a good game.

over it now, the way collingwood apologized at the end in the press conferene was good, he has to live with the decision and stuff. But it sure made for an interesting game. [/b]

I think the NZ player could have avoided the English player but made it harder for him by running in front of him rather than to the side. If there was an option to avoid the collision it was the NZ guy who could have done it.

I dont think it was unavoidable, he wasnt sure where the ball was. He got called to run so he ran. He was trying to get off the pitch and run. Sidebottom (the most unfortunate name ever) was just after the ball as well.

I think it was just all unfortunate, and the reactions of both teams was not within the spirit of the game.

If you are looking for a culprit, blame Pietersen. At the end of the day, it was his decision whether to knock the bails.

Also, I fully support the ICC's decision to start banning team captains for games at a time for awfully slow over rates. In both test cricket and one dayers its getting absolutely stupid. I mean, why are they running a slow over rate in one day cricket is beyond me because of the floodlights!!!!

I also find Colly's decision to appeal the run out to be in poor taste and form. Good riddance, I say, lets have a Captain who is in form and has the level of maturity and responsibility to look after his team.

<div class='quotemain'> anyone see the run out today what did you think? At the time i was yelling and screaming at the tv. Luckily i was watching a recording as i couldnt stay up all night to watch it. Good thing for England that New Zealand won and it was a good game.

over it now, the way collingwood apologized at the end in the press conferene was good, he has to live with the decision and stuff. But it sure made for an interesting game. [/b]

I think the NZ player could have avoided the English player but made it harder for him by running in front of him rather than to the side. If there was an option to avoid the collision it was the NZ guy who could have done it.

[/b][/quote]

have seen it multiple times on foxsports both in full motion and in slo mo replay and I don't think he could of changed direction at all. sidebottom though in my opinion could have definitely pulled out and avoided the collison. also it was collingwoods decision to appeal for it which was poor form from the captain. Vettori rightfully did not shake his hand after the game as well. at least justice was done with the overthrow allowing nz to win and collingwood admitting in the aftermatch interview that he did screw up in going for the appeal. it all adds up for a spicy last game too!

Obviously if it was avoidable they would have avoided it. Collingwood is the bad guy here. I have never seen Danny Vettori angry.

<div class='quotemain'> anyone see the run out today what did you think? At the time i was yelling and screaming at the tv. Luckily i was watching a recording as i couldnt stay up all night to watch it. Good thing for England that New Zealand won and it was a good game.

[/b][/quote]

What are you talking about? Batsmen was on the pitch, he has the right of way on the dirt, he started swerving off the pitch to avoid Sidebottom, who turned at the same time as well, and collided - while the batsmen was on the pitch still.

Again, we're barking up the wrong tree. The sidebottom-kiwi batsman collision wasn't the problem and was just an accident. No amount of rabid over analysis of rights of way or minute changes of direction will ever change that. It was Pietersen and Collingwood at fault here, the end.

Like I said, very bad form by Collingwood and New Zealand had every right to be ******.

Latest posts