• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand v Italy

I'll get this train back on track...

I'm officially a fan of socckah as of today, haven't been so glad watching a game then i did tonight.

Italy was dominating most the game, but that penalty kick was a bit harsh..

but it's not entirely the Italians fault..

13yqa84jpg.gif

Absolutely gutted with the result tonight, Italy really should've won this. Credit where its due to New Zealand though who exceeded all expectations in this match and in the World Cup so far. Still think Italy have got more to give though, fingers crossed Gigi Buffon can make a full recovery in time for the knockout stages (fingers crossed Italy get this far) and I think Andrea Pirlo returning to fitness will be crucial as he is the heart of the Italian midfield and where all the creativity stems from, hes an irreplaceable world class player.

Can we somehow beat the Paraguayans and progress out of the group? They are such a good side though and have also drawn with Italy, but did it with far more speed in their play and many more attacking chances for it. I think in reality this one may be one game too many good performances for us. Still, I'd dearly love to be wrong and see us into the final 16!

Especially because if that happens, we have a good chance of playing Denmark, who are good yet erratic and sometimes very beatable. Plus me being of Danish ancestry makes this a dream match for me if it can happen.

This world cup has shown that anything can happen!
I'm amazed that there's a chance Italy may not make it out of the group stages!

Last edited:
I did say underestimate them and their own peril. They have some good players in their squad.

New Zealand has taken over this part of the forum, extremely good result for the All Whites. Not as good Australia though. We will win the world cup.

New Zealand has taken over this part of the forum, extremely good result for the All Whites. Not as good Australia though. We will win the world cup.

Rather surprisingly I found myself annoyed when New Zealanders had a laugh at Australia's 4-0 loss to Germany. It was pretty pathetic to me, I always think of the World Cup of Soccer as being an opportunity to support whichever of our teams make it to the Cup. This time we both did, are in different pools, so why not support both?

Paraguay are gonna tear us apart. :(

That's the spirit...

Well, if we mak it out of the first pool stages, people in New Zealand will go mental. I think every man and his dog is staying up to watch the next All Whites game.

I'm sorry, I should be more confident with my words but Paraguay looked so fast and slick against Slovakia, I just can't see any other result other than a loss unfortunately.

BUT, I never in a million years expected 2 draws against the Slovaks and Italy, the god damn World Champs ffs!, so who knows...

I hope like hell they prove me wrong, don't get me wrong there.

Can we somehow beat the Paraguayans and progress out of the group? They are such a good side though and have also drawn with Italy, but did it with far more speed in their play and many more attacking chances for it. I think in reality this one may be one game too many good performances for us. Still, I'd dearly love to be wrong and see us into the final 16!

Especially because if that happens, we have a good chance of playing Denmark, who are good yet erratic and sometimes very beatable. Plus me being of Danish ancestry makes this a dream match for me if it can happen.

Imagine New Zealand in the quater-finals if that happened, jesus christ.... One minute they are ranked 150+ in the world, next in the top 8 teams in the world.

Latest posts