• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand v Italy

TRF_woosaah

Academy Player
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
I stayed up especially to watch the game. 1-1 so far after 35 mins. 2 goals that shouldnt be goals. first an offside by smelts then a dive for a penalty by the italian. even my italian flatmate said that it was a dive!

De Rossi (I think) definitely went over easily but the defender had a hold of his shirt. It's rarely given by referees but it was a correct decision in my opinion.

Italy are all over New Zealand but are poor at dealing with crosses and free kicks. New Zealand have a great chance to take something from this game.

New Zealands goal was a joke, there was a foul on a defender and a blatant offside,
Didn't see the Italian penalty/dive as I had to nip to the shops, hopefully second half is a goodun

Yeah our goal was a bit of a joke. Still, funnier than the English one against one against Algeria.....Oops who did that first, lol? :D

Woah woah woah, i'm supporting NZ here, i don't even like the England team
You have to admit, the foul and the offside were there, no question about it

Woah woah woah, i'm supporting NZ here, i don't even like the England team
You have to admit, the foul and the offside were there, no question about it

Oh sure, no probs. :D Having a laugh mate. Just showing you that forgetting the ol' "Well done lads" thing and leaving in the "goal is a joke" line was a bit of type in haste moment (I have plenty). You have after all nipped down to the shops, so probably have hot chips in one hand or something, lol. :D

New Zealand appear to be trying for 90% of the game to contain and then taking pot-shots as best they can when the rare moments of attack pop up.

It's like trying to build a fortress out of paper-cups for our defence and having a screwed up piece of paper with "bang, your dead" on it for attack.

Whatever happens from here this is well and truly good enough for me. They've done all I could ever have expected from a New Zealand team already.

1-1??????????????????

How could this have happened? So amazing that we got so damned close to the world champions! What an incredible effort to have put Italy in such an awkward position for so long!

Congratulations to NZ!
That's a fantastic result for them,
"Unbeaten in the 2010 World Cup (so far)" has a nice ring to it :p

Congratulations to NZ!
That's a fantastic result for them,
"Unbeaten in the 2010 World Cup (so far)" has a nice ring to it :p

By the way, it was obviously a dodgy goal, but still...it counts now, lol. :D

Let's hope that EA bumps us up to a 3 star side from the ridiculous 1 star position we're in now, haha. :)

What a result for the Kiwis, a performance that moved people to remove their shirts and jump round like looneys, even the women-folk.

Oh, and Ryan Nelsen is a defending machine.

I'm buzzing right now, what an amazing defence!

On a slightly different note, which is why I am really stoked for those players.

Leo Bertos, Shane Smeltz, Mark Paston and a few others, may get the chance to play in a high club in Europe. There is no question on average the Italians were better, but Smeltz especially looked very dangerous, and I think would do very well in most clubs. His goal was dodgy though, lol.

btw, if some of Italy's players don't make it to the Olympics for soccer, I think they may well have a few talented divers in the team.

What a result for the Kiwis, a performance that moved people to remove their shirts and jump round like looneys, even the women-folk.
Link please. Urgent.

Italy look like Spain - dominant, loads of pattern, but very lame at getting the ball into the box.

Link please. Urgent.
Here you go:

2009Apr26_sheep5.jpg

Latest posts